I have a slight glory problem

Yeah, I got it as well. Came to make a bug report about it but it looks like y’all already know and are working on it. Good job, devs! :smiley:

Many people would/could have exploited it without noticing… that’s gonna be hard to enforce or prove…

A global fix or roll-back is the only fair (if very frustrating) way to deal with it, surely.

I did it once to check the reports / see if I could identify the issue. Before that I had c. 90k Glory. I now have c. 8.5m. I have no problem being rolled back, obviously.

Off to work: suspect I shall pick up whatever resolution / fall-out there is tonight.

That could be really unfair I’m getting millions of glory just for playing PvP with my Dragon Soul team.

That’s not exploiting. Exploiting would be taking all this unearned glory and buying glory packs with it.

They’re working to fix it, so soon hopefully.

But I wouldn’t take my word for it. I don’t work for them :grinning: I’d wait for Nimhain or Sirrian to speak on what they consider an exploit. But that’s my guess. Earning it is the bug that they’re trying to fix.

1 Like

That’s fine then I haven’t used any of it.

OK. Collection view lets you actually see the numbers. Oh man its not pretty at all.

I have gotten glory from two PVP wins, one defense win, two defense losses, and one tribute collection. It just seems to spiral out of control.

Final point of interest - the number in the collection and the number in the world map’s resource display DO NOT MATCH, at all. Not that it matters much.

Officially leaving the game alone now.

4 Likes

I don’t even usually look at my totals overhead. 90% of the time I don’t look at the battle summary, either.

I did notice 65 glory from one battle, though, and did a double-take.
I figured it was a bug and they would fix it. I don’t see how playing the game in the usual way is an exploit. If they don’t want me to play it, they can shut the servers down.

Mind you, I never SPENT any Glory. THAT would be an exploit.

Eventually I glanced up there and saw my glory was at 0. Not 50 billion.
So spending it isn’t an issue for anyone, either.

EDIT: Oh, crap. All right, my collection view is (I think) 1.6_ x 10^43.
I stand corrected.

Probably best to call it a night here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they are only rolling back glory values, then technically buying any glory packs right now is an exploit. Whether or not you, say, were in the very much not hypothetical situation of where you legitimately had over 140k glory to begin with and were planning on buying 41 glory packs either way. I already bought a bunch of packs before I knew about this issue, and had I not checked forums, I probably would have bought the full 41. But I’m holding off for now.

I’m still unaffected… somehow. I did 16 battles, 3 PvP defense loss collects and at one tribute collect post-daily change over. Maybe using the event team was just a catalyst to trigger whatever is going on.

I know a global rollback is the nuclear option, but I really hope they aren’t considering anything less. It would make the “exploiters”, intentional or not, moot. The threat of punishment for being caught exploiting makes me a little concerned because it shouldn’t matter.

Sirrian said in chat just now that only 91 people were effected by the bug, so they’re rolling their glory totals back now.

Also:
Sirrian- “If we find someone got the bug and spent a bunch of the glory, we’ll roll back their account.”
“If you’re only spending glory you already had, then no issues.”

4 Likes

That’s good! I forget exactly how much I had before the bug but as long as it’s around 700ish then I’m good

It’s a rough day to be a 32-bit Integer.

7 Likes

I wonder if people who’s affected spent like 1 million of glory out of those gazzilion glory, would devs be able to notice it?

They have a list of the 91 people affected - so ya I think they would notice

Sirrian said they will because they have the list of the 91 people affected and their accounts.

So I would think. People are obviously already trying to test it though. :grinning:

I spent some. I dont have an issue with rollback either. It just was really pretty to look at

2 Likes

A few mythic troops have been found today.

Looks like my glory was reset :rage:

Oh a whole 10k, really? I had 109k yesterday…

Did you lose 100k glory?

Seems unlikely that only 91 out of the game’s 30,000+ players were hit by this, around the time of the daily reset?

Also: affected not effected… one of my biggest grammar pedant pet hates: see it at work all the time and generally incites violence…

3 Likes