Information about bans

That’s not a good thing! Not at all. Why?
A support ticket of mine was once laying around for over 1.x years without anybody responding back to me. Then out of the blue, you @Kafka, responded. And then also vanished to never respond back to me anymore until Jeto took over (again with the same shenanigans)…

What kind of nonsense are you telling us here? Seriously…

In all of the above mentioned things the player itself is completely responsible for the actions taken against them. If someone uses certain tools or experiences around with certain helper tools they want! to cheat the system in some form. They didn’t read the guidelines or simply ignore them and therefore, if caught, have to deal with the consequences. Same 100% goes for account security. The users own responsibility.

I didn’t know you’ll get wet when getting in contact with water? Must be sorcery.
What now, you could get hurt or even die due to falling or even jumping off a huge cliff? Maybe prevent it by spreading your arms out like a bird? Lets try.

Just no.

1 Like

@Kafka
Just because a player created an account. Does not mean they are active. So that less than 1% stat line seems rather disingenuous.

I’d be more interested to know of the players who played at least 1 battle that week. How many were banned?

Your company can’t automatically take 4-5 days away from players able to play the World Event that requires 30 members doing Tier 4 worth of battles. And not compensate all the guilds moving forward. My personal guild completed the event and had no bans. So this is simply a matter of right or wrong.
Going off your statement about cheating no one in your company meant to do wrong. They are still good people who did things to save time. Short cuts that resulted in ruining those players experience.

But since they are such good people they are going to volunteer to make the AI overlord that bans players automatically will also check tier requirements for world events every week and will ensure it’s never higher than Tier 3 moving forward.

It’s ironic that your company is actively trying to automate 90% of the work that is required to run a video game. Yet fixes for bugs that hurt players haven’t increased one bit in turns of how much time it takes to get fixed.

Daily offers have been bugged for years and at least quarterly troops are released with asset issues.

8 Likes

I am mentally applauding this post. Thank you again for detailed transparency! Despite not everyone agreeing on what compensation should be or how exactly bans should work, this type of communication is sorely needed and there really is a good amount of us forum-dwellers who maybe aren’t as vocal as upset players are, but who really appreciate the steps in the right direction for communication.

I can recall several cases on these forums where players used hotkeys/macros/etc without knowing they were against the rules. Obviously that doesn’t excuse cheating, but it’s not ludicrous to allow such players a second chance. Lots of companies use a three-strike system. Additionally, almost anyone who’s been actively on the forums for a few years can confirm that false cheating bans are incredibly rare, which is promising, especially given that the autoban doesn’t ban based off new criteria, but rather does what the devs were already doing manually using caps, as Kafka stated.

10 Likes

That sounds like you might want to prepare for some phenomenal disappointment instead of just disappointment.

Simple answer, because it’s supposed to work that way. All that play equally well receive the same reward. The proper term here is teamwork, it’s what smart people do. Cheating is for stupid people. :wink:

Quite fortunately, Gems of War isn’t that type of game. I distinctly remember some other game taking that approach. Thanks to time zones you had to get up in the middle of the night, right at the start of an event, then frantically keep playing until out of energy to stand any chance of getting first place, because there would be a lot of ties. Terrible design decision, I think they eventually reworked it because it drove away everybody except insomniacs and those without a job.

10 Likes

I´ll just wait to see if the compensation is reasonable…and then decide if I will keep playing…or are annoyed enough to quit.

1 Like

@Kafka what about the vault event you were going to ask about?

7 Likes

Unquestionably I expect everyone to know that even using some form of hotkeys/macros/etc is a form of cheating. If people “could” move the mouse cursor to click only in correct locations without doing anything this whole autoplay feature wouldn’t need the ingame implemented protection of the “moving” button. Man, that would be way more comofrtable…
Seriously, whoever thinks about using such stuff ingame is prepared for the process of shortcutting/cheating, clearly has given it some form of thought process and therefore made a decision and deserves the consequenses.

If you’re not sure about it, and maybe fear consequences - easy: don’t do it. Or ask friends first, your guild players or even publicly ask in this forum about it. You’ll find answers.

