I conducted a scientific study on the state of current endgame meta

Actually, we agree! That’s exactly what I was trying to say in my post above:

1. Increase mana cost hits him harder at low levels where he’s not a problem anyway
  2. Reducing the mana drain is something we’ve been testing here & quite like so far

What about for Manticore to make it single cast but give him some more serious buffs (like life/armor)? Would still serve its purpose but not slowing down games to a crawl. Or Mana drain + silence but still single cast.

Spirit fox flat drain is just too low. Losing 5 mana is basically nothing especially with banner buffs. And because it removes all yellows, it often hands a great board for gem matching.

I dont know if the defence is especially concerned with Manticore. It may be that they are against the constant nerfing that seems to be developing nowadays.

If there is someone useful in next months kingdom then that fresh troop will be the topic of discussion.

2 Likes

Yeah, and while it’s ok for the defendants to acuse us of not being able to handle the troop they would flip their “shih tzu” if we start saying that they don’t want their new overpowered toys nerfed… People are going lower and lower to try to silence these discussions no matter what… Suddenly it’s now a…

So what’s the issue? Why we can’t discuss something without being accused of ruining the game one post at time, or being labeled as a bad player, or a really small minority in a dirty attempt to invalidate our opinions?

Although I didnt get the impression people were trying to keep Manticore as he is for their own personal gain, some of the people above are on console and dont even have the troop, that may well be true for some.

Im pretty sure that quote from Mr.Talia was just his own way of saying the conversation has not been very constructive. Everyone has a different personality.

What I took from all the above was that there is a tendency for end gamers to start/agree with these topics. Instead of debating Manticore we should come up with ways to keep end game players motivated.

Have you any ideas @Ivar?

2 Likes

Yeah, and while he is on console, don’t have the troop, don’t felt the impact of all the changes done in order to allow the current state of the game i never used this as an excuse to disregard his opinion that i had in a certain steem… Until now…

Posting a meme because he didn’t wanted to keep discussing the matter was very constructive i guess. But this behavior only has a negative impact on him.

This one cames up when Maw was still devouring on skull damage, it was a possibility to avoid nerfing troops so people would have their favorites untouched, but not available every week. Having this model as a parallel event would be ideal since it wouldn’t affect the core game while offering an optional challenge.

There is no easy solution for the end-gamers lack of variety because everyone will pick the most reliable troops to use, but the thing is that when some troop is waaaaaayyyy ahead in the power curve it’s obviously a best pick.
Some traits for example are much more desirable than others, having two of them, Empowered and Impervious, just increases the value of Manticore, taking one or another out of it will generate mixed feedback but probably one general result: The troop wouldn’t be used as much as it is.

Reworking existing troops would be the way to go, it does have a positve impact on all level ranges, but that takes a lot of time because it’s like making a new kingdom and troops just using the current art, so it’s understandable that the developers can’t push for it as fast as we desire. Short steps to improve troops could be done by reworking just a few traits, i suggested increasing the immunities of some troop’s traits so Impervious would still be great, but some other traits would be valuable while leaving room for possible counters:

You still have tunnel vision on altering troops - im tired of playing goblins and knights at my level and im sure people at other levels have they’re own issues; it is inevitable really.

One more reasonable solution, that will help people at all stages of the game, is to increase rewards when a defence team is varied regularly.

The problem is that it would require more troops fully traited and leveled, some compositions would still be more used because they are better than others. If someone would exchange his Goblin Team for a Knight Team from time to time it wouldn’t help your case.
We have troops that sucks, damn some could be “Mayor of Sucktown” and it won’t change unless they are reworked.

Sounds like it gives you a better reason to trait them; something for you to do end game.

I left it open ended on purpose… make the extra rewards require people to use more than 2 different teams… to whatever is required. There are plenty of troops that are viable. I feel this is a great solution for everyone.

