If you were a Sirrian, what would you advise your team to improve about Gems of War?

1300+, 5~ years soon, VIP level 6 but only because you asked nicely.

Pretty sure my thoughts on these subjects are well known, I try to make them so. I could write a post this long on each one of these, but in short form though:

Chaos Orbs are aggravating and the green and orange ones are useless to every late-game player.

Classes need to be readjusted drastically, we keep getting stuff like Corsair and Stormcaller where there’s one or two good talents or traits and the rest is so appalling that it’s impossible to use. I MADE A THING ABOUT THIS.

Deeds need to be in more places than PAID and RNG NONSENSE. They also need to do way more, particularly if they remain as stupidly annoyingly difficult to get as at present. (I feel like the AB is almost okay but the way Deeds have been shunted there is not.)

Factions/Delves need a stronger helping hand than Deeds for the lvl500 mirror matches. Obvious. Next.

QA Testing. Get some. We’re not paid enough (read: not paid at all) to do a proper job and even when we try to stuff gets through because we can’t test events before they happen.

Souls and Glory need more uses. Definitely. My amounts of each keep going up and I burn as much as I can manage without feeling stupid about it.

Soulforge needs more things. Wider range of otherwise-unattainable weapons, for instance. It also needs to not be in the “games” section, after all this time WTF is it there?

Treasure Maps … please for the love of god do something for these things.

Weapons need to have more than “create 6 gems per this type/kingdom” because that got boring years ago. Weapon “UPGRADES” also need to not suck and either add things to the weapons that don’t do anything or add things that have bad effects like giving away the board on what would be an extra turn.

OTHER: Treasure are not troops, they are currency, get them out of my collection and into my inventory.

OTHER: What’s the deal with poison? Seriously.

OTHER: Consistency of text / mechanics / etc. Things are being phrased really differently over the years. We keep getting new keywords that are entirely unnecessary and its confusing and annoying regardless of how good one’s memory is for such things. Let me at it. Take me a day or three but it’d be worth it.

OTHER: Another few/dozen things I could go into but are wishful thinking by comparison. Like slowing the flow of stupid never-seen-again event troops.

6 Likes