How Do I Use Traitstones?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, I didn’t see any threads about it on console and have only posted here once before.

I don’t think I’m quite understanding how these work. I have far more than enough to unlock the first trait for numerous troops and a few for their second, yet I see no option under crafting/trait menu that actually unlocks the trait. Am I missing something simple? The only thing I could think of is traits can’t be unlocked on a troop until you have enough stones to unlock all 3?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi @Mcdoosh
I’m not familiar with the console version, but does yours look like this?

Almost, the green plus icon and upgrade button aren’t there on mine though, yet I have almost 3x what I need for the first trait unlock.

On the pc/mobile version each trait as to be unlocked individually, one at a time.

So it’s not what I thought, now I’m thoroughly confused. Maybe it’s a console bug. =/

Hey @Mcdoosh, I can help here as I’m on Console as well.

Our Upgrade button is smaller with just a prompt to press Square (PS)/X (Xbox).

You can only unlock the Traits one at a time, in order. So if the 3rd Trait is the only one you want, you need to unlock the first and second ones first.

I found the issue and it actually is what I thought but may still be a bug, there’s no option to upgrade for me unless I have enough stones to unlock all 3 traits. I just saw my Druid has the square prompt since I have enough to unlock all 3 traits for him but other troops where I only have enough for the first trait unlock, have no upgrade option.

Ok, now I actually get it and I’m a moron. I thought the 3 sets of stones on the right each corresponded to the trait they were next to. Now I see it’s what you need overall just to unlock 1. Thanks for the replies all.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad, there’s a lot to learn with the new content and that’s why the Forums exist, to ask questions.

4 Likes

If you have questions just look for the pc equivilent cause alot of people have had these questions when 1.8 cam out for pc/mobile