Information about bans

I just got the 200 gem compensation as well, that is indeed insulting… I lost more than that in tributes alone… @Kafka

2 Likes

It’s missing a zero.

This would be a great time for your company not to take the cheapest option. But retention has never been y’all’s strongest trait.

6 Likes

Are you doing this intentionally to tick players off or are you so deep up in your own that you see your cheapskating as being generous?

Off the top of my head, there was one okay compensation - 100 gems for 3 missing battlecrashers on Hellcrag release. Other times for issues that are fully on you it’s either no compensation at all (like, Arachnean Weaver fiasco) or something so laughable it’s not even funny (for example, 50 dragonite for your “honest to god mistake” with a month of rigged dungeon doors that made average player going 123456 miss an average of 3 perfect runs that should have landed a minimum of about 240 dragonite).

Well, on the positive side, we can make prediction on these issues with such accuracy rate that would make any clairvoyant jealous.

11 Likes

@Kafka this is not bargaining or haggling. Let me give them 200 and see their reaction?!

The compensation should be fair and square. The compensation should be for all and additional compensation for banned players. For once, you guys be on player side. PLEASE.

I hope you guys do it right this time. Really sad and disappointed.

9 Likes

Before the ban I’ve been online much more than after the ban, because I’m still disappointed how everything went down and is handled now.

We’re #2nd on Xbox, have fallen back on #1st because several members of my guild have been banned and none of the guild in front of us.

We (the banned players) missed soooo much content like hourly tributes, Xmas Event rewards, the free Sunday gift, the special pet, (potential perfect runs on) dungeons and also hours of play time that we need to fulfill our weekly guild requirements. And there’s a discrepancy in guild trophies now as well which can’t seem to be cleared.

On top we have bought tiers in the weekly event which we couldn’t use and which the rest of the guild had to compensate. And I’m not even sure if everyone was able to collect the rewards afterwards. But that’s just a sidenote.

Unfortunately my own holidays have been affected as well. I’ve been out of town over Christmas for work. Without family and friends around, I wanted to spend my free time with my guild at least. Didn’t happen, so I spent the whole time (70+ hours) either alone with my work or alone in my hotel room. This is why I might be offended and affected a little more than others by the ban that took place.

At least campaign stars and shards have been restored to the point before the ban (as I said, we missed out some of the rewards on the Xmas Event like the major orb of power or had to buy the pet for a few bucks in order to get it).

I don’t even want to start adding all those numbers up, because then I probably already would have quit playing …

5 Likes

I have no motivating factors to want to short you, I’m not happy this happened, no one is.
I don’t care if you get given 10,000 Gems and a month long Vault event as long as I have a full time job still at the end of it :woman_shrugging: employment is my motivation to assist you folks (I mean apart from the fact I care too).

It sometimes is a negotiation - because injecting Gems into the economy can mess up the game health. I know I know what you’re going to say- so does incorrectly autobanning players - but both can be true at the same time.

I’ve told the team and checked a couple of accounts about the amount of free gems per day you folks were talking about.

I do care, so do the team - I willll get back to you all about the feedback you’ve given but because of time differences and such it won’t be until next week I think. Bear with me (like you have been very patiently doing already anyway).

13 Likes

Come on …you call this compensation ???

Apperantly this is all just a joke to you guys !!!
This is realy an insult. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Perhaps the individual(s) that designed the auto ban system but didn’t bother to test troops that might trigger it should be concerned for their full time job.

Not the person that’s taking the lashings from the public for their mistake. Multiplied by the very clearly low balling compensation.

Nothing would of been less offensive than scraps. Maybe 7 years ago 200 gems would of sufficed. But your own constant gem sink additions have inflated your own market.

Y’all took a week to make the strategic move of adding fuel to the fire. Sad.

19 Likes

While I can appreciate that injecting gems into the game can cause economic issues, this isn’t really injecting a destabilizing amount if you are compensating the (by your own admission) .37% of players who were affected. This is largely replacing the opportunities that they would have had (income, Christmas gift, Krinklemas additional cost, etc). If the average banned player was affected on the order of 1,000 - 2,000 gems I’d suggest compensating them 3,000 gems. Different people were in different situations, and may have been affected differently, but 3,000 is trying to cover more than just the lost opportunity to make it up to those that were affected. This is the biggest error I can remember since I’ve started playing, so it makes sense to recognize it with a reasonably large compensation.

For everyone else, some players had to buy an extra tier or 2 for the world event and some didn’t. If you are adding a vault event to the calendar, then that’s probably enough compensation to get back the spent gems. If you aren’t going to add it something on the order of 200-350 gems (350 = the cost of tier 5) would be reasonable. You could target it specifically at the guilds who were affected (maybe everyone who bought T5/T6 that week gets a refund of 350 or 850 gems, or maybe restrict it to just those in guilds with a significant number of members affected). It’s harder to quantify what is appropriate compensation because the experience was not as consistently affected as the ones who got banned.

By all means though, worry about the people who got banned first. They’re the most at risk of leaving.

8 Likes

I do understand where you’re coming from here, but I guess what disappoints me is that it feels like no one in your company actually plays your game. Because anyone who actually plays the game with any regularity would have easily predicted how 200 gems would go over. It’s just not even remotely close to what we lost out on.

I still believe you guys are acting in good faith but 200 gems was way off the mark. Since it seems like you don’t have employee/players, maybe you guys could consider using focus groups or something similar in the future.

