Hurricane Irma is Cat 5!

I didn’t see a thread on this.

Anybody in in the potential path of Hurricane Irma better be ready to take evasive action. A 185mph category 5 hurricane will ruin your day.

P.S. for some reason I can’t get the categorization slider to work.

5 Likes

BULLETIN
Hurricane Irma Advisory Number 28
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL112017
1100 PM AST Tue Sep 05 2017
…POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE IRMA GETTING VERY
CLOSE TO THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS…
SUMMARY OF 1100 PM AST…0300 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…17.4N 61.1W
ABOUT 50 MI…80 KM ENE OF ANTIGUA
ABOUT 50 MI…75 KM ESE OF BARBUDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…185 MPH…295 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 15 MPH…24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…916 MB…27.05 INCHES
……………………………………………………
If The storm strike Florida as a Category 5 hurricane, the result could be disastrous.:scream:

1 Like

Saw a graphic on the net yesterday - the storm system is almost the size of Texas. Not something you want to wait out.

1 Like

May God be with those from Florida and everyone in Irma’s path, as well as those recovering in Houston and the surrounding areas.

2 Likes

I second this! As hard as it may be to leave your homes getting the hell out of the way of this storm is a potentially life saving action!
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-irma-florida-georgia-south-carolina-north-carolina-forecast

Some good info for anyone in its path

Above all i hope anyone in florida Georgia or the carolinas stay safe and i will be hoping for the best from a devastating situation

3 Likes

Im in North Texas, avoided the Harvey damage but been following all the coverage closely. With South Texas taking so many resources, lets lift up prayers for our country as well that we have the resources to support our Florida victims in their time of need as well.

God Bless

3 Likes

Be safe everyone

1 Like

Yeah the pics and vids o have seen from Houston are heartbreaking and infuriating… I saw a pic of a gas station (Mobil) that had gas for $8+ a gallon and cases of water for $42!

That made me so mad i wanted to be sick!

I am not a religious man but i will pray to any deity for the safety of those effected by harvey or irma

My heart truly goes out to everyone

2 Likes

I have family in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. They’re planning to wait it out. I’m looking at how large the storm is getting and really hoping it downgrades significantly before it gets to them.

To everyone in the storm’s path: please stay safe.

1 Like

Please try to talk them out of this! This is way to dangerous…

If you cant convince them to evacuate i sincerely hope for their safety!

1 Like

I’m in southern NC. 2 hrs from Myrtle Beach. I’m gonna GTFO before ol Irma shows up. People around here are just getting back on their feet from last year. It’s gonna be horrible.

1 Like

I was thinkin bout you earlier brudda… Be safe and get outta there

I wish you the best

Real talk

1 Like

Hopefully models will come to better agreement about when Irma will make that turn to the north tomorrow. That really is the key to whether Miami gets nailed or heaves a sigh of relief. 18Z NAM model indicated an early turn while other models favored a later turn. I didn’t see as many models showing Irma going to the west side of Florida.

Hope everyone stays safe!

2 Likes

What I’m seeing today is not kind to Miami.