Incorrect Legends Reborn

How the hell does this happen… It has been in the game files (that don’t exist) for weeks… It’s been on TW for weeks. Sort yourselves out; this QC is beyond awful… Stop focusing on PQ3 and give some attention here.

You say it set itself up. There are at least five people who do weekly spoilers on YouTube; I don’t know about Twitch. Or here’s a novel idea… check tarans for yourself. Then you could see something before any mistakes happen.

Funny how you don’t realize this will go ahead, but when a vault isn’t meant to be there, that gets removed, no question. But we still get the offers.

Not impressed. I am feeling burnt out as it is, and this is driving me (and others) away.

Stop with the errors. You are being paid by a loyal fan base; give them the respect they deserve.

12 Likes

never forget about the adventures of “J” and “K”, when they told you the fairytale story that there was an “extra” vault event. :wink:

4 Likes

yeah there was a synical nod to that about the game files not existing :rofl:

why thank them for an error… they could have just let it run. people have been expecting it for weeks now, they need to be called out for [expletive] like this

1 Like

Just going into some more details on what happened with Legends Reborn. We thought we’d share it with you as quite a few people asked in chat yesterday and on the forums.

We originally had Legends Reborn scheduled for this Weekly Reset, and it was planned around 3 months ago. As part of Legends Reborn, we like to rewrite the stories into the new comic panel format. So the event was created and tested and approved, all ready to go - all we had to finalise was the story rewrite.

Unfortunately the story rewrite conflicted with us finishing a ton of work on the 7.0 Update, which is currently in submission. Obviously the 7.0 Update took precedence and the rewrite did not get completed on time. Somewhere in the chaos of getting all of this done, we forgot to reschedule the Legends Reborn event.

And so, as we were doing final checks yesterday afternoon, we realised Legends Reborn should have been moved but we couldn’t move it in time for the daily reset. Consequently it was live for an hour or two before we rescheduled it.

So hopefully this gives a bit of insight into the amount of moving parts we sometimes have to deal with in a live service game and how easy it is to overlook something as important as a 2 week event.

32 Likes

Thank you for the very detailed update. I appreciate you. I wish other recent issues had a clarification such as this.

10 Likes

Detailed updates always very much appreciated. Would love to see them more regularly :grinning:

7 Likes

So… how does the All Ogre Bounty last Friday fit in all of this?

12 Likes

How is reset on Friday too late to fix the weekend event and reset on Monday is too late to address anything before weekly reset? Am i confused about how time works? Must be me, probably me…

3 Likes

Probably because the Ogre x4 gets automatically placed as “fillers” or was put in by hand as “fillers” and afterwards noone bothered anymore to look at the team setup again and it was forgotten.

Remember when a possibly missing troop artwork for bounty event got the bounty event “switcharro’d” and postponed to the following weekend while scheduled next weekends vault event all of a sudden got moved forward by one week? and everything around 24h before it all happening?

But when the enemy team setup fails - noone bothers to correct it, noone bothers to comment on it, 20gems get put out globally, we’re going down from 50gems it seems, because ultimately too many fails will otherwise “ruin the economy”. :wink:

@Nimhain
thank you for sharing some infos. clarification about things and transparency is always appreciated.

6 Likes

thank you, admission and not a stupid excuse like a kangaroo kicked the go live button

4 Likes

If they “forgot” about legends reborn then they also “forgot” about the weekend bounty.

4 Likes

Bounty was super easy, I won’t be complaining :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

Bounty is always super easy, doesnt excuse releasing broken content.

What happens when game modes you find entertaining break? What do you say when GW breaks? Or the WE defaults to all Ogres? Or the pvp system is broken (which it already is)?

I get it, this one was awesome because im too lazy to do Bounty normally, something something too hard…its only a matter of time with this dev team, until something you enjoy doesnt work too

Guild Wars is a mistake by design already. 2nd worst game mode by far according to most people I’ve spoken to. Not many would complain if GWs would be cancelled or even removed from the game.

Other modes that really help players with their progress should be handled better though. Especially Legends Reborn, Vault Weekends or Epic Trials. Bounty wasn’t much different than before. Usually it’s always the same 3 troops and the current captain, no matter which enemy troops are running.

super easy, barely an inconvenience!

5 Likes

When a new troop comes out for any other reason theres usually some attempt to make an actual useful team with it. New Mythic, New Legendary, New Faction troop, etc.

When a new bounty troop comes out people just stick it on the bottom of the same team they always use because Bounty is boring and i also use my hero because im lazy and bounty is boring and its not pvp its boring and it takes too long…Like i said most people dont like Bounty so this bug is awesome. In reality Bounty is the second most rewarding event in the game. 2 Vault Keys, 4? Minor Orbs, 2 Major Orbs along with the diamonds and gems and keys that other reward tiers offer and the most common bounty teams are just lame attempts to get through it.

On the other hand i see people wishing the game was stuck when GW was weekly and the only event there was. People only play during GW week, they come in to chat looking to ‘merc’ for the week, people spend hours doing GW and take time off work for it. Live streams and team comps and testing and new metas left and right.

The players decide what events take priority but that doesnt mean its ok when the other game modes break and should be handled with just as much importance. Quality control loses its meaning when you make it ok to slack off on the quality in some areas but not others

7.0 we look forward to new issues :grinning:

6 Likes

You’d be surprised.

In my alliance we have several guilds filled with GWs enthusiasts. One guild is bracket 1. Mine is currently in 4 (or will be next week - we dropped from 3 which was our highest).

Some of the folks in my alliance spend a lot of time on GWs.

It has flaws but what doesn’t?

I fully understand people not liking it, though.

You’d be surprised. I’ve been in B1. And also every bracket below. Tbh there’s even 1 or 2 people in my friend list that like GWs. But there’s also 50 more that skip it every time and probably a 100 more that play it casually with not more than 1 hour for the whole week. Mostly less than 30 minutes.

I invest more time in a single pet run than GWs myself. And even more in Vault Weekends. But the most time I spend in Explore 9-12 and Legends Reborn. If I have time for them and they don’t get cancelled. Same with most of my mates …