Improve Essencia's Spell

The week of Dragon’s Claw has reminded us how annoying it is that Essencia’s spell does literally nothing in most circumstances. We want Essencia in our Dragon teams for the 50% starting mana boost, but otherwise the troop slot is completely wasted. The spell should be modified so it does something useful when the team is full.

I suggest the following change to the spell:
Summon a Dragon Spirit and explode 10 Gems. If there was already a Dragon Spirit in my team, summon another Dragon Spirit.

This change would make the spell always useful for mana generation, even when no troops have died yet, which fits much better with the trait that speeds up the team. However, it tempers the summons aspect to keep the spell from being overpowered for the mana cost. It also retains the aspect of the spell being improved if there is already a Dragon Spirit in play. Basically, it would summon only one Dragon Spirit unless you already have one and there are two open slots. I think it would play much better this way.

20 Likes

With all of the new Dragon bosses and such added lately, here’s a friendly reminder that Essencia’s spell is still useless most of the time. It would be great if the explode 10 gems part of the spell happened every time, or even if it happened only when no open spots were available for the summons part that would be fine.

4 Likes

I clicked like on the OP a long time ago. Still needs a buff.

2 Likes

Bumping for chance of visibility. Personally I think exploding 10 Gems as a base effect might be a bit much? Yes, I know this is a base Legendary we’re talking about, and we already have plenty other troops with significant base effects plus a side order of summoning (e.g. Starflower) so I won’t defend my claim by much. Exploding 10 Gems can be either a little or a lot depending on the RNG of which gems and presence of any special gems (Bomb, Giant, etc) on the board. Maybe a base explosion of 4 gems, +4x per Dragon Spirit (already) on team?

Remember when Warhound got its buff? Yeah, that was a spell that previously did literally nothing if the first opponent was Entangled (or otherwise had an Attack score of zero).

2 Likes