I can't fight this META anymore!

Anybody else love the band Chicag-EO Speedwagon? :musical_note: :musical_keyboard: :musical_note: :guitar:

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a specific thread for the discussion about META.

How does a game like GoW fight the META trap?
CAN it fight the meta trap?
Any suggestions for the devs to help fight the Meta trap.

I’ll weigh in when I get this song out of my head…

I just can’t fight this META anymooooore!!!

That would be REO Speedwagon. Not Chicago. :slight_smile:

Ok… so… I have lived most of my like “knowing” that Chicago sang that song. You can look it on youtube as a Chicago song and find multiple hits… AND, I have recent memory from last summer road trip of it popping up on my Sirius XM as a Chicago song…

SO… did Chicago COVER IT at some point?

Or is this another BerenstEin/BerenstAin Bear situation?

Have some of us been living in Universe C and have slipped into Universe REO???

C-R-A-Z-Y!!! :fearful:

Much like Global Thermonuclear War, when it comes to the meta the only winning move is not to play. When I see yet another Bone Dragon - Courage team I just ignore them and do the 1 Trophy fight instead.

3 Likes

Yeah I tried Googling it using Chicago and it produces a ton of hits, all of which are in error.

1 Like

And I can totally see where the mixup would occur. That’s what happens when soft rock 70’s groups record god-awful power ballads. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

EDIT: OP has been changed to appease denizens of both parallel universes!

Awww maaaaaaaaaaaaan, now I’ve got that song stuck in my head. Time for my Pandora mix of metal. :notes:

3 Likes

At least it’s not “Cake by the Ocean”. I had that song stuck in my head for nearly two days. I had to resort to 80’s metal to purge that ****!

2 Likes