If we had 5 troops instead of 4, this break the game?

What are the pros and cons?

3 Likes

You’d have to rebalance EVERY Troop at the very least.

The amount of programming needed to fully implent this would be astronomical. They would be better off making a whole new game.

EDIT: I have to say though, this would be fun! So it’s not a BAD idea, just not REALISTIC.

4 Likes

I think it could work really well for a new mode. Seems perfect for a survival mode, or something else.

I think the most obvious problem is that the game is designed around an expectation of getting a certain amount of resources per minute or hour and having more troops would slow this rate down making it more grindy.

1 Like

AE troops would instantly gain in power, as would any spell that is boosted by the total of a teams health/armor etc

You could always have the fifth troop hiding in reserve, it doesn’t appear until one of the first four dies. Add a little mystery to the opponent’s lineup.

7 Likes

And while were at it mana ballz that move diagonally :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to have a deck with five troops, limited to only one repeated troop .

I have many times wanted to use 5 troops just for the soul purpose of making a team synergy that works only when 5 troops are together.

1 Like