Information about bans

I agree.

No one is asking them to ditch passes or monetization, but being less hostile is more likely to make them more money than it is to make them less.

The problem is that being increasingly hostile is making them money, and when you’re owned by a megacorp, that’s the deciding factor.

I’ve already expressed that I feel the devs truly want to give us a game that’s more fun/less buggy/etc. But…they don’t make the rules.

find ways to monetize it without being predatory

Gacha/lootbox games are inherently predatory.

The predatory practices can be softened, like making a way for a player to target a specific troop they want. They give us that with the Soulforge, but the cycle is stupidly long and growing. And now we have Gem dragons…

The fact that the response to so many community suggestions/feedback is “BuT tHe EcOnOmY!!!” kinda says it all. Earnings and potential earnings will be protected at all costs.

1 Like

Still takes me back to “but they don’t know if they wouldn’t make even more money when their CS team wouldn’t be so hostile”.

Think we’re talking (in part) about two different things - game architecture and customer service reps.

I’m not even asking them to change anything about the gacha aspects or pay gating. It’s part of the game we all knew we were getting into. And to be fair, you ca okay the game perfectly fine without having the newest mythic or weapon etc right away.

I’m only talking about the hostile forum communications and the unwillingness to work with the players.

Of course there has to be a balance between too generous and too greedy when it comes to the game itself. Though many of the excuses seem really BS to me (like the economy excuse when they’re asked for a fair compensation - for example if you give banned players what they would have gotten by playing, that doesn’t ruin the economy at all).

5 Likes

This, very much: I was getting monthly Path to Power, (had about 10 to go to catch up with all mythics) when I stopped 100% due to how mods treat customers here in forum.

Add to this all Campaign Passes that I would have purchased if I hadn’t gone f2p due to their ‘Customer Experience’ staff, and that’s the total sum that the company has lost for just a single customer due to the mods.

This VIP11 spends now in other games with better customer frontliners.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

I don’t know how my sentence got so weird but at least it was still understandable. :sweat_smile:

It’s also understandable that people stop investing money if they’re treated badly.

Now there may not be that many people who post here but people share stuff with their guilds and alliances and discuss them in the global chat, in videos or on streams.

The way players are talked to and treated gets more attention than it may seem.

8 Likes

Right. I agree with these points as well. Communication on the official forums is, generally speaking, awful.

I would love to see the community manager(s)/devs solicit more game design ideas from players. The main problems here as I seem them are 1) they still have no real say about what they’re allowed to work on/implement, and 2) it’s entirely possible they’d be obligated to monetize the fun right out of it.

World Events were a great missed opportunity. I don’t know that many of us genuinely have a problem with there being more than just the cycle of Invasion/Raid Boss/Tower of Doom, but what we got for new “events” is a RNG-infested mess. No consistent scoring, no consistency in the relative value of enemies (cmon, with little exception Mythics should be the most valuable to kill…the game literally trains players visually that the color representing Mythic is the most prized/important/valuable thing) and no consistent expected tier spending.

I’d love to see more player feedback/suggestions taken seriously, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it’d require IP2 to be given more control over the creative direction of the game than they currently have. With years of repeat behaviors…they’ve had more than ample chances to try and course-correct. I don’t think it’s unreasonable at this point to assume that they can’t while still hoping that they eventually gain that control.

4 Likes

Just following up as it’s been awhile since I replied.

I’m sorry my messages came across in a “hostile” way, it really wasn’t my intention. Text can be difficult to convey tone and intention and with stress levels already running high in this thread due to the issue at hand can make communication a bit more difficult.

I asked for an update on the Vault event today and I’m hoping to have one before the weekend - I will keep poking!

Please keep the thread civil, unfortunately there had to be a couple of bans and several posts deleted due to swearing and insults. Also just a reminder that constructive criticism of anything is ok but targetting individuals whether they be players or staff (we’re all people right?) isn’t ok. Not only is it not pleasant to be on the receiving end, it gives the idea that it’s ok to behave like that towards anyone at any time they post and makes the forum a hostile environment for anyone who was thinking about joining. We want anyone to be able to post here whenever they want, what they think without worrying about being targetted. So please do keep helping us maintain that environment, and we appreciate everyone who has been doing that so far, it’s really appreciated and it helps the community be maintained and grow as well.

14 Likes

The devs are making things hostile… we have a right to be angry and frustrated with everything that has happened and to be upset when insulted by slap in the face compensation and lack of honest communication.

We wouldn’t have this if not for the devs…

11 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Kafka , I thought you (and @Jeto ) abandoned the game completely now.
Looking forward to getting an update for the extra Vault event before the weekend, but my hope on the delivery of “your hope” for that and you actually being able to deliver on that are nearly dead. Too many empty promises over time.

…but maybe this is an opportunity to keep up “your hope” that the players at this point might view as some kind of “(official) pre-announcement” or even “promise” to deliver at least some news on if we get this extra vault event - or even provide a date.

Maybe you - or anyone else - could even follow up, answering some of the questions in this thread, f.e. about future plans of vault events? After all you read everything, right? Since the “weeks in between” vault events seemingly got extended massively people are interested in answers / infos. Is it game-breaking to talk about it? If so, then please understand this: not talking about it, not giving out this infos is “economy breaking” to many players. Isn’t that something that should be taken seriously?

…But sure, some forum bans or deleting messages that might come across in a more “hostile” way because of a massive banning-wave, highly questionable out of touch choices of compentsation and lying to your playerbase in several topics seems like the favoured procedure compared to fixing “the problems” by re-evaluating own choices. Many active forum members would really appreciate this though and it helps the community be maintained and grow as well.

9 Likes

Man, I came in here all excited to see an official date for the Vault Event to be announced somehow, somewhere among all this chit-chat but yet… nothing… just more waiting for more info. I’ll be holding my breath under some gems. :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wild idea: What if instead of an “extra” Vault weekend, take the next scheduled Vault weekend and make it a full-weeklong event?

8 Likes

No new info about the Vault event sorry, just flying by at 7:50pm to check on things again before heading off for the day.

Nope! You’re still stuck with us sorry! Due to the new years holidays and sick leave and such we went from taking turns spending a week each on the forums to finding it easier for Gman to stay on Gems of War for CX, with me doing my usual thing and being across everything all the time (what’s that movie? Everything, Everywhere all at once?).

We’ve continued passing your feedback on but we haven’t had any updates regarding this for you yet so had nothing new to add.

Sorry I was awol last week, I had some super important secret squirrel stuff I have been working on for CX.

We should be going back to our regular CX human juggling onto the GoW forum so you all get a fresh face every week Soon TM

Thank you for waiting for me to pop back in this week :pray:

6 Likes

Please, just do not schedule extra Vault event during the Guild Wars week!
This would be more of punishment, not compensation!

8 Likes

oie_LYNZ0FR1eb3I

:grin:

5 Likes

We need to take it when we can get it. Don’t give them another excuse to delay it even more.

3 Likes

Or, just replace Guild Wars with it.

8 Likes

4 one-day vault events on Tuesdays! This is compensation!

1 Like

Im all for vault event during wars, when we getting 100% xp for winning our wars day daily it really goes a long way when grinding vault event, crazy level ups lol

5 Likes

Weekend vault event with double the rewards …instead of two vault events

1 Like

How about removing the reward limiter based on battle speed in GAPs? Full rewards for all.

2 Likes

As nice as that would be that is the epitome of economy breaking.