I quite like the new harder game

Sorry, who is attacking whom?

As far as I can tell this is just about disagreement with a viewpoint. All I was saying was that people who post a minority viewpoint on a forum should not be surprised when they find themselves outnumbered in the subsequent discussion.

Why is everything always about personal attacks?

4 Likes

No wonder why the Devs could not handle to be around as much as they did before. These obese waves of negativity can kill everyones days. People can tell me that the Devs have no time anymore to be around, Im not buying it, the obvious reason why we never see them here anymore is because people is throwing shit at them all the damn time. No doubt!

1 Like

I am not making accusations here but your words were “throwing meat to the wolves”

Yes. Throwing meat to the wolves. Giving them nice, juicy opinions to lunge into and sate their appetites. If you read that as some sort of tacit permission to be uncivil to someone, I really don’t know what to say.

2 Likes

This thread muted.

If it isnt permission it is at the very least showing the willingness to overlook the subsequent attacks while saying “well what did you expect to happen”

And on what grounds was my post flagged?

@Saltypatra how is this not an abuse of the flag system. My post violated no guidelines and yet it was flagged.

This will be the last I say on the subject.

Personally I like reading opinions on both sides of any issue. I appreciate people sticking out their necks, taking stands, insert whatever metaphor you like – but then they need the thick skin to stand behind their statements, or back away if they’re overwhelmed by the response. Simply put, you shouldn’t start a topic as a minority opinion and then wonder why you’re getting outvoted.

Nobody ever should take things to a personal level, and if they do then moderators need to step in. Threats and personal accusations are anathema to productive discussion.

And for the record, I have not ever flagged your posts.

5 Likes

For the record i have never accused you of doing so

C’mon everyone! I have 4 more posts in this thread (not counting this one)

Why not flag them all?

I dunno if hard/easy is the right distinction? Im not sure what is, but fair/unfair feels equally appropriate, that isn’t perfect either. I recall a (halcyon) time when a poorly chosen match could/may/perhaps mean that you lose you fight. These days I often fight teams whereby giving them more than a couple of turns means that the match is over. If it happens to be a team that you’ve fought 1000+ times or more… well, I think anyone can appreciate how that might start to wear a little thin.

3 Likes

Btw… I find it both ironic and humorous that my post where i said “so much for not censoring ppl” got flagged lolololol

1 Like

I saw nothing wrong with your post either. It was a good post. And I dont say this because you are my brudda. But we can guess at least 3-4 of those that went ahead and flagged you. Of course its not allowed to call anyone out. Its the same as before…

1 Like

I’m with you. I see the game as not being “harder,” but rather more streaky, and the wild swings are more likely to smash you in the face than they used to.

These days I play almost entirely hard control teams. The “puzzle” is how to avoid letting the AI get a turn in. While this is fun in its own right, it’s sort of sad that, now more than ever, the other 350 troops are benched.

10 Likes

I would politely encourage you to remember your promise to the community. It was admirable, I would do well to make a public declaration of intent as well. It will be a hollow gesture if we could not hold you to it, nor if you could not hold yourself to those terms. Please forgive my forwardness - I am not being rude nor purposefully provocative - I just want to offer you a gentle reminder of your own stated goals.

3 Likes

Well, I did not intend to open the flood gates of negativity, hyperbole intended and tongue-in-cheek, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: with my initial counter argument.

There are certainly elements of the new AI that I DO appreciate, a smarter AI that elects to fill mana over a pointless skull IS an improvement and does provide a real challenge to the game, but the streaky luck/RNG element that seems to be unchecked since the Unity merger has got me… irritated? To say the least…

@lyya is correct, the only puzzle that exists for me atm is how to build a team that I can loop without relinquishing the board to the AI. I have that team and have for a while now. It is my Gard’s Avatar shutdown looper. It is the same team that had me about to quit several months ago because I am only plaing with 4 cards out of my collection. :cry:

3 Likes

Thank you @SpecialRX and no offense is taken. And likewise none intended when i ask where do you think i violated my promise today?

These days I play almost entirely hard control teams. The “puzzle” is how to avoid letting the AI get a turn in.

That’s it. Im on console and mobile, the only way I could reconcile the differences was with hard control. Normally one create, one transform… Ive adapted. I still dig it in many ways, and in some its an improvement. But I’m aware that its quite different from whenever I started playing.

2 Likes

Good stuff! Im not talking about violations. It was only supposed to be a little nudge to say ‘hey man, keep it good humoured’. On reflection, though, I realise that its not my place to mediate your behaviour, in any way. Its not my place, and I know I would resent it if the shoe were on the other foot. My apologies.

All the best.

I love the challenge in a game.
…
But how can I love a game where I never get a chance to play?
(Troll+Kraken / Goblins, I’m looking at you).

3 Likes