How about a Guild Tithing feature?

I like the concept of the tithe system as long as it can be set to 0% for guilds that don’t want to use the feature.

The benefits also sound nice as long as the leader of the guild has the same bonus as the 2nd in commands. Setting the leader bonus to higher than any other member would cause even more people to try making their own guild, of which there are already way too many.

Love the idea, I’d love for more benefits to be implemented in the game, tithing sounds like a good start.

So set them all to the same amount. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, though instead I’d like the guild leader’s tax set to the same as whichever rank as the highest tithe. If, for example, the second in command percent was set to zero, with no members in it, and then every other tier was set higher it could still be abused.

So yeah, whichever rank pays the highest, the guild leader pays at least the same or higher.

I think tithing should be voluntary by the player, who can determine how much they want to tithe.

2 Likes

Before messnig with payment method, cold we do something about the tasks?

Starting with removing the rotation, so no forced spending on tokens just to have a gem or whatever wanted task? And make a set of sensible tasks, like getting different keys, stones, etc. Also maybe fix the reporting while at it so the roster shows the correct numbers for contribution, within minutes and not losing out contrib on the reset day…

1 Like

I wonder what bonuses a 100% tithe would earn an individual. xD

omg that would be great like a reward tier system for tithing certain amounts of gold.

I like the idea of being able to set auto tithing… something like a scale from 0% to 90%… just like assigning the tokens for masteries having it from rank 1 and 2 for the gold for the guild.

the soul awards are nice now that arena is broken on soul winnings. Its sad that i can put on warlord 2 (max souls of 120) fight 4 battles and get more souls. I know we are getting more keys but the souls are so expensive its unrealistic to say that my kids who just started playing will have lvl 15 troops by the time they reach my current level, let alone any level 19 guys.

The game needs some kind of taxes more than ever! Players stoped spending gold after last update.

The upside is everyone benefits if those collecting the taxes are wise with it so that it benefits the group. Otherwise it would be considered a tax that does not benefit anyone. If it is the latter then it might make people not want to play of even break up guilds. I vote for guild break-ups at the least cause over saturation. 3000 plus guilds is too many.

It’s pretty impossible for anything bad to happen with the taxes, as long as they are going to guild tasks.

Yes please.

1.0.8 turned guild leader into a part time job, and turned guild donations into a hot mess of game theory madness.

How about a double-sided sliding scale that results in players getting a % of gems/keys from a completed task?

Guild master sets a % of per battle profit a player must pledge to get all 10 gems from a completed task. Player gets to set their own % of per battle profit that goes to the guild. Divide player set % by guild set % and multiply the result by the number of gems/keys available from the task.

For example: Guild leader sets “full reward” slider to 50% of player’s profit. Player sets his personal slider to 25% of profits. 25/50 = .5. Player gets 5 gems from a completed task.

Both guild master and player retain some measure of control, and it nixes any incentive for freeloading.

If you want to make it really fun, let the guild have a vault into which all “unclaimed” rewards (the 5 gems the player went without in my hypothetical situation) get banked, and at the rank reset, distribute them to guild members by each player’s weekly trophies divided by the guild’s total trophies for the week. This would reward the players who might tithe a smaller % of their winnings but contribute way more trophies than others.

You’d probably have to only allow alterations to the sliders to take place at rank reset.

All incentives aligned, all rewards fairly allocated, less work for guild masters, and no real rebalancing of guild tasks necessary for the devs (beyond maybe scaling key tasks to 10 or 20 keys with an appropriate scale in task cost).

I would absolutely love to be able to judge someone’s value to the guild more concretely and objectively, and so much the better if trophies earned can be the metric.

This is a very interesting idea. Not sold on the scaling rewards however.

THAT SOUNDS OVERLY COMPLICATED. I disagree to some of your points as it would further discourage a player from joining. They would have to compete for rewards against other guild mates which would lead to a guild either falling apart or becoming overly powerful. Guild master sets it too high and guild mate sets it too low or guild mate sets his slider to 100% and freeloads on the backs of everyone else. This would also make playing the game even more grindy. You would have to also leave pvp every so often to check to see if a guild task has been filled as you were pvping. The unclaimed rewards would be incentive to pvp but too few would know were it sits and this would possible create a meta that encourages slider manipulation to gather rewards. You wait till you are only one on then move slider to 0 and pvpthen when you get off set it to 100% then when you log in you get a bunch of rewards for doing nothing or the equivalent of free loading.

It needs some serious polishing and QA testing, but the general idea appeals to me as both a lazy guild leader and former non-leading large donor.

And killerman3333, you obviously read very little of my post. It would obviously necessitate allowing slider changes only at rank reset time to avoid some of the more obvious ways one might be able to game the system.

at rank reset time i am aware but it would still be gameable if you set it to 100 and do nothing but login for a week which still gives you glory and gold and depending on glory amount also souls. Unless the tithing feature effects login gold gained from daily log in you can still game it. Also Your tithing system places more work on the guild leader With a one way slider for the player it adds little to no work on the guild leader. If the leader wants to specify certain tasks then they can. The guild leader and right hand should be able to see what everyone is tithing so as to determine if someone is not pulling their weight or if someone is an overachiever. Also the moment a new feature is released the complaints will roll in regardless of what we can possible think up here.

Not a guild leader but I like the idea as well. My only concern is it be fair for every one in the guild with the guild leader in control of the amount of the tithe. Different percentages for different members will just complicate the whole thing. Setting the tithe to 0% for a month can be an incentive for recruitment with the amount after the month the same for every member whatever their rank.

This is why I say it shouldn’t be a tool for books leaders, but a tool for guild mates to use to help themselves save easier.

Once the guild sets requirements, as long as those requirements are met, who cares?

As a guild leader I 100% support this idea. % should be the same in my opinion, since anything beyond set % can be donated so no reason for difference in %. Contribution in my guild has dropped slightly but nothing harsh, we went from 3-4 task a a day to 1-3. Keys and gems are rolling no one is complaining or leaving. The reason why % of earnings should be implemented is because there are always members who just don’t donate at all (a week donation of 7000 or less is nothing since that’s earned just from logging in, and many don’t even met that much). It would be more fair to those who pump in 50.000+ on a week basics. Everyone contributing to the guild, that should be the point of a guild so everyone grow together.

1 Like

I am wondering…
It seems fair that people who donate more receive more. But can’t we suppose that players who don’t contribute are busy levelling their kingdoms and troops, and so that they are the ones who need gems and keys the most?

1 Like

Those who are busy grinding to max their kingdoms are likely to not contribute to the guild and are there to gain resources as they work tword getting their kingdoms ready for when