I Would Walk 20,000 Miles Achievement

It’s still early, but sadly it seems that the counter starts from 0 again. PC folks can see their Miles travelled, or how much they still have to travel for the trophy achievement, and miles travelled in this new event don’t add up to the total amount previously earned. So right now we are waiting for confirmation if the total amount starts increasing once someone passes their old total number from previous event in this current event.

Another question is, do the scoring work properly?

I missed the previous journey events completely but am confused by the scoring. I just fought a 40 mile battle with mythic (3 x) pathfinder and received 90 miles instead of 120. This has happened a few times meaning I will need extra tiers to complete the achievement. Am I missing something or is the scoring messed up?

2 miles, if I recall correctly, get deducted from base score for each dead slot at the end of the battle and 1 mile for each turn (1 turn should count as both sides taking all their actions) above ten up to a grand total of 10 deducted miles.
If you got 90 instead of 120, you must’ve received maximum deduction.

I haven’t played yet, so I don’t vouch for all working correctly but they said, in one of the folloeing patch notes after last event, that scoring bugs had been fixed.

1 Like

Thanks. All troops were present at the end but I didn’t know about actions being the equivalent of combined turns (mine plus AI). So if AI has a loop spam I can lose 10 miles through no particular fault of my own. That doesn’t seem fair so I reckon I will forget about this achievement until I have a bigger gem stash. I will do tomorrow’s faction instead.

In this particular case, it should count like this - you take all your actions, AI takes all its actions, 1 turn has passed; and then repeat the same for next turn…

In the first event deduction was bugged to count your individual actions, instead of the way I described above.

According to the above, quad matches count as an additional turn lol. Anyway the troop options are so poor that getting the full mileage is unlikely once you get so far and in many cases you (meaning me) will lose all 10 deductible miles every time. This is a 1 off nightmare as far as I am concerned; no fun whatsoever and ive still got about 5k miles to go. Boss level is now almost 700 and voice of orpheus has just joined the party so its time to call it a night. Its not as if deathmarks were working anyway and AI self cleanse was already on turbo.

3 Likes

A “turn” is all action completed in your move and then your enemies move, before you take your move again. For the current Journey event: Extra Turns from Spells that grant an Extra Turn, or from making 4+ Gem matches count as an additional turn.

That bold part (for the current Journey event) is the scoring bug that’s supposed to be fixed now - and for me it looked like fixed -, leaving only first sentence as a turn definition.
But, yes, after certain point it’s impossible not to get miles deducted.

1 Like

I see (kind of). So we are assuming that the scoring is now fixed but zendesk hasn’t been updated to let us know for sure? Sounds about as clear as everything else lol. Past caring tbh, just over 1k to go and eager for the journey’s end. Never investing more than a couple of tiers in future reruns of this enjoyment vacuum even if the rewards are 10 imperial deeds. No fun, no participation. I feel sorry for the newer players who are perhaps missing out on this utopian nirvana. Your day will come…don’t say you weren’t warned.

2 Likes

This is beyond insane to require out of one event, and is such a blatant money grab it’s not even funny. Last time you had to get 2x T7 from the shop to make it to 20k, so I bought straight to that. As an endgame player, I’m already losing troops in battle at around 5k there is no way in hell I could hit 20k without going up another couple thousand gems dumped into the event, if I’m lucky. This just ridiculous, and frankly the greed is so blatant and overdone here that it’s straight up insulting to the playerbase.

4 Likes

The scoring in this event is atrocious.
If you’re aiming for the 20k achievement, you are spending most of your fights during the event on long tedious fights, that are impossible to clear in <10 turns, meaning you are getting a fixed penalty of -10 to the base score of each fight.
All those score modifiers are only being applied to the base score before the troop multiplier is added → Having that penalty doesn’t make any sense when you’re already looking at insane amount of fights required to do the achievement, never mind just how mind numbingly stupid amount of hours you need to spend on it.

I’m currently at 15534 miles, and have done 149 battles in it so far. In addition to the ridiculous time I’ve spent on this, I still haven’t hit my 2k guild seals weekly cap, because guilds seals earned does not take into account anything to do with fight lengths or levels of the fights in events.
So you are literally being punished in multiple ways for going far into a hard event :frowning:

4 Likes

I am at 24000 Miles. it is possible and i made the guild seals… so you are too slow?
but in reality it is totaly unneeded just did it for the lulz

I didn’t say it was impossible. Just that it was very time consuming & not enjoyable at all.

Good for you to be at 24k miles, I guess?
And thanks for trying to shit on my speed. That was totally necessary and very helpful.

3 Likes

The battles are extremely slow and on the first Journey it felt extremely painful, but something has changed a bit in me this time and I find some joy in the event. Maybe it’s the challenge of winning a battle or the knowledge that no one is running the journey much faster than me. Still 5k miles short from the 20k, so it seems to need another tier 7 buy from me… But yeah, it takes a lot of time…

Absurd scaling stats. Where the heck is the magic bonus?

2 of us hit 20k at same time in the guild…

Fancy a fight?

2 Likes

With the outages on Xbox, it seems that all the time & resources we invested are going to go to waste. I decided late to start this, and am very gem tight, needing pretty much every hour re-up possible to cover another tier 7 plus the time to put into this. I’m rocking out, 13k and only lost 2 battles using 1 sigil per battle. If the outages cost me this chance, and 505 answer is here’s 100 gems, I might very well be done.

1 Like

Yup all in one sitting I had the gems spent the last one just gone but my god the limits of it bored me to death even from the start, so i had no choice but to give it up as in the end i was more or less at 13k odd miles learning from this im waiting till a decent journey limit is there