11 Likes

Let me make this easy for you (since it looks like it is too difficult for the devs or CX team to check this on your end).

I have been banned for about 2 days. I play 18+ hours a day on average, so that is ~36 hours of playtime that I was taken. Potentially more since this was a holiday.

• My average tribute gives 25 gems (which is a low average but again, making things in your favor :wink: ), so 25 * 36 = 900 gems.
  • I lost 6 sigils for the holiday event (the free ones), so I had to buy at least an additional tier from the store for 2 days to compensate for this, that is at least 50 * 2 = 100 gems.
  • I had rings of wonder subscription and missed 2 days on it. That is $20 * 2 / 28 = $1.43
  • I get 7100 gold from gold farming on E12 and can do, on average 80 battles per hour. Considering that I play 18 hours per day, let’s assume that I use 2 hours on daily tasks (which is A LOT, but again in your favor), that is 16 * 2 = 32 hours of farming. Let’s assume (for simplicity) I would just farm gold (which sometimes I do, like this week). This equals 7,100 * 80 * 32 = 18,176,000 gold, let’s call it 18M gold.
  • My farming would also yield XP (potential level-ups) and medals. I don’t have very good statistics on medals, but I am pretty sure it would yield a Nysha or two. Still, just to keep things simple and in your favor, let’s skip this.

My loss for two days of ban:

• 1000 gems
  • 18M gold
  • $1,43

In the store, you sell 75,000 gold for 300 gems. So 18M gold would be actually 60,000 !!! gems.

So, my total loss (in terms of gems): 1000 + 60000 (gold) + 21.5 (money) = 61,021 gems!

Again, let me put things in your favor, I would be willing to accept compensation of 60,000 gems.

Before people start burning as a victim, please do point out if there is any mathematical mistake in my calculations (there could be as it is late and I did not want to spend too much time on this), however, please don’t attack just for the sake of attacking.

Oh, you should be able to run this analysis for every banned player. At the end of the day, as you mentioned, it is only a small percent (0.43%?) of the active player base. If it is too difficult, just give them the same compensation that I computed for myself; I am sure no one would object :smiley: (I would be surprised if there is any other player that is much more active than I am).

9 Likes

I read everything you said I just want to mention so everyone knows, your Ring of Wonder should have been suspended and restarted when you were unbanned - if you’re missing days ping me your invite code so I can make sure that worked as intended and so we can correct it for everyone with one if not. Thanks!

Also if you earn 18M gold in that period that is not equal to 60K Gems.
Because you wouldn’t have spent those Gems on all that Gold, Gold has different uses to Gems.
You wouldn’t have earned 60K Gems.
You can buy Gold with Gems but in terms of compensation they’re not equally exchangable the way you suggested.

compensating 60K gems to all the banned players or even to one player for this would probably stuff up the leaderboards for 6 months and every now and then for years we’d still have random leaderboard unfairness when anyone with the 60K gems dropped them randomly on an event. You wouldn’t have been able to do that if you’d not been banned.

It’s also why Dragonite won’t be compensated - it makes very little sense to do so - you’re saying Guilds had to spend more Gems to buy more Tiers - giving them Dragonite doesn’t help replace those Gems or help them buy Tiers in a future event. But with Gems - if you wanted to spend the compensation on Dragonite the Gems will help towards that. Same same but different. Same with Books of Deeds, and some of the other left field requests I’ve seen.

It’s a balancing act with compensating what was lost, not hurting the game economy, the bottom line or making the game unfair on other players. 60K Gems per player (even only 0.37%~ of players) would ruin the game for most of the player base.

Gems do tend to be a good general compensation because you can buy a lot of things with it so you have freedom of choice but that doesn’t mean we can just exchange every resource for one another - it doesn’t end up being logical and it ends up hurting the game balance and fairness.

To be 100% clear I’m all for giving fair compensation to affected players but fair means - giving them as close to what was lost as is feasible, plus a little extra as an apology. Not just dumping a huge amount of an arbitrary resource on an account.

5 Likes

So what the devs are saying officially… "We have the money and power… We own you as long as you play OUR game, you’ll get scraps and you’ll like it.

3 Likes

seemingly, “stress” brings out some “real talk”.

I’m not stressed (surprisingly), this is how I always talk =/

No more swearing.

There was no swearing… Just incorrect abbreviations

@Kafka
Ouw? We got some infos ahead of time, hopes and dreams are crushed and we can adjust oneself to upcoming next to nothing.
Don’t get me wrong here. I appreciate it to already know now that we won’t ever have to worry about being compensated “fairly” and/or with a currency we actually “need”.

It also shows exactly that nothing much will change on those existing currencies ingame. For example “more” or “better fitting” daily deal offers. It seems a sure thing to “suspect” that this is also a (or the!) reason why “testing” is still stuck and noone is further doing anything or giving any update on that matter. It could break the economy if the daily deal offer situation would actually work correct and helpful.
Since you’re already available right now maybe you could throw in a quick comment about that?

I don’t have any info on that that hasn’t already been shared and it’s off topic for this thread.

Fair point. I did not know that Rings of Wonder subscription gets suspended, thanks for clarifying that. On the point of Gold, then, my compensation (fair) should be:

• 1000 gems
  • 18M gold
  • 32 * 80 * 3 = 7,680 trophies (for myself and my guild — that would have happened through gold farming alone)

Any issues you see with this logic? I would have farmed the gold (which is possible to farm in-game) if I was not banned unfairly, so I am not asking for anything that would not have happened.