Hero class change

I’ve noticed a glitch today:

I selected a hero class just before the weekly reset (within 1h before reset) and saw the message that I had to wait 24h for a free change or pay 50 gems.
With the weekly reset this was reset and I can now change the hero class for free again.

I have no screenshots from before and after for you to look at though.
I’m on PC/mobile
It’s the first time I’ve noticed it

Note: If you are absolutely uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template. Do not abuse this offer to message developers if you are otherwise comfortable posting your thread publicly. (Please remove this paragraph when submitting your report)

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Platform, device version and operating system
e.g. Android, Samsung Galaxy S8, Nougat

Screenshot or image
If you are on a console simply take a photo using another device. A video is preferred. Try uploading to YouTube Privately.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doinga particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Do you know how to make this happen? Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

I’ve always been suspicious it doesn’t mean “actually 24h” but instead means “until rollover”. In other, similar things like the possibility of tribute notifications, the devs have noted “making a timer” is one of the hardest problems in computer science.

There were a couple times during GW that I had to change my hero class two days in a row and the free change wasn’t available until 24 hours on the dot after the last change, which was around 8:15 am PST (long after daily reset). So I expect that part still works.

Maybe as part of the weekly reset, they reset the class change timer as well, in addition to when it would normally reset. A bonus free timer reset reset, if you will. That sure would be nice of them :slight_smile:

It could just be a random bug considering Soulforge is screwed up today.

Hello! The Hero classes change over every 24 hours, which is not based around daily server reset, but your own 24 hours from when you’ve changed the class.

However, due to some files that the development team were ensuring were in place before 3.5 launched, we had some issues with assets just after reset yesterday, so I’m assuming this is a once-off issue as even Weekly Reset shouldn’t affect class changes. Either way, you got a free class change! :wink:

1 Like

yep so you should be happy that you got a free change.

1 Like