I don't want to play your loot box anymore

Sure, they deliberately created an event that destroyed the entire economy of their game.

More keys to get just all gnomes (at this moment) than I will ever have in this game :crazy_face: . And I am playing almost since the start.

This is true of every nerf. Really they’re just fixed. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If one reads the forums well, one will see there are literally dozens of posts and threads attesting to exactly that.

Design oversights do not a “bug” in need of “fixing” make, especially not when user-feedback was repeatedly provided, accepted, and - basically - ignored as a non-issue. The gap as originally released and showcased on stream during multiple occasions was “as intended.” It was adjusted when the intention changed — when people proved they could do exactly as they claimed prior to release they’d be able to do, claims I will repeat were sanctioned by the devs giving the green light at the time.

Buffs and nerfs are adjustments that, as Snooj suggests, do fix, in a manner of speaking — they “fix” “broken” game balance: consider that when Divine Ishbaala was nerfed to 40% mana start it was not because her original 50% was broken in the sense it was non-functional or caused crashes, but rather because the devs considered the divine META too strong — OP-type “broken”. In hindsight, even if the nerf was okay then, it is bad now — the game would not break if divines had a 50% start. This is true for basically any nerf that has ever occurred in this game.

So … To suggest Paloozas weren’t made worse — nerfed — simply because it also “fixed” the economy-issue (that the devs suddenly had despite previous declarations to the contrary) is ridiculous.

And anyone who gaslights the community by calling or implying the original implementation of Paloozas was “bugged” is to be resisted.

Also EDIT to say I’m not sure why the forums are auto-“correcting” things post- draft now. What I see typed and what I see posted are different, grammatically and sometimes even in choice of words. Apologies, for any weirdness.

5 Likes

Disagree. Design bugs are still bugs regardless of how they’re introduced.

G-a-P as initially rolled out had a game-breaking design bug: it was infinitely loopable and the rewards for doing so were so high that a rational player should always choose to loop G-a-Ps rather than play any other modes. Oversight or no, it had to be fixed.

That said,

Yeah, that’s a problem. Ignoring that feedback – which ISTR someone said was also noted by beta testers – and pressing on to go to release anyway with loopable drop rates in place is a huge process failure. How did this happen?

(And to take a far more trivial example: the banner count, which was specifically noted as fixed in the 5.6 release notes but which was very obviously not only not fixed but even more broken: how did that happen? Process failure. Marked as fixed; not verified.)

4 Likes

If only there’s proper player playing in the stream videos of the devs! That would have showed the flaws in the GaP event in the stream itself. No proper player of this game would use a Gorgotha for fast explore during a gnome weekend event. The devs would have known the event to be broken (before fix when GaP loops were a thing) if they knew how to play the game.

1 Like

Which is why I said he was UNDER counting his Cedrics. @awryan has been around a bit longer than me. So the joke was how can he have gotten less Cedrics?

2 Likes

Spent over 300 and didn’t get one new gnome

oh wow… that sounds hurtful.

Sorry I have only been around a couple months in game and am new to the forum and sarcasm is hard to detect through typing when it is based on having to know the person in question.

1 Like

I call those design flaws.

A bug usually creeps in unnoticed while a design flaw is deliberately programed but then turns out to be faulty in approach/logic (for example the ignoring of feedback that it could loop / oversight of the possible results).

1 Like

I was at work during the beginning of the Gnome Event, so by the time I got home, looping GAP was already nerfed. I only ended the event with 94 vault keys and 6 epic vault keys.

I’ve used all of them and only got 1 of the new gnomes, Fredi Fretfiddler.

But I got 15 more Cedrics that I don’t need.

Got a few more each of the other gnomes, not enough to ascend any of them, so they are all still at the Rare ascension.

Got a lot of gold, souls, and minor traitstones, some gems and diamonds, about 100 keys or so, about 15 regular orbs of growth, 8 regular orbs of wisdom, a few orbs of clans, ZERO orbs of ascension, and then about 6 major orbs of wisdom/growth.

And 1 Heart of Rage.

1 Like