How do I add flavor text next to my name on this forum?

Hi all,

I see many people here have flavor text that shows up next to their forum name when they post comments and replies. I dug through the options and the FAQs here and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. If someone could enlighten me, I’d really appreciate it!

4 Likes

You need to be granted “Regular” status.

Once you’ve got that, you can ask @nimhain to set your title to whatever you like.

6 Likes

Oh, I see! Thank you.

Howdy @Lyya
You have to become a regular to have a title, oops, too late lol

4 Likes

I should have guessed! Maybe it’d be a good addition to the FAQ though, since it’s definitely not clear from any of the docs I read.

1 Like

Well it’s not super important to list considering it’s more a reward rather than a goal. Even more so because it’s a gift directly from a Dev and not an automatic process to be altered on a whim.

Should the day ever come that Nimhain leaves these forums, new titles for regulars will become obsolete, and those who got them while she was still around will be seen as legends.

Elder Gods bless you, @Nimhain.

2 Likes

It would be good if there were a link in the FAQ to how the Discourse system works. Pretty sure that includes the custom titles perk.

2 Likes

I think I win the award for strangest title. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not until you finally explain it!

2 Likes

Yeah, I completely forgot to do that. I’ll get around to it. It will take more than an hour to do. xD

4 Likes

Working on it too :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can confirm it’s sweet to have custom tile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And so as a regular at last The Hairy Dude is born :smiley:

6 Likes

Is there any way to monitor you progress to “regular member”?

Or should I just start spamming all over the place to see how quick I can get there? :wink: j/k :smiley:

1 Like

I just hit member this evening. Not sure what that means. Heh

I’m now the Crazy Underdog (well I was it always, but now it’s official).

2 Likes

You can go to your profile page and see your Summary, and here are the requirements for the regular member.

2 Likes

Thanks @Pixie. Apparently I’m still lacking in likes given. I guess I’m going on a “liking spree”. :smiley: :wink:

1 Like

Whee! Finally got my third trait! Thanks, @nimhain!

5 Likes

congrats lyya