I would like to thank the developers for ruining the game

No, go back to pre2017 without guild wars and all the retarded mythics no one uses.

2017 seems to be the year that the devs who made it great retired and went onto better things and were replaced by people who only know how to make the game less fun and less enjoyable.

I’d love to see the statistics of DAU over the year, I’m guessing its down.

Anyway, the reason we don’t want to keep the soulforge is that its completely insane to make it random. So you want a peasant troop because you need to complete them for mythic. You need 20 of them. Well, you have to craft over 20000 summoning stones because the summoning stones give you random troops like a chest opening does. They become expensive, grindy random chest openings. You probably do better just buying VIP chests. What a failure.

1 Like

Well not any more coz VIP payers got gimped on gaining gems… no longer an option mate.

1 Like

I agree with you 100% about looping. This just isn’t the same game anymore. If this is how GoW looks like on console from the start i do pity you,guys.
Devs,i do appreciate your effort with this update but ai is favored too much. Never before did i shake my head in disbelief how those gems drop.
This is not good,change it back,please

2 Likes

I think us console people are fed up with saying we told you so, it’s just no fun.

6 Likes

Go get em, I quit complaining because it’s useless.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what saying I-told-you-so accomplishes, anyway. I’m pretty sure that, in the weeks leading up to 3.1 at least, nobody was disputing the state of affairs on Console. It was pretty clear that you guys had a broken meta. Aside from schadenfreude, I don’t think there’s any real poetic justice to be had.

I am glad, though, of one thing: in the future, we will all celebrate and suffer together.
We finally have arrived at a point where Console and PC/Mobile are for all intents and purposes equal. Maybe it’ll result in Console players feeling less marginalized in the future.

12 Likes

Hopefully lyya. It was krudler who really got my back up. It is a ‘sit back and watch cascade fest’ all too often unfortunately.

2 Likes

lol. Console players need a hot key strictly for retreat. Nothing worse than being destroyed and having to fix the volume afterwards.

I was actually really glad y’all told us so. It gave me the ability to not be super angry when it hit.

I hope that when the patch hits for you it’s actually an improvement over what you’ve been going through. It’s been like watching some cruel hazing happening to the console group.

Oh well, growing pains. I’m hoping with Unity out they will be able to find a more fun balance. From what I see, the game is all about gem converters and spammer. It’s lost the chess aspect, and is more like spraying automatic weapons fire.

4 Likes

Well i think most of us console players are expecting the gem spawn nerf that you lot got previously.

So i feel it may get even worse. I guess we shall see on Tuesday :mask:

I get the sensitivity, but not owning a console myself, all I ever asked for over a 6 month + period was a single video so I could see what people were saying was happening. This I think is a fair and totally scientific approach. All I was asking was for a single video that aligned with the claims. Nobody stepped up and instead everybody made excuses (as if grabbing a cellphone and capping the screen is so hard). Then finally the video that ended up getting passed around as the so-called “smoking gun” only subverted the claims being made.

I want it to be abundantly clear that I never once said the claims were wrong, I only asked for proof and none was forthcoming. My aim has never been to call BS, for if I had a console I would merely investigate the claims myself. Again and again I get accused of being a PC guy that looks down my nose at console people - nothing could be further from the truth and I take no joy from anybody saying something is broken.This ongoing PC vs Console mentality is totally imagined; I have nothing against or for one or the other and I seek only the facts.

Now is a different ball game. I can’t really comment now because the PC version is the beta-testing grounds and every time I play it behaves slightly differently; and I really can’t stand this game atm because it has continued the gradual slide away from skill which began with the introduction of the Guild Guardians.

6 Likes

I’ve been cataloguing all these threads with feedback regarding the RNG and our team will continue to investigate it further.

10 Likes

Thanks @Saltypatra . I’ve been complaining a lot these past few days, but it’s only because I enjoy the game so much. The latest update has really sucked a lot of that enjoyment out of the game. And the taking away of gems from legendary tasks is a very bad move on the developers part. It really feels like you all are pushing the game towards a pay to win model, in which myself and I’m sure many others will not support, and will probably walk away from the game. It’s a shame. As far as the absolutely terrible ai Cascades is concerned, please do not dismiss these claims as recall bias. It is definitely not that.

5 Likes

We should just go back to the old Ai, Had alot more fun there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@GREEK-13 is is never our intention to try and push Gems of War to being a game that is pay to win. Our team is actively looking into the AI and RNG now. There might be a wait before any changes are implemented, but it’s just us trying to be as thorough as possible.

1 Like

Yeah. I really don’t understand why they felt the need to change it. It wasn’t broken before. And good defend teams needed to be countered with an offense that could tackle it. Now, it just feels like a roll of the dice. Maybe you win, maybe you don’t. Just depends on luck now. They’ve taken a lot of the skill out of the game. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Well, kinda stuck only using less then a handful of teams, before the patch I was actively using 15 slots.

Just don’t get it…

Great, we gotta wait super long again for changes to be implemented. I swear they torture us, if you converted this way, how can’t you fix it back?

1 Like

You are also looking into the Gems nerf and how it effects VIP paying players also right???

1 Like

I understand. I know it is not easy to do all the things you all are doing with the game. I just don’t see how anyone on the dev team could’ve been satisfied with the gameplay during testing leading up to release. Surely you all would’ve seen the same things that a lot of the players are complaining about. I hope you all will consider bringing gems back into the reward tables for legendary tasks as well. Thanks for listening to us. If history is any indication, I’m sure you all will try to bring it back around. I hope so anyway.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve really noticed any change to cascade function, so are people sore because skull bait isnt reliable anymore?

Mana surge on +4 match is obnoxious though.