Hound of Fate

Originally published at: Hound of Fate – Gems of War

New Invasion Troop: Old Man Oakroot

As we all know, nothing ruins a good defense like time and the elements. A few centuries, and some aggressive tree roots, can put a dent in even the most cunningly crafted construction. Now imagine those centuries could pass in a few minutes, and you’ve just imagined the destructive power of Old Man Oakroot. This treeman was given life over 1000 years ago by Queen Titania’s mother, Suna, and has since honed the art of breaking things, more as a hobby than an essential skill. Nevertheless, when the Fey mobilize for war, Old Man Oakroot is always there.

Old Man Oakroot will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Ultra Rare Troop: Cu Sith

The mortal folk say that when you hear the howl of a Cu Sith, someone is about to die. That superstition may legitimately have roots in the fact that a Cu Sith was about to eat someone. Fortunately, Cu Sith packs seldom travel north of the Bright Forest.

Cu Sith will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, will be in Event Chests this week, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Trickster's Shot

A favored weapon amongst Fey Hunters, the Trickster’s Shot will not only shatter their target’s defenses, but also infuse the hunter with power.

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

8 Likes

First time being first. Yay!

Old Man Oakroot is probably going to be the best Invasion Tower killer ever…

9 Likes

Looks like a fun weapon if it gets decent ingot perks.

4 Likes

Old Man Oakroot sounds pretty useful to me. I might not even have to use the mang this week. Not sure about the Cu Sith though.

3 Likes

I agree it might be useful outside of invasion

Raids with Faunessa and now Invasions with Old Man Oakroot keep this up and those modes might actually be enjoyable.

7 Likes

Yay another old weapon
Old oakroot looks awesome

Armor is really getting just destroyed…
Nice invasion troop and weapon.

The dog… come on guys, he could have used more love. In the current form he won’t be played like ever.
Even if the cost was 6 mana instead of 12 i would not play it.

Red don’t start again lol

9 Likes

Hey did you hear about oakroot’s kid? Apparently he’s not allowed in the bright forest. I don’t remember why, but I know it had something to do with treeson.

14 Likes

Don’t you know what happened to Oakroot’s son? He’s called Pinocchio now.

1 Like

I found the Raid less enjoyable with Faunessa. That was just silly and cheesy.

This new tower-killer is flatly twice as strong as any previous ones. Using it might be fun for the week, I suppose.

It just forever bugs me that devs long since abandoned any cross-referencing and rough equivalence of power levels. Near future will inevitably see a Common stronger than Legendaries were a year ago and a Mythic weaker than most Rares.

5 Likes

How, mechanically, would you go about doing this? Genuine question, and probably one that Wizards of the Coast has given extensive thought to (@Slypenslyde?).

2 Likes

Actually stopping to just look around at other troops, or do some basic ‘divide one number by another’ maths, would be a start.

A more detailed structured set of rules could be set up (X single damage costs X/2 mana, AoE costs X, true damage x1.5, 6 gem creation worth 3 mana, extra turn worth 4 mana, etc, and so on (I am making these up just thinking aloud))… and knowing that Rares need to land on around say 10-11 equivalent cost, Legendarues around 16-18 and so on… as a very simple starting framework, and then looking at the cross-over effects, and wider comparisons… The devs have proved in the past they are way smart enough to do stuff like this, and so it way better than I just made up. I assume it’s not a profitable use of time doing that any more.

2 Likes

I hate raids with a passion and usually never do over 1k boss damage so last week with battles taking a minute or 2 it was actually enjoyable for me and I ended up doing around 35k damage over 2 accounts. I did more than usual on Blackhawk week and that was torture for me.

1 Like

Ubastet in the Soulforge, yay!

1 Like

Happy birthday, Maxx. :tada::gift:

3 Likes

Old Man Oakroot is without the doubt, the best Siegebreaker ever, but I also want to appreciate the good puppy for a bit.

With the right team, Cu Sith can be impressively strong.

In this competitive team, Cu Sith got both 50% mana and +5 to all stats. All troops are also Fey/Beast, except Forest Guardian that is only Beast, so Cu Sith’s spell got 4×7 = 28 damage boost. So first cast is 39+28 = 67 damage for just 6 mana!

My pets are still not Mythic, so those stats could even go higher. His traits also help with surviving on top, with Agile for dodging skull, and Mana Shield to render Psion and Queen Mab useless.

You can also be a bit extreme like this team.

Every Aurai(s) add 13 more damage to spell, so the total is 47+(4×8) = 79 damage!

3 Likes

If we get more good Fey/Beasts with some Faerie Fire his damage can be even better.

1 Like