How can we balance the alliances?

Would the other alliances care to have some cheese with that whine?

3 Likes

Maybe they’re not scaling yet or an alliance that wins with less players than Dark will get a lot of gold marks.

1 Like

Im pretty sure things will change in the next update. But till then I dont mind milking the gold marks as a dark order member. I will say one thing though, grinding a top three spot in your mini league seems pointless now there throwing gold marks around like confetti. 50 gold marks per victory I was expecting 5 - 10 GM each win due to dark order being overwhelmingly superior to other lesser alliances.
All aboard the gloat boat toot toot :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Have a good day.

I stalled joining an alliance last week because I was expecting them to change it. Then I remembered they don’t change stuff that’s not working with any degree of swiftness, if at all, and joined purple. I’m not capable of understanding the benefits of joining the others unless one doesn’t need gold marks anymore.

2 Likes

I haven’t joined, nor will I it’s just another BS mode the player base never asked for.

5 Likes

There are other things I’d like to see changed ( targeted dragon eggs and sentinels) 150 gold marks for about 5 minutes work will do nicely. Long live the dark order :joy:

8 Likes

Se lo scopo era regalare risorse bastava fare una alleanza unica. Se si crea un sistema a più alleanze, che siano due, cinque o dieci va introdotto un numero massimo di giocatori

This whole alliance crap is lame and a joke.

This is the best you guys could come up with??

Just scrap it and fire the person who came up with it.

BRING BACK GUILD WARS ALREADY

7 Likes

Firing whoever came up with it seems somewhat harsh, since unless they are the boss, in which case they won’t fire themselves, a lot of other people will have to have thought it was a good idea/not cared making them equally culpable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

EASY fix to balance the Alliances

Bonus attack stats don’t work, bonus defense stats is annoying and makes everything worse. Bonus stats are never going to work because everyone picks Dark Order incentivized by the rewards. So the simple logic is that you have to give rewards to incentivize the “losing” alliances.

This can be easily done by increasing the alliance leaderboard rewards by a lot. Also of course increase the reward bracket to top 100 instead of top 3. If players get rewards from the leaderboard top 100 comparable to the rewards for winning citadels, this has the following effects:

1. Players are encouraged to join and stay in smaller alliances, because fewer members means easier places on the leaderboard
  2. Players in smaller alliances are encouraged to participate more actively to get leaderboard rewards

… which are exactly what are needed to balance the alliances. Currently we have a vicious cycle: even if one stays in a losing alliance, there is no point to play citadel wars (unless one invests heavily enough to get top three) because they can’t win anyway; and with fewer active players, the balance becomes even more tipped.

This change should also be a big win for the devs:

1. It is the easiest to implement among the suggested
  2. It encourages more active participation, which is more likely to bring $$ income for them, rather than everyone just moving to Dark Order and play minimally to get easy rewards

This suggested change might even be good enough that the stupid stats bonuses can be done away with. The stats bonuses are stupid because they are basically a reward for losing. No, you shouldn’t be rewarding players for losing because players don’t get the dopamine surge from such. In contrast, boosted leaderboard rewards are strictly for winning; that’s what makes players excited and sells your game.

7 Likes

This is genuinely genius.

Alliance LB is pay to win unless that changes even if the rewards were higher / top 100 what’s my incentive to change if I don’t spend real money on Citadel Sigils?

5 Likes

I’m an outlier I suppose. I chose the gold alliance because of the stat boost. Makes my PVP quicker and less. I can 1-shot frenzy zones. I win my bracket any time I choose to for an easy 100 gold marks. Its actually fun. Sitting on 2,300 GM atm. End gamer. Don’t need anything.

2 Likes

Alliance LB top 3 is pay to win. Alliance LB top 100 for Dark Order is also pay to win.

I am in Enchanted Glove on Switch, the 2nd place alliance here. At this moment LB 80th place is 0 points. So top 100 here is not pay to win, but play to win. You play (any bit at all), you win.

1 Like

Why do we need to balance the alliances? This way, everyone has an opportunity for the additional gold marks. I see no problem here.

2 Likes

“Switch” is the operative keyword here. Not everyone is on that platform, so don’t extrapolate your empty leaderboard to everywhere else, please.
For comparison, I moved my casual account to last placed Alliance on PC/Mobile out of curiosity. To even be placed in top 100 without buying extra citadel sigils one needs 13-something, let’s round it up to 14, points per free battle (no losses allowed). How realistic is that? With advanced high level account like my main - pretty safe to say that it’s impossible (and I’m quite doubtful it’s possible at all), therefore Alliance leaderboard for me falls squarely under pay-to-win flag.

Which one (or multiple) of the following is true:

• you get placed weak brackets constantly (for example, mine has 160k for P3 this week, 100k for P3 last week…you get the picture);
  • you are lowish level account that sees 90 base points frequently (I don’t even recall last time I’ve seen that, 63 base VP is most that I recall lately);
  • you can dedicate 24/7 to playing PvP.

Other than that, congratulations on non-purple alliance working for you! It would never work for somebody like me, so I simply have no other option than going purple to get some gold marks.

2 Likes

None of the above. By brackets I’m talking Citadel not PVP. I’m an end gamer and I average an hour a day. I skip everything except guild events. I pay 1 gem to reshuffle choices in PVP til I get a 90 battle. Mostly frenzy zones and exp talismans makes it quite easy. This is only my experience. Everybody is free to play this game anyway they want.

You have a good point. So in order for my suggestion to be functional, they need to extend the reward bracket according to the particular platform’s population.

Let’s say there are 10000 active players, and we want to reward top 20%. That’s 2000 players in total, so we should reward the top 400 in each alliance. (This method would preserve my intent of rewarding small alliances.)

自我的 Galaxy 發送

-------- 原始訊息 --------
由: Dust_Angel via Gems of War | Forums notifications@gemsofwar.discoursemail.com
日期: 28/7/2024 17:06 (GMT+08:00)
收件人: tarot@zj-mahjong.info
主題: [Gems of War | Forums] [Feature Requests and Game feedback] How can we balance the alliances?

| Dust_Angel
July 28 |

• | - |

tarot:

I am in Enchanted Glove on Switch, the 2nd place alliance here. At this moment LB 80th place is 0 points. So top 100 here is not pay to win, but play to win. You play (any bit at all), you win.

“Switch” is the operative keyword here. Not everyone is on that platform, so don’t extrapolate your empty leaderboard to everywhere else, please.
For comparison, I moved my casual account to last placed Alliance on PC/Mobile out of curiosity. To even be placed in top 100 without buying extra citadel sigils one needs 13-something, let’s round it up to 14, points per free battle (no losses allowed). How realistic is that? With advanced high level account like my main - pretty safe to say that it’s impossible (and I’m quite doubtful it’s possible at all), therefore Alliance leaderboard for me falls squarely under pay-to-win flag.

13Z50P:

I win my bracket any time I choose to for an easy 100 gold marks.

Which one (or multiple) of the following is true:

• you get placed weak brackets constantly (for example, mine has 160k for P3 this week, 100k for P3 last week…you get the picture);
  • you are lowish level account that sees 90 base points frequently (I don’t even recall last time I’ve seen that, 63 base VP is most that I recall lately);
  • you can dedicate 24/7 to playing PvP.

Other than that, congratulations on non-purple alliance working for you! It would never work for somebody like me, so I simply have no other option than going purple to get some gold marks.

1 Like