Invasion (Bright Forest)

I approach is to have Feys loop the towers to death with the support of the new Oak Man.

Wait, what was your Wisp team? Mind sharing?

Just the usual Siegebreaker/Hero/Support/Support team. In this case Wisp is one of them, other is interchangable. Green Seer/Skadi/Suna/Yasmine’s Chosen/Rowanne/Sylph or another Old Man Oakroot are all good, depending on your play style.

Wisp is outstanding from the rest because 4 of its spell characteristics are all good.

• Dispel - get rid of Barrier and Enchanted.
  • Charm - deal 100+ damage in late level if 2nd/3rd troop is randomly targeted.
  • Shuffle Board - chance to align more skulls matches for Siegebreaker to use, and/or 4,5 gem match.
  • Extra Turn - no chance for Shuffle to backfire. Immediately able to cast Siegebreaker on previously barriered tower.
6 Likes

Another Fey would be Plague to weaken the towers.

In terms of your team, would you mind expanding on the usual team? What Hero class are you using? I saw a few people state they used two boss killers. I have enough to do that if I keep it at epic. Right now my team doesn’t feel like its going to last past stage 6. I’ve swapped out the third troop a few times the endings were kinda hairy. I see some using Bard class, which has a last place stat early on. I haven’t been able to level up any class other than Mech to 100. Dragonguard is my current class.

I settled on Old Man - Old Man - Earths Fury (Archer for 50% start)- Wisp. I think I lost one troop once so far on Tier 5 Sigils

I used Mab in place of an Old Man to get through the first 5 stages, the group mana burn worked a little faster

Oakroot
Oakroot
Mountain Crusher (Bard Class)
Wisp
Suncrest Banner (+2 yellow/+1 green)

It’s pretty much a perfect team for this - Mountain Crusher generates mana and the Bard Class powers up Oakroot (every turn/extra turn, Oakroot gains an additional 3-5 damage, depending on ascension). Oakroot easily one-shots any tower, and Wisp is there to dispel the enchants and barriers.

2 Likes

Don’t use Dragonguard for these kinds of events - you want something that has a half-mana start (Titan, Bard, Archer). I’m using:

Oakroot
Oakroot
Mountain Crusher (Bard)
Wisp
Suncrest Banner (+2 yellow/+1 green)

Reason: If you have Bard fully traited (highly recommend doing so, if you can) all yellow troops gain 1 to all stats every turn, so Oakroot gets an additional magic every turn that translates to an additional 3 damage every turn (if you have him at epic). Also, even if you don’t have Bard fully traited, it has an easier half-mana start than Archer or Titan; so long as you have it to level 20, it gets the half-mana start. Mountain Crusher is a phenomenal mana generator, and starting at half-mana means you could potentially fill it on the first turn, which enables you to quickly fill your oakroots.

The 2x oakroot is useful because it can one-shot the towers. Using two gives you a backup if one dies. Also, if you fill both, that’s two towers done quickly.

Wisp is incredibly useful because it dispels. So, if a tower gets enchanted or gains a barrier, one cast of wisp removes that. Plus, if it’s fully traited (which is cheap, as it’s an ultra-rare), it starts the battle with 75% mana, and easily fills after one cast of Mountain Crusher. Also, you get an extra turn after casting it.

I’ve used the following with only one loss so far at Stage 8:

Archer with Trickster Bow - Fully Traited
Glitterclaw - Only 2 Traits
Seer - Only 2 Traits
Yasmine’s Chosen - Fully Traited

As other have said, any classes with half-mana start are preferred. Talents are not much an important requirement, but extra summon/mana/magic are nice. I’m currently using Archer.

You should use any weapons that support the Siegebreaker, or able to handle Tower once Siegebreaker is gone. That include

• Mountain Crusher/Anu’s Specter - gathering mana for the team.
  • Mang* - backup for once Siegebreaker is gone.
  • Anvil of Might/Earth’s Fury - increasing Siegebreaker’s attack, or the whole team.
  • Hammer of Uskaya - Enrage the Siegebreaker to deal with Blue Tower, and do extra 1.5x damage to other Towers. Its Splash damage could work at removing Barrier too.
  • Hope’s Crescent/Fleshripper - strip Tower’s armor and do strong damage.
  • Other weapons in Mang-series could work too, but not as reliable.

*Mang on top like Raid-version is also an option, but I don’t recommend it because any Siegebreakers are a lot better, as they could do high skull damage at the start of the match, without casting spell first like Mang.

