How gems of war is still on the wrong road

Completely. Missed. Point.

3 Likes

Well I wish I could agree.

Well count yourself blessed then.

Because my PVP matches are still 60-70% Bone Dragon. The new event system hasn’t touched it. The only thing the event system has changed is that the other 30% aren’t all Khorvash and Mab. Some people have it in their hearts to be nice and actually use the event system for the benefit of everyone.

1 Like

Thanks for giving me a “tongue-seizure” as i’m used to spell the words/sentences i read… :wink:

Ahem, regarding the topic…
I honestly applaud your commitment to the game @wskill and your new effort in bringing the discussion to a more civil and well appreciated tone. I believe that so far you are getting much more valuable input than you got in your previous attempts. Just as i believed; “Everyone is capable of making contributions, but sometimes, a poor apresentation can only bring poor responses.”
While my approval is not needed to validate anyone’s selfworth i still must give credit where and when it’s due.

Removing the defensive battles all together is a big step i believe, and if by chance this step is on the wrong direction it would cause a lot of harm… I suggested before weekly bans:

And it has the same concept of a “weekly rotation” like we have now with the events, but the event system has a positive incentive in form of percentual buffs, but still not working very well in some cases…

Nerfing troops still leaves us with some Meta that still creates boredom, introducing new troops that are as strong as, or stronger than, the current Tier 1 troops will degenerates even more the Meta, if they aren’t so good they feel quite underwhelming and won’t see much gameplay…

So…
I believe the devs have their schedule quite full with the Guild’s War and if i would suggest their next step it should be positive rebalance/buff of more kingdoms and urging the EULA to allow some player’s suggestions to be used in the said positive rebalance/buffs of each kingdom. I believe this could rush the clock for more positive changes as well as renovating the player’s engagement with the game, the dev’s team and the forums as a whole. Some of those aspects are already great, but they can become even better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In regards to defense teams, I think it’s worth taking some note of the changes Console got a month or so ago, allowing for tweaking of gem priorities on defense. Now I’m not saying console PVP defense are in a better place (there seems to be more issues with the AI on console in general than PC), but if we were to take the PC AI, and add the gem priorities system to it, it could add an interesting layer of depth and player agency to defenses.

I think the removal of defense teams is unlikely to happen with Guild Wars coming, and the recent tweaks to gem priorities on console.

3 Likes

Jesus christ. We get it. Bone Dragon is annoying. He is getting nerfed in the upcoming update. You have been heard. You have won. STOP whining!

Is it this guy?

The irony in all of this is that 800 levels ago, I was the guy telling end-gamers that they were whining. I was the one saying Maw didn’t need nerfed. I was the one saying Khorvash didn’t need nerfed.

Turns out, I WAS WRONG. They were 100% right. And when you get to the end-game, you’ll get to find out the hard way, just like I did.

1 Like

The dev team has already said it will be nerfed in the next update. NO ONE is arguing with you. It’s like you’re beating the ground of where a dead horse used to be but disintegrated long ago b/c you beat it so much.

You’ve completely missed the point.

We were talking about whether the Event system had any effect on the defense meta. I’m not complaining about Bone Dragon, I’m simply pointing out that I’m still seeing it 70% of the time, despite having the new Event system.

None of my posts in this thread are about, or ever were about, Bone Dragon. They’re about the state of the game, and until they actually release 3.0, Bone Dragon just happens to be the current meta.

2 Likes

Your last half dozen posts have been about Bone Dragon. Bone Dragon being OP is a separate issue from the Events system. It’s possible for the Events system to be good but that to be obscured b/c of one really OP troop. In fact, it’s possible that the Events system is magnifying the broken-ness of Bone Dragon (b/c BD scales off Armor and Armor is boosted by the Events).

5 Likes

I see the game designed to be fun over strategic. Now if you are a pure strategic player you might not see it that way but from the looks of things I’ve seen it’s geared more toward children and senior citizens or those with low IQ’s.

There’s nothing hard about beating any meta deck vs the AI because the AI plays dumb and stupid every match no matter what level. The wins the AI gets are not from great strategic play but it’s shields and health and it’s high magic x2.

On an equal scale if you’re losing to the AI then you best go back to training school because it’s very east to beat.

Now, if they ever made this game a real player vs player game you’d see a lot more strategy. As it is now it’s just by the numbers.

Tacet even showed he could win matches at high levels with random cards that he’s draw with glory keys and play the first four cards he got. Worst cards in the game some and he still won.

If they ever improve the AI not to be a sucker for skulls and actually look to see what is the better play for damage. The game would change considerably. Also, it holds its cast sometimes even when it could win the match for some strange reason. That’s why I believe it is geared toward children and senior citizens and those with low IQ’s.

So, there’s nothing really broken or overpowered. The game is just built to play the way it does so most everyone wins and progresses. People like games they win.

1 Like

Under the category of “How to win friends and influence people”:

1 Like

One of those hit you on the head huh?

You’re not differentiating between the symptom and the cause. Tell you what, if it will make you feel better I will replace Bone Dragon with Courage in all my posts. Or Famine. Or Wraith. Or Khorvash, Queen Mab, and Justice.

The point still stands. The event system could have gone a long way to fixing things and it simply didn’t.

What’s wrong with being a senior citizen? :wink:

1 Like

Nothing, I’m just stating more children, senior citizens and the other thing will like the game more than a pure strategist. It’s really not built for the pure strategist. It seems to be built for those that just like to have fun winning.

So which one are you? Child, senior, or low IQ? I would put money on the last one.

4 Likes

What if I’m a low-IQ senior citizen that acts like a child?

8 Likes