Hippolyta's "Pathfinder" trait does NOTHING in this week's event

Observed on: Switch (screenshots were taken)

This week is (probably) the first Journey event where we can build a team with 2 unique Pathfinders simultaneously. According to the official release notes:

I know this text gets recycled with every Journey event, but here’s the problem: only the Pathfinder trait for the newly Featured Troop actually does anything AT ALL. The notes do NOT say that this bonus only applies to Zebrataur, and not Hippolyta too.

Example:

• For the current Journey event, build a team with Hippolyta (and NOT Zebrataur). Make sure they have all Traits unlocked.
  • Pick any convenient battle (in my case - one displaying 40 Miles) and win it.
  • Upon completing the battle, you are awarded only the standard # miles – Hippolyta’s trait did NOT activate.
  • (Invite code for server logs - STRATELIER-9XFY (Switch). At time of posting I have participated in only one Journey battle, so check my team composition against the rewards given)

This is … not just bad design, but nonsensical.

(And to think Journey was already regarded as the worst event type even without this.)

How it SHOULD operate (which would likely require a client update, and probably also some rebalancing of the rewards schedule):

• If the “Pathfinder” trait is standard, then it MUST activate for ANY troop that has it unlocked (even if limited to once per team).
  • For an added incentive to obtain/use the featured Troop during their event, they can be given an additional bonus in the same vein as the featured Bountyhunter troop gets an additional bonus.
2 Likes

Because of it specifically stating “my journey event”, you’ll get a response (if at all) of ‘not a bug’ as the card does what it says.

You can argue design choices, but technically nothing is wrong - the troop is supposed to work for one event only.

4 Likes