I am very disappointed with the result which is rude, unreasonable, unfair

I am a player. I have played this game for many years. I love this game. But I am very disappointed by what I have been facing recently. The game staff did not handle my support according to the facts. I am very disappointed with the result which is rude, unreasonable, unfair. And it violates human rights.

Fact:
I always play this game. (although I have been away for some time because of my health and my job. I always love this game.)

Two weeks ago, I had an accident that broke my fingers. It makes me couldnā€™t play games with this common hand. I still try to play GOW. I try to play it with the simulator. Because it can help me control better. Virtual keys let me play GOW with the other hand. It gave me a very good experience. Iā€™m very pleased. Iā€™m very grateful. Because I can continue to play GOW. I can continue to contribute to my friends and guild members. Then I tried my best to play GOW with my broken fingers.

But it didnā€™t take long. I received a hack prompt from the system. I submitted my support for this. I told the staff that I did not hack or modify the game. I just broke my fingers. In order to continue the game, I tried to play with the simulator. I used the virtual key for a short time because I was injured. During this period, I did not modify the game or use mouse macros. (my hand still canā€™t use the mouse properly.)

I think I can get the support, understanding and encouragement. But I got the wrong punishment. Such punishment is unfair, unjustifiable, rude. And it violates human rights. The staff unsealed my account after four days. They gave me a warning. They deleted some of my game data (it exceeded the score I gained using the simulator). I canā€™t believe the staff didnā€™t have any greetings. I canā€™t believe they deleted what I gained. It even affected my friends and the guild.

First, I would like to emphasize again that I have no idea or practice of modifying the game or using mouse macros.

Second, there is no clear indication in the game that virtual keys or mouse macros cannot be used. If it is a ā€œruleā€. Please make sure it is visible in the game. It is right to warn the people who do not know. It is wrong to punish the people who do not know.

Third, the staff did not show the humanistic care. Without knowing the truth of the matter, the staff made a punishment only by the systematic detection. They humiliated a man with broken fingers. They hurt the heart of a game loving player. I seriously doubt whether the staff love players. Whether they love the game. I seriously doubt whether the staff discriminate against people with broken fingers, injured or disabled. (my friends have been comforting and helping me. Members of the guild are also encouraging and supporting me. They have moved me very much.)

Support:
I hope the staff can conduct a thorough investigation. Please give me a fair and reasonable result. For the sake of my guild and me, please restore the real data. Please make a private apology to my guild members and me. Because the previous punishment hurt my friends, my guild and me. (I must do my duty and humanistic care.) I hope the staff will attach importance to every support. I hope the staff can treat each player gently (maybe this person is a person with a broken finger, a injured person, or a disabled person). I hope the staff can pay attention to the voice and help of every player.

I hope everyone can be healthy. I hope members of the community can support me.

From a game loving player with broken fingers

2 Likes

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you broke your fingers. That is very unfortunate. However, I believe GoW do not have a separate rule for people with broken fingers or players with disability. It is good that you raised your concern though, because their management might make one. Problem is it is not disable friendly at this time and the staff are just staff following the rule . So yes, in your case, it is unfair, but they canā€™t also do anything until it was discussed in the upper management.

I am very glad to see your reply. Maybe you are right. Without knowing the details and the facts, only following the rules will lead to errors.

发件äŗŗļ¼šļ½”ļ½„ļ½„ļ¾Ÿā˜…wow!ļ½”ļ½„ļ½„ļ¾Ÿā˜† of Anonymous Guardians via Gems of War | Forums notifications@gemsofwar.discoursemail.com
ꔶ件äŗŗļ¼šjjknjjkn@sina.com
äø»é¢˜ļ¼š[Gems of War | Forums] [Support] I am very disappointed with the result which is rude, unreasonable, unfair
ę—„ęœŸļ¼š2022幓08꜈31ę—„ 14ē‚¹05分

| Wow
August 31 |

• | - |

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you broke your fingers. That is very unfortunate. However, I believe GoW do not have a separate rule for people with broken fingers or players with disability. It is good that you raised your concern though, because their management might make one. Problem is it is not disable friendly at this time and the staff are just staff following the rule . So yes, in your case, it is unfair, but they canā€™t also do anything until it was discussed in the upper management.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the term of conditions. Itā€™s cheating regardless of whatever way you want to justify it. Start up a new account just like all the other folks who get banned from the game. If you do anything that results in a ban again then simply rinse and repeat. Harassing the devs wonā€™t unban your account.

2 Likes

I very much sympathise.

Unfortunately, Infinity+2 score about 1 out of 10 on Accessibility. Theyā€™ve never shown any inclination to change that. I can only hope that your post does actually prompt a rethink on the many aspects of accessibility relevant to the game.

(There are actually Game Accessibility Awards online, and clear descriptions of the various kinds of accessibility on their website.)

While I understand the need to ban robots from playing the game, I completely fail to see how not having hot-keys prevents robots from playing. Robot technology is now much smarter than that.

Iā€™ve repeatedly asked for the Back function associated with the Esc key to at least to be mapped to the mouse thumb button (same as in every web browser). Iā€™ve never had any response aside from silence.

@Jeto - You know that there is a huge difference between cheating by using a robot, and wanting an accessible and smooth play experience. Please stop throwing the baby out with the bath water.

@BESTFrank - The only legitimate suggestion I can make is to see if your mouse or controller software is able to do the same job, without macros. Alternatively, you may actually find it easier to play on a touch device.

