Hoard mythic battles and trading mythics

Being as hard as it is to even trigger a hoard mythic battle the rewards need to be improved, had 3 different battles since yesterday (hoard mythic)and the medals were for crap and its always that way, should be able to trade off extra mythics for diamonds or a mythic you don’t have 10 of already.

1 Like

What level of Explore runs were you doing? Apparently the higher rarity medal tokens only drop from higher level Explores.

2 Likes

E12 always

Yeah, it’s always medals of gaard, or yasmine/orpheus max, like as if anyone does explore 12 to get them - lmao. I wonder if anyone’s ever got Nysha or anu from them.

I totally agree with trading mythics. They are unbelievably hard to get, and when you get useless ones or the same ones you already have, it’s extremely annoying. The souls you get from getting rid of extra copies are also incredibly bad.

1 Like

I have 26 Nyshas. You probably don’t explore enough.

1 Like

I get Anu tokens at least a few times a week, Nyshas at least weekly. I’ve gotten enough Nysha tokens over time to craft 10+ medals.

Guys - I meant from hoard mimics specifically, not in general. Whenever I get the hoard mimic, it’s one of the low tier medals.

1 Like

Not seeing Nysha or Anu tokens from a Hoard Mimic battle is just bad luck; they’re low-odds drops to begin with and not seeing them over the handful of examples you’re likely to have personally experienced is not an outrageously impossible thing. And if you’re doing Explore at a low (base) level of difficulty, the odds that you’ll see the tokens you’re looking for out of a Hoard Mimic battle are even less, if not completely zero – the game almost certainly pulls from the odds table of whatever difficulty of Explore you’re running at the time and not the difficulty of the Hoard Mimic battle.

As for the notion of trading in duplicate mythics for something like an unowned mythic or premium currency? That would be completely counter to the paradigm of gacha games. It’s also why there’s a Soulforge system with which to craft mythics (and legendaries), as to give you a method to target the specific troop you seek every so often so long as you can meet the “asking price”.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting possibility, but are you tracking your data?

1 Like

No, lmao, I’m way too disorganized for that, but I can say the following:
I rarely do Explore on anything below 12, and while I have found a number of Hoard Mimics while using GaPs (which I do in 1), the others were hence in Explore 12, not counting any I found before I could do 12’s, and they’ve never spat out Nysha or Anu. I’ve got 3 Nysha in total.
I don’t grind Explore for hours on a daily basis.
I’ve only been playing 6 months.

1 Like

At the point im at i totally do e12s and im happy with any Gaard/Yasmine tokens, doubly so for hoard mimic multipliers. You do need to medal troops for power levels so even lower tier medals become important for endgamers.

I have gotten a x2 Nysha drop and a x5 Nysha drop but never a 15x Nysha(3 tokens @ x5):drooling_face:

3 Likes

I did not know you need to medal troops for kingdom power. I’m probably years away from that - lol. I do try to medal my favoured troops, but at the stage I’m at, the amount of souls required restricts it massively anyway.

1 Like

Let’s do the math:

• Average number of boss chests required to find a Nysha token in E12 is 20.
  • 3 Nysha medals = 27 Nysha tokens = 540 boss chests.
  • Average number of boss chests required to find a Hoard Mimic battle is 100.
  • You’ve had roughly 540 boss chests / 100 = 5.4 Hoard Mimic battles in E12.

Not finding a Nysha token (or even an Anu token) in your Hoard Mimic chests is absolutely expected. You’d need another 14.6 Hoard Mimic chests (about another three times as many as you already collected) to reach the average, any Nysha before that would be lucky.

Note that Nysha tokens can’t drop below E9, and have a huge drop penalty below E12. If you are running GaP in E1, your chance to get a Nysha from a Hoard Mimic chest is zero, even though the game throws a tough battle at you.

3 Likes

Oh wow, I never would have figured that out, or even thought of trying. Cool. I also thought Nysha only drop from E12.

1 Like

It’s not worth looking for them in E9 - E11. In E9 the base chance is only a fourth of E12, you also get less tokens from the chest, so the effective chance is around 1 in 100 boss chests.

2 Likes

Just for the sake of argument, I sifted through my token chart (started on May 27, 2022) and broke down 75 Hoard Mimic chests with a total of 191 token places (34 chests with 2 tokens; 41 chests with 3 tokens).

So, Nysha tokens do exists in Hoard Mimic chests but, unsuprisingly, are a rare occurrence.

2 Likes