Implement the cap limit on spawning troops!

Tired of Bandits, Spiders and all the other ruckus?
Even if some trait says that there’s 35% or 50% chance to spawn a specific troop, it feels like a 90+% guaranteed chance to spam the same units all over again whenever you deal +1 damage.

And don’t tell me to use Obsidius or other related stuff.

• Allied and Enemy troops should be both limited to 6 troops/reinforcements at most in total.
    When the maximum cap limit is reached, troops that grant reinforcements will no longer spawn them.
2 Likes

Deleted per request. Nothing to see here, all better now.

It’s just a suggestion, not a demand.
If you’re trying to imply that there is any additional meaning to it, you’re wrong.

I am entitled to my opinion and you to yours.

Rather than put a hard limit on the number, how about each spawn scales down the chance of the next one?

That way, rather than you knowing that the opposition won’t get another troop, you only know that the chance has dropped from 35% to 33% to 31% (or similar)?

3 Likes

Or better, a spawn should not spawn another spawn :hugs:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it would be nice if they could implement a fix like with the Harpies (a spawned Harpy doesn’t have its third trait, preventing repeat summons); perhaps giving the spawned Bandits a Delve-like extra trait that (somehow) prevents them from triggering Backup again? :man_shrugging:.

Rockwell’s suggestion is kind of neat, too.

Per someone else’s opinion in another thread on all of this (realistically, I think this thread ‘should’ have at least referenced them), I’m more agreeable to having Bandits limited, thematically, than Giant Spiders, given that the spiders feel more like a magical summon, whereas Backup is just an endless stream of bros – and who has that many bros?

If Orbweaver summons are still considered an issue, an alternate solution would feel more appropriate to me.

@Koromac – maybe just use Obsidius or other related stuff? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Since some troops are built specifically around this mechanic, that would probably upset quite a few people. There is of course a difference between actively summoning through spells or passively summoning through traits.
Rockwells suggestions of lowering the chance after a succesfull summon sounds appealing to me.

1 Like