I am tired of being Maw'ed

The only trouble with this is that it could potentially make Maw more annoying. If the team is full of attack buffs, a Maw with 40 attack is now very likely to Devour with one or two attacks. By snowball effect, his sequential attacks will just wipe your team; only this time not with a 15% chance, with nearly a guarantee.

I’ve said it before… I don’t skip any teams anymore. I haven’t since my first week of play. I opt for the 3rd (hardest) choice every time. RNG is a part of this game. Understanding the meta (AI propensities; i.e. skull, lead color/match 4+ priority, etc.) is another. That being said, you can do everything right and still lose. That is the nature of the beast. But why would you want an opponent that loses in every instance because they are too weak to compete against your team?

Maybe it’s just me, but the fun for me is having an enemy that has all the bells and whistiles and still beating that team because I have composed a versatile set-up that can destroy others’ defenses; not a squirrel team that I can steamroll over and over again.

Admittedly, I would like to see a bit more variety in defend teams, but that’s not to say that I don’t see some already. MAYBE 20% of the teams I face are Mabs, Goblins or Maws, although it is understandable as those have the highest win-rate and win-rate is part of the current PvP ladder structure. Aside from those, I do see a good amount of unique teams; some with even greater synergy than the “OP” builds (as defend teams).

I think that’s fine. As a trade-off, you could mitigate against the third trait by healing or Barrier. It eliminates random chance in favor of something deterministic. Bad drops might still cause you pain, but that’s true of, well, every other troop.

In my opinion, Devour is much too strong of an effect to leave to a perecentage chance. As others have mentioned before, it either is a low chance and fails to satisfy the attacker, or it is a high chance and completely destroys the defender.

Then again, it might make Maw too strong in the hands of a player. Sigh.

1 Like

You can’t go swimming and not get wet… Sigh, indeed.

well you could but it would not be called swimming per say

Yeah, so far the only alternatives I see are either reworking Devour or reworking the third trait. I feel like the devs painted themselves into a corner with this one.

You can’t eat your cake and keep it whole.

SHALL THIS SUFFICE!?

Yes, well from what I’ve heard (though I have not checked myself)…

Spoiler! :

People have peered into the files and discovered an ‘Immunity to Devour’ trait. Nevertheless, not sure if this is a cure-all, but suppose it could work.

If by “people” you mean me… :slight_smile:

It depends on what troop it’s attached to. If the troop is tanky enough then yes, it might very well be a counter.

Ah, okay. Wasn’t sure of who had and hadn’t snooped, so I didn’t wanna inadvertently ruin anyone’s experience. :stuck_out_tongue: I heard it through the grapevine, so wasn’t sure of its validity. But, yes, I suppose it would be a bit contingent on which troops get it. However, if it is covered under the ‘Impervious’ umbrella, Golem might be one hell of a tank.

Good timing – it is. :slight_smile: See this thread:

Well, then… Golem too OP! Needs nerf! grabs pitchfork

1 Like

Next time, I’ll be more careful what I wish for.

4 Likes