Inconsistant moderators: Discuss

Why must you always have a bone to pick with the invertebrates?

8 Likes

You can’t trust those spineless bastards… :skull:

12 Likes

Damn that’s good.

1 Like

I’ve been here as an Xbox player for about three years, and until recently I’ve had only mostly positive experiences with the developers here. Support quality lately has been inconstant, and in my opinion disrespectful and unhelpful to high paying VIP customers.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this thread back on topic. Just a quick and general reminder that you are all entitled to your opinions about us (and each other) but to keep these civil and respectful.

6 Likes

The mods are good the problem is you. All you have done since you joined here is argue with other members and derail topics.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :smile:

If you want to attack me thats fine but please send me a private mail to do so. I would like to stay on topic here. Thanks.

I’m not attacking you I’m just stating facts. I’ve been here for over 2 years and never had a problem with the mods. Sometimes they do miss things cause they are a small team and can’t read everything that has been posted but if you report a post they will take care of it.

1 Like

Right.
But you also have to play a game to complain about it. Since you’re new, still here, and hopefully play the game, tell us a nice positive GoW story.

That would be off topic but if you start a topic for it, i will be glad to.

teeeeeeeeeechnically Australia (where GoW HQ is and where I assume they keep their mainframe servers) HAS no laws (such as USA Bill of Rights) explicitly stating that they have Freedom of Speech. One might further argue that due to the country having no laws as such, then of course any website/program would also have no protections of Freedom of Speech.

P.S. To any Aussies, please feel free to fact check me.

Ironic that the person calling to lock the thread is also calling others “keyboard warriors” lol. Now if we could please stay on topic that would be great. :smile:

Aussies don’t need to fact check you. Anyone with google can do it. You are correct with your facts though so you are all good!

Crap thread. Crap crap crap crap crap crap.

[spoiler]So, how do you feel with that, if someone is trying to help you and you receive this response? It didn’t even had to do with the word “crap” itself, its simply the ignorance and disrespect to the ones, who want to help.
There is and was always one golden rule: “respect others and earn respect”. That I have to quote something easy made me feel like I am talking to a child, because this should be common sense. Also the aspect to accept other opinions as you said already by yourself with freedom speech. If someone has another opinion, then it doesn’t mean he’s attacking you. The best you can do in such situations is the see the view of this one and you are probably able to understand him. Exactly the same counts for others in your view. But you always have to remember, that if you are going offensive against others and even start to insult (even with soft words), then nobody really want to discuss it out, because you’re stuck on your own opinion then.

This community here is really nice. I am not long here by myself, but I enjoyed it here since the first days. People are nice and helpful, so there is never a reason to attack someone. You also should remind, which high worth it has to stay in a direct contact with the devs here. It is absolutely rare, that you have games, where the devs are so good connected with its own community. Just compare it with other games. If you share feedback or a suggestion, then you are often not even sure, that this is read by the devs there. And this makes it here one of the best communities.

And yes, the dev team is really small for this high amount of players. Its not like their job is only to entertain the community here. Most times they’re busy working on their game, so we should be really happy, that they’re looking for us almost daily here. Also don’t forget, that’s also not a easy job to do. They have to keep the game running, probably tons of supporttickets per day and after some time you’re also stressed, like in every other job too. So if you had such a day and you’re looking here for your community, you want to help and then you get constructive answers like “crap crap crap”, then my whole respect to the devs who can keep staying calm there :wink:

It’s sad a bit, that such a thread have to exist here now. Just remember the roots of any conversation and respect others. Then you are respected too and you have a basis of a valued discussion.[/spoiler]

spoiler not working :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re digging your own grave, but apparently it’s not going fast enough for you. I’ve been on this forum since the day it was created, and I’ve never heard anyone yell, “Shovel, please!” quite so loudly.

You would be well advised to spend some time reading the community guidelines and making sure you’re following them.

And by the way, if a dev sends you a pm to say stop being a jerk, there’s no doubt you were being a jerk. Own it.

6 Likes

Inconstistency is a part of being human after all.

I’d totaly prefer human mods, that sometimes are inconsistent, other times are funny af, other times serious, and most of the times can be argued with, instead of some I, Robot-mod wielding a shiny banhammer.

And from my experience in the forums&the game, we have far more freedom of speech than 50% of the Earth’s nations do.

1 Like

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Lol

No I don’t. You took this guy as example for your arguments.

This implies that i care about my status here. What is going to happen? I could get banned? Ouch. That would be a crushing blow.

Read them. Several times actually. So now what? Please point out where i broke any. I’ll wait.

So it is common practice around here then? On someones first day to request some consistancy in rule enforcement would cause a developer or a mod to pm that person to tell them “don’t be a jerk”? I’m quite sure that if i were to call you a jerk my post would be flagged or deleted and yet there is a post in this very thread in which i am called a whole slew of names including “stupid” and “childish” and told to gtfo. No flags, no reprecussions. That is exactly the kind of inconsistancy i am talking about.

This thread is supposed to be about people’s experience with the mods here and as such your post is off topic. If you want to post on topic please feel free. As for now, i am flagging your off topic post.

1 Like