I lost an hour of my life to a single GW match today (video included!)

@Thevc i definitely see the humor :grinning:. If only feelings were facts … As the devs bend to that sort of behavior though I find myself less and less interested in investing in the game . They already got my money though so I’m not as important as all the new players coming into the game open wallets in hand . Meh its all good this isn’t the first game that this sorta thing happens in and it won’t be the last.

I’m not being dramatic. It is patently absurd for anyone to argue that they’ve never seen DE do literally the thing it is infamous for doing. You also can’t argue here that I “just don’t want to change up my strategy” because there literally IS no anti-DE strategy. No troops are immune to transform, so you can’t build an anti-transform team. When I argue for a nerf, I always bring up why building a counter team is not viable for that specific situation.

I would like to think that I actually have a reasonably good handle on when something needs a nerf though, considering that most of the things I have said needed a nerf have gotten a nerf. Note that while I did recently post about webspinner in the “Things that make you angry” thread, I also said in that thread that I wouldn’t expect a nerf just because it’s annoying and pointed out that there were a few counter plays available, I had also said back when Skeleton Key was new that I didn’t expect a nerf on that one to be needed either; it was good at what it did, but did have some counter plays.

You’re really just mischaracterizing me because you’re annoyed that I don’t agree with every word you say. I always do my best to explain my point of view in as much detail as possible. You’re free to say that you disagree with my opinion, but inserting malicious intent into my mouth for the sake of shutting me down is not appropriate behavior.

When the devs introduce certain troops/weapons I would imagine they have an inkling how potent/ineffective such introductions will be (or maybe they don’t) and the impact they will have on the game. True, there was no knowing who DE would convert or whether subsequent casts would hit the same or a different troop. Countering is thus awkward but most of us just accept the challenge for what it is and accept losses as they happen. Eye is certainly not the only blatantly disruptive troop. Bae-el is tough to counter even more so than most if not all team jumblers that unhinge team synergy. They still introduce “difficult” troops and we all have the option to use them or not in our PvP and wars defences. Flammifer yao can be impossible to counter, as can rope dart rabbit combos. A bit of randomness can balance things out and give 30 nil wars results a lesser frequency. I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is nerfing troops to the point where newer players take the biggest hit, such as is now the case for them with delve factions following the DE nerf. The game needs to hold onto new blood and encourage them to play, not ruin their enjoyment by making certain events impossible for them by pandering to the incessant whinges of the end game player who expects to win every battle. If the nerfing continues then devs will obviously introduce more and more mediocre troops to prevent the Kleenex brigade banging on their doors constantly as they do now. The game needs more variety, more viable troops/weapons and fewer dust collectors that never make it onto the team sheet. A spell that is immune to transform would have been a much better option than nerfing the transformer.

1 Like

If anything would chase new players away it would be a broken PVP meta filled to the brim with the same team because there is no way of countering it. There is a reason everyone and their mothers was using DE. It was straight up broken. Bae’el is not bad at all, compared to DE or Rope Dart, not sure why you want to grab at that comparison but sure, lets compare.

Bae’el: Does scatter damage, disrupts team order.

(Old) Dragons Eye: Destroys half the board, generates 2 mana directly for red allies, burns the front enemy, transforms a random troop into a baby dragon + Hero traits/talents

Rope Dart: Destroys armor, does direct targeted damage, disrupts team order, gains 2 atk, entangles the front enemy, gets a free turn + Hero traits/talents

In comparison to the weapons we are discussing, Bae’el would hardly make someone blink. Which is probably why we don’t see Bae’el teams running rampant in the meta. Heck, I’d argue that dust devil is a more disruptive troop than Bae’el because it has the empowered trait. Yet, dust devil isn’t overpowered either.

If you honestly think the game needs more variety, why would you want there to be singular cards that are so overpowered that they outright become the meta? That’s literally the exact opposite of what you should want. What we need is a balance where a wide variety of viable teams share space in the meta, not a situation where one single team fills out 90% of the pvp options.