Too shy for that, then, jff I did a qck google search for “gems of war macro keys” and landed here: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000348076-Hacking-or-cheating-in-Gems-of-War
I suspect there’s also information at the TOS. So, no excuse either. We all read it. We also basically should have an understanding of “right and wrong”. Yes?

There’s multiple severity levels of cheating and this example seems like a “lower form” than f.e. catapulting your own account to the (or near the) top of a leaderboard or maybe manipulating other things like your own amounts of dragonite or not counting your pvp losses as attacker, or or or.

Imagine someone was able to guildwide manipulate guild wars scorings. With the level of dedication of certain players/guilds this would eventually be caught, but what about the damages? There’s output of rewards, promotion and demotion of whole guilds that most likely won’t be adjusted in any form - how can it even be adjusted? But ouhw boyy, imagine the outrage…

You’re still right when you say certain things maybe deserve a “second chance”. I’m not even completely against a multi-strike system. Therefore you have the opportunity to set up a support ticket with an unban appeal. True, this has to be some kind of priority to be checked through. If the unban appeal is written poorly, shows no remorse or even admits certain wrongdoing, then imo the account stays banned and we all move on. If that’s the case the other way around then you can grant a second chance, but also hand out some form of punishment. Maybe cut all class levels and xp in half or whatever. Or simply give the second chance…

But tbh, normally, if someone gets banned… “they know (exactly) what ‘could’ve’ caused it”.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear about it.

5 Likes

For years there have been guilds who log in to players accounts to play their gws battles for them. Or they call up Zoom and “coach” them. Not cheating?

What about the tools to map out TOD?

Both of these are basically an “emulator with extra features to help with the game”

The first example should have been banned long ago, but you allow account sharing. Isn’t it helping a player? In both cases a player would do better than they would on their (edit: spelled it there :rofl:) own.

:canned_food::worm::worm::worm::worm: <—— Hurry!!! The worms have escaped the can!

thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

Well… today is January 5th and a message has just popped up on my screen that I’ve been banned. I haven’t even used Krinklmass yet… so whatever I read elsewhere about that being the bug, apparently isn’t the case.

What do I do with this ban?
My ID on xbox is ToeKnee0

I don’t even know yet what to expect if I log off.
Some guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

BTW… I haven’t hacked my game or modified it in any way.

2 Likes

They don’t interfere with gameplay or the game data.
Kudos to anyone running external tools to optimise their guild performance that DON’T touch the game. I also use calculators and spreadsheets and external communication tools like discord to play some of my games - if it doesn’t touch the game it’s all fine.

The issue is with any tools that modify the actual game itself to gain an advantage.

A side effect of having an autoplay feature is that players who are just wanting to save some time/effort but still achieve things in game can now use the game as designed to do that in a balanced way that won’t negatively impact other players or put them at an unfair advantage. It’s not the reason we implemented the feature but I’m personally glad it means less players who would be looking for a GoW playing bot/auto-clicker will be doing so because we give them a game feature to achieve what they were trying to do.

If hot seating became an issue then it would probably be problematic, but it’s not an issue as it stands. Players sharing accounts are usually just friends or family members covering for each other when they’re sick or playing together for fun - at the end of the day there’s still a human manually clicking around the game playing the game as it’s intended.

6 Likes

I’m looking into this now.

1 Like

@ToeKnee0 the bans aren’t instant, we’ve found you were detected 7 minutes after we ran the code to unban all the affected players.

The devs are going through now and extending the timeframe to make sure anyone who was detected due to the bug is unbanned or doesn’t get banned if their ban hasn’t already been actioned.

We’ll return all your Trophies, Campaign and event progress as soon as we can.

1 Like

Update:

We’ve found 3 players who were missed in the original bug so we’re fixing them up now.

2 Likes

This is an insult of a compensation. Sorry to have to say so.

It’s way, way less than I could have made actively playing. It’s less gems and none of the other resources that I missed out on.

If that had been the general compensation for everyone it would have been fine but it’s worded as if it’s my personal compensation.

17 Likes

Yeah im gonna let that mail expire.

3 Likes

200 gems!!!

Take your $.15 worth of gems, your time and inconvenience mean nothing to us. Now be good little sheep and log back in! Thank you.

7 Likes

Thank you. I’m able to log in again. Thought I was going to lose out on the Mythic tomorrow.

3 Likes