It’s kind of covered in my suggestion of “Weekly bans”, if Zaejin is banned this week no one would face Goblins this week in particular, so people would need to use something else. But to avoid that this “something else” is not mostly another very commom team, like Knights since you mentioned it, it would be possible if more troops are reworked to be more effetive/fun to use.

I’m not against some kind of reward for more diversity, i’m afraid that, at some extent, too much rewards hurts the game’s profit. And that applies for my own idea as well, another kind of event with similar rewards as PVP is “dangerous”… But that’s something else i’ve been thinking about in the pile of ideas i write down from time to time.

I dont see the issue. I havent even stated what rewards yet - a reasonable amount that makes it worth someones while, doesnt need to be extreme. It could even be arranged by having some increase for changing your team each day and some reduction for keeping the same.

It wont take much to get people to do it. Just look at the daily tasks on console…peanuts. If there was an extra task every day for using a unique team on defence (unused in the past 5 days) for 15 gems, 15k gold or 40 glory id do it every time.

The ins and outs can be discussed but as a general principle it will fix everyones problem by increasing variety immediately.

I highly doubt they’d want to write code to ban different troops every weekend. Sounds way too complicated and faulty. I think the route to take would be to give people a universal incentive to use different troops. Such as was mentioned like trait-stones dropping with a certain color troop use.

It’s not just THIS troop. It’s every new troop that comes out. In the last week, I’ve started seeing people complaining about ANARIEL. Yeah, Anariel is OP… :scream:

2 Likes

I think my solution is so simple, easy to implement and effective I should probably be given some form of knighthood. Or bananas.

1 Like

NOBODY on the “don’t nerf” side is trying to silence anybody.

This is precisely the type of thing that started the big fight earlier in the week. Any time somebody has the audacity to question whether or not a nerf is necessary, or God forbid that we should be looking at alternative solutions, a half dozen end-gamers show up to shout them down.

EVERYBODY has something to offer in this discussion.

2 Likes

We don’t have daily tasks in PC/Mobile, but we have a fast rate of progress with guild tasks in both plataforms, things just scalated quickly with the new PVP for us and as i said this is osmething i’ve been thinking about for a while.

The amount of gems would be equal to the 15 gems for 15 days deal, so i doubt it should be that much. As a suggestion i would drop it to 5 gems and add some bunch of souls, 300 maybe, that would be needed for new players to upgrade more troops in order to work on more teams.
I also feel like 20 of glory would be ok, it’s easier to get glory now with the current pvp system. If you feel like it’s worth to create a new thread and discuss your idea to nail down the details and numbers.

I never said my suggestion was the best one, there is plenty of room to brainstorm new ideas.

What the whaaaaaaat? Ò_ô[quote=“htismaqe, post:183, topic:11469, full:true”]
NOBODY on the “don’t nerf” side is trying to silence anybody.

This is precisely the type of thing that started the big fight earlier in the week. Any time somebody has the audacity to question whether or not a nerf is necessary, or God forbid that we should be looking at alternative solutions, a half dozen end-gamers show up to shout them down.

EVERYBODY has something to offer in this discussion.
[/quote]

I disagree in a lot of points, to not extend it too much here i’ll send you a Private message.

1 Like

Sure that works for me.

[quote=“Ivar, post:184, topic:11469”] We don’t have daily tasks in PC/Mobile, but we have a fast rate of progress with guild tasks in both platforms.

Roberts idea is truly amazing though!!
[/quote]

You will have tasks soon. And the guild tasks will not be quite as lucrative either… also soon ™.

I can start a thread later. I do really think it can be a great solution. Oh, and thanks for the compliment :innocent:

1 Like

Ok, i must admit that you got me and i chuckled with the edit. But if it was a little sarcastic because i said “worth” it’s more because i think the idea deserves a proper place to be discussed/improved, otherwise it “gets lost” here.

I actually would leave a detailed discussion up to the devs. If they like the basic idea they are much better suited to hammer out what they’re willing to reward for something.
But it can be very worthwhile to put the idea into its own thread, to see if more of the forum chimes in with “good idea” or not.

1 Like