At the last stage with 4 Towers, you should take full advantage of Siegebreaker’s 3x-5x skull damage, as it doesn’t require gathering mana. Old Man Oakroot is also much more powerful than other Siegebreakers, as its Mythic-power spell could one-shot everything, so try casting it whenever it’s possible.

1 Like

Assassin class.
I started upgrading the mountain crusher. +4 now.

Mein team:
Old man
Old man
Wisp
Hero weapon mang

Hey guildmate! I ended up going with one of Tacet’s recommended builds and happen to still be using my Mech class for my Hero. For reference, I’m level 440, have zero Mythics on my team, and try to do my best getting by based on recommendations online. I’m using:

Old Man Oakroot (still Epic)
Mech Hero w/Mountain Crusher +4
Dryad
Wisp
Talon/Suncrest Banner (+2Y, +G, -Bl)

I could definitely be wrong on this, but if I were you, I’d rather upgrade Old Man Oakroot to Legendary than to have multiple available at Epic. Like you said, once I hit stage 6 (and some towers at stage 5) I found Old Man Oakroot was falling a little short of one-shotting things. I think moving from 3x to 4x to go from 60+ to 80+ damage per cast would be better … does it go a long way? I can’t say, cause I’m still a low level. I like the synergy of this lineup though and would rather try to protect the one guy doing 80+ damage than two at 60+.

Since I’m using Mech and that’s the only one you have max leveled, this is what I had success with for my talent trees. Level 10, start with Barrier is never a bad choice. Level 40, barrier another random ally when an ally dies helps. Level 70, gain enchant when matching green gems. I’ve like that better than Banishment, dispel all enemies on 4 or 5 gem matches. I rely on the Wisp to dispel barrier away from the Towers, and it does just fine. Since a Traited Mech starts with 50% mana and casting Mountain Crusher rebuilds quite a bit of mana on it’s own, you are usually trying to make green matches to build your Old Man Oakroot, so getting enchant lets you work on making matches to build your other allies up while still building up your Mountain Crusher.

Basically, use the Old Man Oakroot to break down towers. Use Dryad’s ability on him any time he doesn’t have a barrier to try to keep him alive. The extra green gems can sometimes help you earn an extra turn too. Use Wisp to remove barrier on enemy towers (free extra turn), and your Mountain Crusher is a good mana generator. An alternative is to use a second Oakroot in place of the Dryad, but if it is a difference between ascending up to legendary or not, I think I’d prefer one legendary to two epics and focus on protecting with Dryad.

Now, I’m only at Stage 7. My Oakroot usually needs two casts to down towers now. When my Oakroot dies, I’m in bad shape. By stage 8 and higher levels, a single Old Man Oakroot may not be up to snuff, but I’m not sure two Epics will be too swell either. May need to spend gems and buy another copy in the shop. As a newer player, I’m not going to do that, but maybe that is an option available to you.

I’ve found that once I’m at the stage of focusing on towers, I’ll focus on the towers that have skull damage reduction first. If my Old Man Oakroot dies, Mountain Crusher doesn’t do any spell damage, Dryad doesn’t do spell damage, and Wisp doesn’t do spell damage. Breaking down a tower with 75% skull reduction without an ally that does spell damage is bad news bears. I focus on those towers first, so if I can’t keep barrier up on my Old Man Oakroot, I’ll at least have a chance if he dies.

That’s my lower level analysis and advice for this event.

Hey Peelman! I ended up using an orb and making two mythics. Figured there wasn’t a troop I had in mind for it so it was just sitting there. I used the team you did and it is crazy how easy this week is with the two boss killers, Wisp and the hammer.

1 Like

At the very first stages you can use simple combinations like Leshy + Green Seer + Rowanne + Hero with whatever you want just for the Class XP. Double Green Banner. Just wipe everyone with Rowanne as fast as you can.

It did pretty well until i started facing Three Tower and From this point i decided to change to Green Seer, Hero with the new Weapon of this event, Old Oak and Aurai for extra stats on the hero and Old Oak. Unicorn Banner (++Yellow, +Purple - Red)

My hero is currently using Warlord Class, but obviously Archer would fit better, i just have Archer class already at max upgrade so i’ll keep upgrading my Warlord class.

Nothing fancy, just snipe the towers and if you are using any class with the Banishment Talent it’s great to dispel the towers just like Wisp that was already suggested.

2 Likes

Hey guys, just a heads up as I noticed Hopes Crescent was mentioned here. There are currently some issues with using weapons such as Hopes Crescent that use the Striking, Treacherous, and Rending Affixes - you may notice the battle freeze when using those weapons to kill the last enemy, check the link for more details on avoiding that.

2 Likes