I never said I wanted overpowered super troops, I said I accept what the devs decide to introduce and do my best to find a solution to counter it. I like a challenge. I agree that overuse of dragon eye in PvP was an issue, but that’s down to the players who decided to build their defences with it; which I personally chose not to do. And I would often avoid potentially long fights against such teams by picking one of the other 2 options. I really don’t think PvP will cause new player exodus; many will be more interested in getting to grips with other game modes and events where they get rewards. As far as dust devil is concerned, the counter is straightforward because you know how to rearrange your team for the empowered cast. You can’t do that with Bae-el which in my view makes countering a completely different proposition. Many B1 wars attack teams score big because of the excellent synergy and board control that the unaltered line up promotes. Bae-el can impact that more than most other shufflers I feel. Anyway it matters not. The players overloaded PvP with DE, and people didn’t have the wisdom to select an alternative fight and deny them a glory return match in the process. They then complained to the devs and a good weapon has been effectively sent to the scrap heap. Bad news for new players in tough events.

1 Like

Cause and effect, dude. DE wasn’t flooding the PVP meta before it was broken. The players didn’t make it become broken by overusing it, it was overused by players because it was overwhelmingly better than any other option you could pick for your defense team. Arguing that it’s the player’s fault for using a ridiculously overpowered weapon, and not the weapon’s fault for being ridiculously overpowered is completely backwards.

We also don’t really have a choice on our opponents in PVP. Sure, you can spend gems to shuffle the pvp options, but that’s a huge waste of gems. You only get one team for each difficulty tier, which means if you choose not to fight a certain team that is filling 90% of the pvp matches, you’re going to be stuck fighting boring 1 trophy matches most of the time for minimal rewards.

Ba’el is incredibly counter-able. For one thing, it doesn’t have the litany of traits and talents that the hero does, which makes it FAR easier to deal with. Without a 50% mana accelleration that the hero has, it’s going to take 2-3 turns to get filled up, barring incredible luck on the AI’s part. That gives you plenty of time to silence it with a spell, since it also isn’t stealthy, or immune to silence. It’s also only an epic troop, which means it’s stats aren’t all that great, so it wouldn’t be completely out of the question to snipe it with single target damage if you really wanted to.

The fact that you apparently think a troop as weak as Ba’el is comparable with DE and Rope Dart says a lot about how poorly you understand game balance. I’m going to call this conversation done, it’s become clear that either you don’t understand this topic well enough for meaningful dialogue to happen, or that you are making poor-faith arguments, at which point meaningful dialogue has already ended.

Rofl. Are you drunk. I compared Bae-el to your dust devil offering. No comparison to rope dart or eye whatsoever. So in order to clarify your point, simply tell me the order of troops A, B, C, D after 1: a dust devil cast and 2: a ba-el cast.

I thought we were discussing counters to team disruption but you are now trying to add mana cost, traits etc as if they affect the order of your troops following a cast.

I could carry on pointing out other presumptions and misconceptions you have fabricated from my post but there is absolutely no point. You are back on your orange box, being disrespectful and condescending because you need your argumentative confrontation fix and don’t actually take the time to process the contributions of others before attempting to shoot them down. So you would pick a potentially long DE fight for 3T rather than a “boring” 30 second fight for a trophy less :joy::joy:.
PVP for me is always boring unless I am building and testing teams eg to counter problematic defs (DE in your case) or to be faster in wars. You got your wish; your nemesis is no more. Enjoy the many rope darts that will replace it.

The fact that you struggled with it shows that the logic you apply to gameplay is as narrow minded as the logic you apply in forums. Go pester someone else. You’re tier 1.

You’re the one who brought Ba’el up in the first place before I ever mentioned dust devil. You can’t just pretend that context is erased because it’s convenient. Most of us here actually are old enough to have object permanence by now. My point is, arguing about Ba’el at all is a complete waste of time because it doesn’t come within the same zip code in power as the weapons the original topic was about.

Now I’m going to stop replying to you in this thread. It’s growing painfully clear that you are not arguing in good faith.