How many people would buy Path to Glory 2 if it were guaranteed to give you a NEW mythic?

All valid points.

Not preferring a system isn’t the same as not understanding it. And based on your essay, a crafting system would also not be in the developers best interest, and that’s also true. However, the devs have repeatedly shown that listening and responding to their players is how they normally operate. And the result is that many of us who wouldn’t spend on these types of games have spent heavily here, because of that developer attitude. So telling us to quit having the conversation we’ve been having successfully with the devs for a while now just because “it’s not the gacha way” is irrelevant. We like the GoW way, which is about more than just their business plan (although it definitely does and should include it). It’s a conversation, nothing more, so don’t be scared or offended by it.

3 Likes

Except they already sell specific Mythics for less than $50 since they bundle them with other items so your whole point is invalidated by the Devs themselves.

It feels like you’re on a tear today and really want to show the internets how right you are by picking fights with everyone.

2 Likes

It feels right to me to argue with you all when you want to beat the same dead horses to death.

At any rate, I’ll leave now. Clearly you won’t listen to reason and only want groupthink.

Because you’re the sole arbiter of what is, and is not, worthwhile discussion.

Should we begin deferring to you anytime we want to post anything? Just making sure we’re meeting your expectations.

2 Likes

It seems to be mostly @htismaqe he wants to fight with tho

2 Likes

I do fight with you all, but not today. :wink:

4 Likes

Oh, we always listen to reason. If you had expressed any, we would have listened.

Look, I’m already VIP 15, maybe the only one in the game. I’ve spent a ton of money here because I love this game and I want to support it in a way that matters. I promise you, if Path to Glory promised me one of the two mythics I am missing, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

And to @Gabbryrose, I literally have enough traitstones that I never need worry about traiting a troop. But my completionist OCD requires that I have all the troops. :wink:

6 Likes

I have a tendency to be stubborn and sometimes divisive. Of course, on the flip side, I haven’t been either directly to him. He just feels like being a contrarian for some reason.

1 Like

Stubborn and derisive are completely different than openly hostile and unable to see reason…

1 Like

Divisive, not derisive. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, he was that, too. :smile:

4 Likes

Hahahaha lol that was a autocorrect to the wrong word trying to repair my terrible spelling

Edit: im gonna leave it so the responses make sense

2 Likes

To be fair, his summation of how F2P games work was perfectly reasonable, even if his accusation of me not knowing how they work was not.

That being said, the whole thing is irrelevant because the devs are already considering it. The poll is to provide some data (despite the extremely small sample size and an imperfect poll) to the devs on what their ROI could potentially be.

One of these things is not like the other.

I have 4500 gems. I don’t value them at $300. I didn’t put in $300 worth of work, and can’t cash it in as $300. This game is super generous with premium currency (almost to a fault) and thus, through guild rewards, is not worth the stated value in the shop. You also make the assumption that the mythic is the only thing you get in a VIP chest (eventually) which is inherently false, so you’re already overstating the value of the mythic. But Path to Glory is 50 bucks. You can’t use gems for it. It’s actually 50 bucks. There’s no playing your way around it. You gotta pony up as much as a regular game at the store.

I’m fully aware of your point that RNG has its place in a F2P game. It’s microtransactions that keep those games afloat. Though usually through smaller 99 cent purchases, but I digress. In this particular case, the poll is asking a more specific question. Say 10 people buy 5 path to glory packages. $500 for the devs (in cash. they aren’t getting any money from me for VIP chests), now say they have a guaranteed mythic you don’t have, and now you have 200 people buying 1 path to glory. $10,000 for the devs. Weird, that sounds like profit to me. But that’s what a poll like this is looking for. Would it actually make sense? Or would even a guaranteed mythic not entice a player to drop $50 on a match-3 puzzle game?

The problem with these arguments like yours, is that you assume face value for gems. Which is honestly laughable. Gems are not worth their cost in this game. Not with how they are currently doled out.

11 Likes

Also there is no harm in discussing things which is the point of having a forum to begin with

1 Like

@Sththunder dropping business lessons!

1 Like

That’s a very good point.

Microtransactions generally run from .99 to 4.99. GoW having multiple bundles over $25 is different than a lot of F2P games.

I’m not sure the “normal rules” apply here.

1 Like

Honestly this poll is semi-misleading. If I was a new player I would be more likely to purchase this Path to Glory or other packs for the Mythic and other needed Traitstones.

However as a long-time player having almost every card fully traited, but only against the RNG of finding those few cards. I would rather see a way to target those cards.

I’m not sure how much I would pay for a specific card, however if I PAY for a card, then it gets NERFED, you can expect that I either wont spend another penny on the game, or I may just flat out quit. This isn’t because of the card itself being nerfed, its because what I spent my money on is no longer the product I wanted.

This would be like going into a Lamborghini dealership, purchasing the car of your dreams only to find out it was a Prius or worse.

This once happened with me, I purchased Orion in the $50 pack LONG ago, like 1.0.6 or 1.0.7, and then soon after they nerfed him to the point he was no longer usable. I have since then not spent a penny on the game. This kinda thing rubbed me the wrong way, although I do love the game and would possibly spend again, It would have to be on something that would NEVER change from what I WANTED to what I DIDN’T WANT.

3 Likes