Honor system infos and rewards

If I have to go into Global to get honor, I’m only giving honor back to the players who have the filthiest mouths and tell the dirtiest jokes.

5 Likes

@Graeme would win that contest on PS4 global chat @Slypenslyde. Lol JK JK
:rofl: ILY @Graeme :heart_eyes:

This is completely unsubstantiated speculation at this point. I have yet to see tested proof of this and in my guild this doesn’t seem to fit how people are gaining honor levels.

Some of my members with the highest honor aren’t social butterflies in global and I’m pretty certain 90%+ of their honor has been received from within the guild. Unless they are getting a bunch of random honor from random people in PvP (which I admit is possible but doesn’t sound very probable) then honor from other guild members is counting just fine. Likely there’s a diminishing return on honor from the same person but it’s not as drastic as you guys are claiming from what I’m seeing. I’m sure there are algorithms to weight honor on what the relationship of the giver/receiver is, how many honor received in some unknown period of time from the same person, what category of honor is received and probably some other factors.

So how about instead of misinforming everyone and causing this type of reaction:

you come back with some substantiated proof of your claims.

1 Like

I’m not making any claims. I’m just responding off of information from this thread. @awryan and @Fleg are most certainly going to have better intel than I do. I’m not as plugged in as I once was.

I don’t seem to be progressing in the honor system much. However, since I tried quitting to work on my second novel and stopped running the most mythics list, I probably haven’t been a big candidate for getting these social points anyway. Although, I do have a good reputation in a number of guilds and a small fanbase from my first book, so I’m not a “nothing” either.

2 Likes

No worries - wasn’t saying you made any claims. You were simply an example of what happens when people read speculative mumbo jumbo and assume it’s the truth. And honestly @awryan wasn’t making any unsubstantiated claims either this time, unless they were up further.

To be clear I’m not saying the claims are incorrect, as I also have no proof. I’m simply saying what I’m seeing so far does not correlate to what was being claimed and those claims are raising ire & discontent needlessly.

How far up in honor are they?

We have at least 2 honorable, 2 respected III, 4 respected II and various other respected I. To be fair 1 of the honorable was in 2 different guilds within our family and the other came to us this week from another guild.

So clearly getting honor from a diverse number of sources matters. But it doesn’t (dis)prove intra-guild honor matters less than extra-guild or that multiple honor from the same source is negligible past the 1st. We still don’t know if there’s a “cool down” period between same-source honor or what the weight of each type of honor is (let alone any other variables).

Shouldn’t it raise red flags that your highest honored players are stuck in the beginning stages of the honor system when some people are already exemplary and revered?

Your 2 highest players had access to more people to give them honor.

If multiple honor from the same sources were weighted equally, shouldnt your guildmates be making more progress that they currently have?

1 Like

Our highest honor folks do a lot of PvP. By far “Unique” honor is definitely weighted higher than repeat honor from one player to another. Which ABSOLUTELY sucks as a GM if my honor is being directed to those who are the lowest level in “popularity” or those who do the most for the guild.

The system is flawed in that it encourages honor to multiple people instead of those who deserve it.
Who deserves honor? Whoever I franking think deserves it. As well as whoever you frankly think deserves it?
And in no way should my honor count less because I choose to honor the same person daily.
Sorry devs, I’ve given you too much money already. So to be fair. I can’t invest in GoW anymore until I spend money on other games first. Pretty stupid rationality huh? That’s exactly how the honor system seems to be operating.

And for those wanting a dev response… All they’re going to say is…
“We do not discuss how points are determined in the honor system. We don’t discuss GW points. We don’t discuss big foot sigthings. We don’t discuss who your real Daddy is. We now don’t discuss why we segregate players in PvP. We don’t discuss why old weapons can’t be put on sale for real money. Most importantly, we don’t discuss things we know we’re wrong about, but don’t have a solution for it yet.”
And before they get in a tissy… I’m not actually quoting any dev just now. But experience tells me I’m not that off based with what their reply would be.