Wait, this player admitted to cheating and was unbanned?

The devs truly donā€™t care about players cheating anymore. Ridiculous.

5 Likes

The problem with someone saying they need to use third-party tools to play the game because of a disability (or temporary one) is that ANYONE could claim that. Iā€™m sorry the game isnā€™t as accessible to you as it should be, but I donā€™t have a good solution.

6 Likes

Im not entirely sure, it sounds like he was unbanned, ā€œunsealed his account 4 days laterā€ yet the guild members are saying he isnt unbanned so confused lol.

I ran his invite code. Definitely active and unbanned in a guild.

2 Likes

Did I get my account backļ¼Ÿ The answer is YES.
Did I cheatļ¼Ÿ The answer is NO.
Can technology or system be improvedļ¼Ÿ I think the answer should be YES.
Can the player who is injured or physically handicapped play games more conveniently? I think the answer also should be YES.

Nice. We have drama series in GoW. Update me when you get time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What about the other player who was also banned for cheating with you, has he got his account back to? Did he also have broken fingers?

Easy bro.
You seem to think Iā€™m using my injury as an excuse. I didnā€™t cheat, and I didnā€™t want to. That was a misunderstanding.

Do you think the ā€œrulesā€ are always rightļ¼Ÿ Is it possible to facilitate players, especially the injured or disabled ones?

What you have to know is that Iā€™m not angry about the game data I lost. This is my own fault. I donā€™t want my friends and guild members are affected by this. And Iā€™m just trying to give some advice. I wanna help the people who might be like me. They may need the related functions. :grinning:

Player (maybe) has an injury. (provide pr00f or it diddunā€™d happened!!!1 ^^)
Player admits and justifies cheating in any way or form with this ā€œinjuryā€ and gets rightfully banned.
Player is outraged, everything is ā€œrude, unreasonable and unfairā€.
Player runs crying submitting multiple support tickets and actually gets quick ā€œresponsesā€ Iā€™m so glad typing works really well for you! :wink:
Player actually gets unbannedā€¦

Meanwhile my support ticket about a bug was lying around for over a year, then only got picked up by Kafka after publicly asking in this forum about the status and got abandoned again until now Jeto picked it up recently. Great priorization of support tickets. Even more epic that seemingly cheaters now get unbanned by telling ā€œGschichdn ausm Paulanergartenā€ (funny stories straight out of the beer garden).

Please understand that while you may really have an injury, this is neither the problem of other players nor a priority problem of the devs nor a carte blanche for you to do whatever you please. If someone canā€™t play due to bad internet or a car crash following a coma then it also is what it is. Recover your injury and start playing again then. Or play ā€œlessā€ throughout. Or learn to play left handed mouse. Or play on tablet/phone. Countless possibilities - but you clearly wanted to cheat. If you used macros or any other form that is not allowed by the terms of conditions and the system automatically detected it as cheating, then you did exactly what you claim as ā€œisnā€™t cheatingā€. Understand this and accept it - you cheated. Saying ā€œI diddunā€™dā€ countless times may convince yourself of no wrongdoing and youā€™ll sleep well, but it doesnā€™t get ā€œtrueā€ in any way and just seems pathetic if you try so hard.

The thing is, showing remorse can obviously be faked and lied about, but I would more likely stay open minded to someone actually admitting to what theyā€™ve wrongfully done then to someone just stating ā€œbut it was my right to do so, because of my problemsā€. This is such a squalid behaviour. I canā€™t understand this unban in any way or form.

What or when is it going to be next time ā€œout of convenienceā€?
If nothing ever cought you using your convenient little helper tools I doubt you wouldā€™ve ever stopped using them? Because ā€œconvenienceā€ and your mindset most likely would be ā€œI diddudnā€™d do nuthinā€™ wrong!!!1ā€ compared with ā€œotherwise I wouldā€™ve been caughtā€.

7 Likes

Hope youā€™re happy Infinity Plus 2. Not only have you cultivated a climate where cheating in the game is okay. But also cheaters feel entitled and bulletproof enough now to brag about on the forums because you wonā€™t do shit to stop them.

Please close this thread @Jeto . It makes me sick to read it.

5 Likes

I believe rules should always apply to everyone. Suppose someone has broken both hands, should they be allowed to run a bot until they recover? Suppose someone is found to be running a bot, should that automatically get ignored, because they could just claim to have broken both hands?

What I donā€™t quite understand is why IP2 insist on this particular rule. Connecting a controller is allowed, emulating a controller isnā€™t allowed. The flavors in between (like Steam Deck, programmable mouse/keyboard) are a gray zone that may or may not get you into trouble, depending on what the hardware does internally. It feels like this needs some kind of simplification, without containing unexpected traps players might reasonably trigger.

7 Likes

Incomplete understanding of the underlying issue and unwillingness to commit manhours to fixing it (proper anti-cheat).

1 Like

@BESTFrank It must have been a torture to write such a long post with broken fingers.

And one message to Infinity Plus 2: Well done! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

One thing Iā€™m really curious about is why BESTFrank didnā€™t just use the LITERAL Auto-Play feature built into the game. Sure itā€™s limited to specific game modes, but it does exactly what you need it to do.

2 Likes

You can speak your words too. Just saying. The mike is right there to your right but you want to bash someone you havenā€™t even met? Wow

100% disabled veteran and proud of it!!