Hit the Jackpot on PvP?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

I don’t know if this is a bug or just the RNG having a brainfart, but when I completed a PvP battle, the list of rewards appeared slightly oddly, first the white lines at the top and bottom appeared, then there was a delay before the rewards graphics filled in.

So I decided to scroll to see if anything interesting had appeared, and then I scrolled some more and then some more and then…!!

(There were also two gems on the extreme right hand end, but I wasn’t going to do another screenshot for them)

What are the steps to make it happen again?

No idea!

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

2 Likes

That’s amazing

Stand by to have all those troops taken away from you as well as troops not caused by a bug. :wink: JK
Last I heard, it’s a visual bug, you didn’t actually get all those troops and TS. But it’s awesome if you did!

Seems that you opened some gold chests, it bugged, and you didn’t get the rewards immediately, so the game decided to put it in the nearest reward screen, that is, PvP reward screen.

Happened to me with VIP keys once.

4 Likes

Rewards display buffer issue. This is a display issue only - basically, you were given rewards for something, and then the game puts these in a buffer to display to the player. When it doesn’t clear properly or something randomly ends up there for whatever reason, it displays them next time you hit a rewards screen, at which point the rewards buffer is usually correctly cleared. You can force this to happen at any time by going into a key screen, opening any number of keys, and while it is animating pressing the “back” button to exit the menu. Then, going to another reward screen (for example, open another key) and you’ll be shown both the previous rewards and the ones you just got. This stacks indefinitely, but does not persist across closing the game. What you actually obtained is tracked by the server and you are granted the items immediately when the server receives the request to open the keys (you can see this in action by watching your gold count go up immediately when you open a large batch of gold keys, even if you exit the reward screen without rewards getting displayed).

You can, for example, get shown as receiving an ultra-rare troop from what is clearly the gold key rewards screen.

There are other instances other than this that can cause the reward buffer hiccup (I’ve seen it with the invasion shop rewards), but none I’ve been able to repeat so easily.

7 Likes

I can’t recall if I openend Chests immediately before, IIRC i was playing several games of PvP and I don’t think this was the first one, if so it’s odd that it was delayed.

Also I never bother watching the animation on chests, I always just skip through.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.