Holiday troop is emberclaw is bugged

i just noticed that the holiday troop Emberclaw is bugged and doesn’t create a elemental star every turn!

Was there any purple to make the conversion possible?

The trait is “convert a purple gem” into elemental star. Not “create elemental star every turn”.
Not even Kalika has that blessing (only 50%chance to creation).

Yup I checked
and there were 4 purple gems on the board at the start of the turn and I had 3 copies of Emberclaw on the team and they spawned only 2 elemental stars!

Since I had multiple copies of Emberclaw could the trait convert the same purple gem?

2 Likes

Emberclaw’s final trait of converting a purple gem at the start of his turn seems to be able to override itself, as I checked up on this. Multiple elemental stars can target the same purple gem on the board, which is unfortunate. It’s the same outdated mechanic of heroic gems overriding their same color.

The game has a lot of effects and stuff going on, and it might be too difficult to make his elemental stars target different purple gems on the board, if they are available. We would then be able to understand that if there was a situation where there was only 1 purple gem on the board, we would only get 1 elemental star with multiple copies of Emberclaw on our team.

1 Like

I have seen Taks do the same thing way more often than you would think possible.

1 Like