I have a suspicious feeling

Same happened to me, no extra turns with 4 or 5 matches and I agree, around 1 in 20.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe the 4-match bug or the increased sky skulls are related to the patch because I was already talking about them weeks ago.

Nobody believed me then (what else is new lol)

1 Like

Iā€™ve been of the opinion for a year (Justice League). That the base Mana Surge rate needs to be halved for BOTH the player and the AI. Now with the Doomskulls added to the game filling any troop is a so fast the old ā€œbalanceā€ mechanism of increased mana cost for greater ability power has been borderline nullified.

Just a thought: most of these people experiencing the first 4-match not registering are end game players. Some of you also said being a fast player, both in the game settings and in playing style.
Could it be that you are not waiting for all the startup traits to be handled by the game? Since unity it is possible to match gems before the enemy has all trait animations done.
Personally I did not have this extra turn problem yet.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a couple of 4- or 5-match failures well into the battle. I do think it has something to do with the animation speed (because Unity does funny things at the frame-to-frame level that lead to race conditions), but not necessarily with how the players play.

Oh Thank God I am not going crazy. I swore I was mistaken in seeing this going on. I have also seen AI take 2 to 3 3 Gem matches to cause a cascade effect too. So what we know is the AI IS REALLY CHEATINGā€¦ I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one who has seen this!

Iā€™m going to go so far as to suggest that the ā€œluck factorā€ algorithm was refined with 3.4. Doomskulls have really accentuated the issue and tie in a little too well with the algorithm.

The best analogy I can really come up with is that the game now behaves like a 80s-90s arcade cabinet, in which the game is designed to ramp up the difficulty the longer the game goes on to force the player to lose to avoid the game being beaten in 1 credit.

Luck factor is a function of the playerā€™s success in the game. The closer players (and as a result guilds in Raid/Invasion mode) get to earning the best rewards in a given event (the greater chaos orb, the guaranteed pet, etc), the more the game starts weighing ā€œluckā€ towards the AIā€™s favor to slow down and/or stop players from reaching those rewards.

Ironically, if a player plays bad enough and long enough over time, the game starts weighing ā€œluckā€ towards the playerā€™s favor (likely to assist casual players who simply cannot grasp the game mechanics).

All that reinforces my beliefs that there is a win/loss threshold the game is expecting, and the more one deviates from that threshold value, the more significantly the ā€œluck factorā€ starts influencing gameplay.

But, hey, we havenā€™t seen the full aggravation value of doomskulls yet. Just wait until all the doomskull/storm generators enter the game ā€œsoonā€. If it hasnā€™t already, all of these generators will absolutely mandatorily change the meta of the game, as doomskulls annihilate anything that isnā€™t a tank. Ohā€¦ would you look at thatā€¦ one of the new legendaries from the new kingdom just happens to be a tank that generates doomskulls and is designed for this specific purpose.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. It seems after a long win streak, seems about 25 for me, there will be a game that no matter what I do it feels Iā€™m predetermined to lose.

2 Likes