I'm PVP rank 2 and I have 7 snots.... giants nowhere to be found

Title says it. I guess I’ve only killed 7 giants on my road to pvp 2 AND in my five GW fights today.

I can guarantee you I’ve killed more Famines than giants (probably more Kerbs than giants too.) This event is going to suck to complete…

1 Like

On PS4 everyone seems to be jumping on the event train, I think it’s better then the 1 troop defense, I have 4 rashkas for our event set.

3 Likes

Raksha take-up on PS4 this week has been amazing. I’m getting a 3x or 4x option on almost every invade. I only did about 15 battles yesterday, but easily got almost 30 points. If that keeps up, this should be an easy one to finish without resorting to a lot of explore, though I was planning to do all my exploring in Pridelands for the next couple weeks anyway, just to work on the Arcane Rage stones that I need.

1 Like

Yes, and believe it or not, you get some wins with them too

1 Like

I got all the way to 2000 PVP points and had only fought 2 or 3 giant battles so I switched to casual PVP today.

So far, I’ve fought 3 giant teams and I’ve spent 950 gold.

Yep, that’s right - 3 giant teams in 19 refreshes.

1 Like

I haven’t had it that bad. I’m 1400 PvP points and have found 70 giants. I will say that my defense team score is 7k and I am putting up a defense of 4 giants. That probably makes a huge difference.

How many points do you need to finish the event? These PVP-only events need to have a reasonably low target. I’m thankful for the weeks when explore is an option.

Only 150 snots for the giants week.

1 Like

It’s not a bad week points-wise. It’s only 150 max versus 250 last week.

That being said, the utter lack of giant teams, on top of the 5 GW matches against the same Psion / Famine team, pretty much has me not playing for the rest of the day due to frustration and boredom.

2 Likes

Blame it on most endgame players not jumping on the event bandwagon.

1 Like

On console ppl are way more helpfull,i’ll go full troll when we get the event

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s “most” considering I’m almost level 1200 and I have a 4-giant defense set.

That being said, matchmaking is the biggest part of my problem. 90% of my 2 and 3-trophy offers are against members of the same 8-10 guilds. Not coincidentally, those 8-10 guilds are also in bracket 1 and bracket 2 of Guild Wars, so I’m literally seeing the same handful of players over and over and over.

3 Likes

I haven’t had a problem i got my 150 yesterday

Good for you.

How?!? Did you play/refresh nonstop? What level and what defense do you have?

No i just set 4x desert troll as defense and i have almost 200 battles already

Bah I’ve already leveled and traited him.

Looks like x4 Honor (lv 1 no traits) will be my defense for a while, then

1 Like

How about the red Guild Wars troop, Ogryn? My Def team is about 8.7k and I’m about 30 snots away from completing the event

Blame it on the event bandwagon not being properly incentived. I have my giants out, but I can’t really blame others for not following suit when it means extra work on their part (especially with guild wars defenses reverting to your PvP defense every week). This is even more of a pain if you happened to have fully traited all your giants including the last one, as putting out a max score team means that a great majority of the time you’ll be matched with people that didn’t either didn’t bother putting up giants, either because they put up meta teams or because they put up a lower score giant team you won’t get matched with.

You do seem to get caught in a cycle playing in the level 1000+ range with a 9500+ defense. With a 9700+ score defense, more often than not my 2 and 3 trophy fights are both 9600+ points, with the 1 trophy rarely going below the 8ks and still very much likely to be a meta team. Like previous weeks, most the giant teams seem to be in the 5ks and 7ks score range, so if possible, you want your defense score to be there. Just simply having a couple troops on the team that aren’t fully traited is often a night and day difference in the average number of opponents you’ll be offered, but as I’ve said previously, I wish this kind of manipulation was made wholly unnecessary in the first place.

2 Likes