I conducted a scientific study on the state of current endgame meta

Be careful what you wish for. :wink: It will just come back to bite you, like, some time next week. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Albeit at a vastly reduced rateā€¦

Is there any benefit in having a spoiler section, that covers the work in progress troops, on your site?

It wonā€™t be much different, I guarantee it.

Iā€™d love a WIP section on Lyyaā€™s website personally.

I donā€™t do it specifically because the devs asked me not to do it when I first set up the site. Itā€™s one thing to drop some spoilers here and there, and another thing to have them readily available on the site.

The fact that win rate remains high against Manticore is not a reflection of Manticore being balanced, itā€™s a reflection of the AI being bad. A troop can both be OP, and you can still be able to win on offense (b/c the AI isnā€™t good).

By that logic, nothing should ever be buffed or nerfed b/c the player can win with basically any team (as demonstrated by Tacet with his ā€œworst teamā€ video).

I actually agree with you on both points.

1. The poor AI is the root cause of the problem.

2. Nothing should be buffed or nerfed right now because of #1.

1 Like

And the developers wonā€™t touch the AI because players are so used to winning 99% of the time, that if they lose a little more, theyā€™ll freak out

3 Likes

Nerfing? Not always, but at least changing it maybe. Playing a game is about fun, and while thatā€™s subjective for each individual perspective the biggest indice that Manticore is not being fun to play against are the complaints of how it recharges itā€™s own mana too fast to deny our mana/spells and traits. If we ā€œcanā€™t playā€ the spells we want, the troops that some of us had a lot of trouble to obtain and trait, then our fun is being denied all because of a troop that is much easier to obtain and use. (And Manticore does all that while increasing itā€™s own attack waiting for a luck skull drop.)
So, maybe you would agree that at some point if the battles are filled with Manticores on both sides, ofense and defense in order to get some better results, then there is something wrong with the troopā€¦

1 Like

The whole argument is ridiculously absurd anyway.

Balance, by definition:

Win ----> Balance <---- Loss

It makes absolutely zero sense to alter X troop or Y troop for the ENTIRE player base, the vast majority of whom arenā€™t even represented on these forums, because a FEW end-game players donā€™t want to be inconvenienced. And letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s precisely what this is about. It isnā€™t about balance at all, itā€™s about convenience.

1 Like

The constant complaints are from the same 5 or 6 people over and over and over again.

Thatā€™s hardly representative of the player base at large. In fact, itā€™s less than 1% of 1%.

1 Like

Are there literally no counters to the Manticore teams?

We need to fund a new scientific study into how to combat this warhorse. People complain about winning with the same generic teams but then will not change their troops to counter something??

The counters arenā€™t numerous. Basically you have to beat him to the punch, since heā€™s empowered. That still doesnā€™t mean heā€™s too strong, it just means the match takes longer.

Okie dokie. Donā€™t see the harm myself.

I will go check out Tacets vids to remind me of that incoming troop

Itā€™s really not in the devs best interest to let people plan too far ahead. It discourages impulse buying when new stuff comes out.

The info is already there if you need it. I will still access it but it will just take a little longer.

Sure, for people with the requisite know-how, itā€™s already there. By publishing in a more accessible form though, it makes it available to nearly everyone.

The troop in question:

KRUARG THE DREAD
Legendary Grosh-Nak Daemon-Monster
Abyssal Portal (16 Green/Red)
Deal [Magic + 1] damage to the last two enemies. If there are 13 or more Purple gems, summon a random Daemon.
(Daemon Bond, Regeneration, Voracious)
The maw the merrier.

Voracious: 5% chance to Devour on Skull damage.

3 Likes

Great! We need more bad guys!!!