In Delves, leaving a delve then returning to it doesn't let you restart

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android 8.0, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When I start a Delve, then leave and later return to it, all the rooms seen void and unclickable, even if they are not completed. You can only end the Delve with whichever chest level you have at that moment.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
3-4 times in 2 weeks

Steps to make it happen again
Start a Delve, exit from the game, return to the game. Doesnā€™t happen everytime.

This is unusual, to say the leastā€”even you donā€™t see this every time. If you can figure out a common thread (other apps you use, time away from the game, or something else) it would very much help the devs to track down a rare problem.

Edit: I donā€™t know how much help a video of the issue would be, but that is another common request that Cyrup, Kafka, etc. make.

Never seen it. I had 2 unfinished delves started 10 days ago (during Primal Rift weekend), just finished them yesterday without problems. Progress was saved and I could do any battles I had left

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this happen twice since Delves started. Iā€™m not sure what causes it but it definitely happens. In my cases, not a lot of time passed. I finished a room normally, but then the Delve was blank.

Iā€™m suspicious itā€™s the ā€œwins count as lossesā€ bug?

2 Likes

Hi @Shion thank you for your report. :slight_smile:

Please clarify what you mean by ā€˜leaving" a Delve. Is this force closing/exitingā€™ the game? Or are you retreating from the battle first?

If you have a screenshot of this issue if itā€™s happening frequently that would help us better understand it.

hi, it happens when I win a game, then leave, Iā€™m definitely not retreating. Iā€™m sure itā€™s happened after leaving the app in the background not sure if it has happened with force closing but I donā€™t think so. It could probably be happening when the last thing I do before leaving the GoW app in the background is winning a Delve battle. If/when it happens again Iā€™ll try to recollect data and a screenshot. Oh and Cyrup, I may have pressed the flag button in your post by mistake on mobile, I obviously have nothing against your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are in a battle and Android system kills Gems of War process, it registers as a loss and then you get what you are seeing - lose all troops in the Delve and the delve is over.

Never switch to a different app when you are in a battle/finished a battle. Only from the map.

If you switch back to the Gems of War app and you see the splash screen/loading, this means Android killed the process and you have lost the battle.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve heard/understand, once the ā€˜Victoryā€™ sign flashes after a battle, youā€™re good, but maybe donā€™t push it too much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

What Megalex saidā€¦ similarly, if you quit during a battle it will register as a Delve Scroll used. Iā€™m more looking for a screenshot of what the Delve map looks like when you restart the battle to confirm if that is what is going on, but it sounds like it is.

Android can be funny with how it handles apps in the background, so youā€™ll want to ensure youā€™ve completely left the Victory screen and returned to the game. You can also ensure background App refresh is set to enabled in the Settings on your device.

Is this happening before the Victory screen where you are leaving?

It may be so. I definitely get the rewards screens, but Iā€™m not sure I always completely leave the Victory screen. Iā€™ll try to be careful and let you know if it happens nonetheless.

Cyrup
GoW Player Experience Manager :bird:

December 6

alt Megalex:
If you are in a battle and Android system kills Gems of War process, it registers as a loss and then you get what you are seeing - lose all troops in the Delve and the delve is over

What Megalex saidā€¦ similarly, if you quit during a battle it will register as a Delve Scroll used. Iā€™m more looking for a screenshot of what the Delve map looks like when you restart the battle to confirm if that is what is going on, but it sounds like it is.

Android can be funny with how it handles apps in the background, so youā€™ll want to ensure youā€™ve completely left the Victory screen and returned to the game. You can also ensure background App refresh is set to enabled in the Settings on your device.

Is this happening before the Victory screen where you are leaving?

1 Like