How do you use your glory?

I just sit on glory and get new glory troops and event keys weekly… and… Unless legendary tasks have changed again, they haven’t been worth the gold since gems were removed. Even when considering all 30 guild members get the reward. I instructed my guild to spend that gold on gold keys because the rewards were better.

This is an interesting perspective - so 100k gold chests in total are seen as better than 30 legendary tasks for all team members, for example?

Put slightly differently, if you asked guild members if they would each rather have 3,333 gold chests or 30 legendary tasks, they would choose the former?

Wat… are you serious? That’s really awful advice man

6 Likes

I spend my glory to get 4 copies of the new troop to mythic. I spend the 1800 for the event keys. Depending on how much farming I do I spend even more to stock up on arcane trait stones.

Depending on what stage of the game you’re at I don’t think it’s a bad idea to dump gold into gold chests. 3 mil gold = 10,000 gold chests. From that you should average 100 gems 6k glory Approximately 300 of each minor trait stone and about 100 each of the major trait stones.

So if your goal is to farm specifically for glory, gems and trait stones I don’t think that’s a bad deal if you ask me. Especially if you can match your guilds weekly donation averages.

At what stage exactly does all that become more valuable than this?
20200423_125709
(Graphic courtesy of @Redi1)
Which costs 2.6 million gold and goes to 30 members.

Using gold on gold chests is the original gold trap. Years before delves became a thing.

My apologies for those who fell or fall for it. The devs got you bro.

3 Likes

Well I never said to only dump gold into gold chests, nor did I say base guild tasks are less valuable. Obviously you want to do your basic tasks.

My guild has donation mins of less than 1 mil. We complete all common tasks on Monday and a couple epic tasks through the week. My guild for example completes only 20-30 LT’s on our gold dump week. One week I donated nearly 10 mil while everyone else donated barely 2 mil. I’m not going to dump that kind of gold if no one else is going to do the same.

Maybe I’m wrong and I’m open to debate as I don’t like wasting resources anymore than the next person. My line of thinking is this. If you set out to grind souls do you not waste gold on doing that? There is an inherent give and take in everything you do in this game. By dedicating say two hours of my time farming souls when I could have been doing Ex12s making way more gold.

So if my goal is to farm glory gems and trait stones, how is it a bad thing that I farm ex12s and use that gold to boost my hourly gains in the resources I was set out to attain?

What you have is a guild issue. Not a resource issue.
All I’m trying to convey is their isn’t a good reason to use gold on chests instead of tasks.
It sounds like you have a good reason to find a different guild that fits your play style better.
Is their a guild that everyone donates exactly the same? Possibly,I just don’t know of one.
But surely guilds exist where the margin is a lot smaller between donors. Some folks like to hoard gold for weeks months or years and then dump their gold. When that happens it’ll cause a large gap. I would focus more on finding a guild where the players are generating just as much as gold as the other. To me… Any gold to anything but deeds and tasks is a waste for the most part. Including Delves…I do them because it’s just a game element. But if I wasn’t in a guild that did LT regularly. I wouldn’t waste gold on them. I’d donate my gold to tasks instead.

1 Like

I agree. I mean normally I would never advocate prioritizing gold chests over task donations, especially when LT’s are involved. I would MUCH rather give that 3 mil to LT’s if I know everyone in the guild did the same. That would be 90 LTs (not counting the what 46mil or so to get there). Maybe I’m just caught up on the other resources.

Anyway I didn’t mean to derail the thread topic so my apologies to the OP. Maybe I just have some resource gathering fundamentals that need addressed. Perhaps I can ask these quests in another thread or something as to not distract from the main purpose of this one.

1 Like

A long time ago, glory troops were the only reliable way to get arcanes. Now it just accumulates, 600k current;y.

After I got Mother of Darkness from a glory chest I buy 1 new troop for 300-400, 10 event keys and then spend the rest of glory on chests to get mythics and legendaries.

Same as most end gamers, I buy the glory troop to mythic and get the 10 event keys. Then hoard the rest for a rainy day. Been doing that for a while now, I’m sitting on 1.7m glory. Might be time to blow a bit of that now that I think about it …

But on what? Next mythic doesn’t look like it’s worth having two or more…

I’m thinking of just using glory keys and glory for the next mythic or 2. Then hoard gem keys and seals instead.

1 Like

It’s excellent advice. The rewards are better. You get gold, glory, and gems from gold keys. The value outweighs the value of 5 runic stones, a gem key, and an event key by far. If everyone isn’t contributing equally, the return is even worse the more you put in.

But, people spend gold on delve hoards now anyways. Also, I don’t think I know anyone that doesn’t have a hoard of 30K gold keys either…