I want to fly like Valvaren

Yeah but from this 40 sigils you can obtain other Valravens… Again and again.
With 100 sigils, you should do 166 battles with 20% of Valraven.
With 100 sigils, you should do 243 battles with 30% of Valraven.

And 100 stats seems a little bit low to loose on purpose. Maybe try with 200 stats and it will seem more interesting to loose on purpose :wink: .

2 Likes

We’re almost a quarter finished with the 10th portal as of right now. So I don’t think I’ll be able to wait that long. After the portal closes. It’s 100% waste of time and energy. As many of you know… My guild expects a certain amount of activity that the raids are really slowing down.

1 Like

there used to be a wrong math here, it’s gone now

Yeah, the main point of argument is actually when to start losing on purpose. It concluded that the most effective way to use sigils is to keep winning, but that not consider time efficient. At some point, just kill the boss and keep taking skulls to death, get more points in less amount of time.

Razzagor, I agree. When Zuul’Goth level goes higher than 300, it’s almost impossible to win the match after killing Boss. Having Valraven flying away sometimes help. Except you bring some powerful red/brown weapon that turn the whole match to Skull War…

1 Like

Not my place to question your guild duties/priorities, but the event is also a guild activity. I suggest that after this first experiment your guild get coordinated to make progress with reasonable investiment keeping in mind to not waste gems/sigils with the purchases once everyone agrees with the best plan of action. Saving a kingdom from a “Gothboi” God ain’t all fun and games. :wink:

1 Like

I feel like we have so far. We will still hit 40k in seals today. It’s just more of a criticism as to the lack of gold and trophies offered from the matches. I mean why not give one trophy per match and an adequate amount of gold?
My advancement in GoW was with the mindset to always get faster with my matches. Guild wars I don’t mind slowing down for cause each move dictates points. But the raids take an awful amount of time for what you get in the end. Idk.

1 Like

This is pretty reasonable and i believe they will just adjust things accordingly. In the apparent rush to meet the deadlines they probably forgot.

Yeah, i hope the next weapon is better, this one is just a glorified back-scratcher, which is probably useful for the pandas i think. On the other hand, next time i’ll beat the earlier bosses and minions with Fey Wand or Titania’s Fan for my own amusement! :rofl:

2 Likes

I think this whole Valraven things/Sigils efficiency is connected Tier purchase/Gems value as well.

The perfect plan to run Raid in the guild is to close all 10 portals on Saturday/Sunday by spending less gems on Tier, or less time to play raid overall.

For endgame players with gems to spare, they can buy more tiers and play by losing on purpose on higher level, so it’s more time efficient, because they have more sigils to spare.

For early/mid game players with limited sigils/gems, they can use their sigils efficiently by trying to win as much as possible, on the expense of more time investment.

Like this, all Guild can reach their goal at the same time by spending difference resources they have; gem/sigils/time/money.

1 Like

I know most went above Tier 3 in my guild. Next week I plan to remind them how expensive Sentinels are for GW. And remind them that X amount of Sentinels will still be a requirement. It’s pointless to close the portal before Sunday. I expect my guild to have it closed by tomorrow night at the latest.

1 Like

My score is only 50% more than yours, I’m Tier 4 Haven’t lost a battle 100% Boss kills, 1 Valraven flew off.

With your results at Tier 3 you should be able to score the ‘guild player’ minimum of 18k to unlock Portal 10. What’s the problem?

PS the Developers should give a few 5 Seals and 3 Trohies for a boss defeat.

There’s no problem with my score. There’s a problem with how the raids are operating.
Rather than complaining about everything. I chose to beef with Valraven first. Who should not fly away. Or at the very least. Make it so it has to wait a round to cast after being full. Similar to death mark.

Except Valravens already do have built in mechanisms to balance them. You’d have to be careless or quite unlucky to let an early Valraven fill, since it costs 10 mana of a single color. Board mods like Emperor Liang’s spell can take care of that quite easily. If it does fill, assuming it’d not on a 4 or 5 match, you have the next turn to kill or drain it, which can be done with the Soul of Xathenos any week. And when it does cast, in the worst case scenario, you still have a 70% chance of it staying.

Of course, there’s the ever-present bellyaching about “AI always gets 5match skydrops!” and “30% = 100% for the AI”, but these still reek of confirmation bias. In my opinion, the Valraven is one of the best parts about Raid mode- it’s an easy task to beat it quickly in early fights, but in later ones you can’t throw everything you have at it or else ZG will annihilate you. Your strategy concerning them has to evolve.

And missing one isn’t the end of the world, or a problem that needs to be fixed like you imply. There’s no point to a secondary challenge if it’s trivial in difficulty and has no impact. If everyone in a guild had 0 Valravens and 0 purchases, it is possible for them to close Portal 6. Want more than that? Work for it.

Or buy more sigils from the shop with gems, which I think everyone can agree is pretty dumb

2 Likes

If you use 100 sigils, you will get 40 others sigils.
If you use now the 40 new sigils, you will get 16 sigils…
Then 6… Then 2… Then 1…
So 165 battles, and not 140 as your wrote here:

2 Likes

Okay, after thinking a bit more. You’re right. I’m wrong to think about number between battle. If you have 100 sigils, you can fight all 100 battle, anything extra will be left after you done, so 40 more. And use that to get even more, as you said. So thanks! Fixed the original post.

1 Like

Same conclusion even though the formulas were inaccurate before?

Sorry, I post above reply before actually fix the original post. It take a while until now to finished. But yeah, my point still stand.

If you can win, it’s no point to lose on purpose. Point increased faster in long run if you keep winning, Valravens kinda slow it down if you win only in their fight. It’s more about sigils efficiently more than quantity.