5 Likes

No, it doesn’t raise any flags. Why should it? The system is 2 weeks old. There is no way the devs expected to have people that high already.

I never claimed honor from the same source was weighted equally and I don’t believe it is. I was refuting a claim that intra-guild honor is worth 0 and that same source honor is negligible/0 past the 1st one, which was stated with the certainty that they had figured this out. It still takes a min of 10 honor for respect I, 20 for respected II & 30 for respected III (though I guess that might not be accurate either with all the variables being weighted somehow). In 2 weeks for any of my introverted members to be level II or III tells me intra-guild honor is certainly not 0 or negligible, nor is same source honor. Something(s) else is in play.

Devs;

Once a player reaches Revered is it possible to “grey out” honor buttons so other players don’t waste their daily honor?

Thanks

11 Likes

I agree 100% with you @Bernice. Since reaching it I have been given honor that someone else could’ve used.
I’m thinking that more ranks will be added in the future as I don’t see a way to mythic the pet otherwise.
And it also begs the question; if this is indeed the case will we be given credit for the honor that we received after reaching Revered.

2 Likes

Forgive me for being cynical. But more and more I think the whole Honor System is crap.
Devs plan “we’re going to introduce a rating system that encourages a good community.”
What actually happens: We’re going to introduce a rating system that you will be reminded of hourly. We won’t tell you how it works and we’ll make weak justifications for not telling you. We will make the system the first option when trying to see a profile so that you can’t see what rank that person is initially without digging further. If you end up wasting that honor on someone already maxed out. We’re okay with that. Because we know we need to give rewards out to get people to use the system. But we don’t want you to be actually Rewarded. We did this already with players like Ryan. We used to give out gems before there was 1k things to spend gems on. Players like him would be given gems for reporting bugs or issues. You know, free labor. Well, after we gas lighted him into that pattern. We took the gems away from reports. Now you just get a thanks… Once in a while. The same tactic is very much used with honor system. They want you to use the system in hopes that the game will be a friendlier environment. They will show a carrot exists. But will hide away the path to the carrot. The more who chase after it. The better. Oh and if you already received your carrot. You’ll still be allowed to receive and give… But don’t be greedy… You already got a carrot so you’re welcome. :roll_eyes:

For those who just want advice and not the rant.

Best way to “earn” honor is to trade it with random players every day. Don’t repeat the honor to the same person, it will count as less. Set up a pyramid type network with multiple players if necessary.
Because unfortunately, the best strategy to get the pet that you want. Is literally the least ethical option. But based on the system that the devs implemented
…“it’s the right way to do it”.

6 Likes

I knew it was bumpkiss the moment @Kafka said “the plan” is working.

I will continue to give and receive for no other reason than it amuses me. Which is the only plan i have for gow.

Also, maybe the devs should incorporate a Facebook -style “promote post” for gems feature where others can give you more honor bc you’ll be seen more. Let the spoogefest commence /sarcasm

2 Likes

Because it can’t be worse than the begging for honor ho system we are currently engaged in.

1 Like

I don’t want to call out anyone here.
But player X came into global today saying “hey who wants to trade honor?”
I said I’ll take it but I have none to give.
He replied “that’s not how it works”
I replied, “that’s actually exactly how it’s SUPPOSED to work.” Lol

2 Likes

You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.

But really, it’s like Skittles flaking across a pan or a concentrated thank you for something. The idea is sound.

Rewards and secrecy are harder to stomach. We just wanted fun, no strings attached.

Also, i thought the other bits of 4.3 were petty sweet. No hard new systems. #Chat.is.Life
And the poop hammer. It’s :poop: meets Gallagher :hammer:

Fun!

1 Like

Because you’re in 4.
Go back to 1 or 2.
Then we’ll see if that leaves a bitter taste when you do PvP.

I’m in 4 for my own reasons, tyvm. But you are right, I haven’t pvp’ed since 4.3 in the top. [The lower points, slower, less reward for higher guild members] Seems bassakwards to me, too.

1 Like