Hero Armor Display Bug - Mildly NSFW

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
To see the Hero avatar represented wearing armor. Instead just saw the nude hero PNG displayed with no armor drawn on top. edit: Windows 7 Pro - 64 Bit

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Just play the game and wait for it to happen.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

This happens to me 10-15 times a day, and itā€™s been going on for a long, long time. Sometimes I think itā€™s intended as either a distraction or a bonus, not sure which.

1 Like

Depends on which Dev you are talking to @Nimhain or @Sirrianā€¦Sirrian claims to have tried to squash this bug, but I donā€™t know about that ā€¦

1 Like

I get nude men, nude women, nude reptiles, wolves and cats; sometimes ghost armor with no avatar. I suppose I could call it just getting the bare necessities.

ā€œWhen I said the Hero needed buffs, this is not what I had in mind!ā€

11 Likes

I have to applaud your avatar for maintaining eye contact. Itā€™s like soulifeā€™s avatar is saying ā€œI dare you to try and find my nipples.ā€ and heā€™s all ā€œNope, Iā€™m not falling for that again.ā€

4 Likes

The devs try to keep the heroes clothed, but sometimes when the devs are not looking the heroes get buck naked and cause problems for their dev parents.

6 Likes

I feel this is appropriate for some of the heroes in this game. No matter how much we try to get them to keep their armor on, the minute we stop watchingā€¦ poof Armor gone.

(For a more serious answer see belowā€¦)

This is an issue that we are aware of, Iā€™ll explain how we think this is happening:
The characters are built from several layers of clothing, they are then composed off-screen and drawn on the screen fully clothed.

In a rare occurrence for some reason, the clothes fail to load, AND fail to notify us they have not loaded. This means that we draw the character THINKING it has clothes.

We believe this is caused by an issue with Adobe Air running out of resources, which can happen after a long session, or even a long series of sessions, without the game being closed down.

We will investigate this issue and try to narrow down the root of the problem.

7 Likes

i see no problem :blush:

4 Likes

You canā€™t see the ā€˜rootā€™ of the problem because the picture stops at waist level.

5 Likes

I used to encounter this bull___t when I used to author games with Macromedia/Adobe products. 50% of the development time was usually spent working around their abundant quirks.

Also, I can reproduce the problem after a fresh reboot, first run, first access to troop list. Iā€™ll make a video.

1 Like

Videos are always nice to see. They can help us try and work out what is going wrong.

Here you go. Malwarebytes & Avira scans yesterday. Just before making the video I ran CCleaner then a Windows Drive Cleanup, reboot, Verify of game files in Steam, disk defrag, reboot. Was able to trigger it right away as it is so easy to reproduce.

edit: You can do this by just clicking like a banshee on a normal mouse. You donā€™t need a Steam Controller to do it, I just tried.

1 Like

Lol is this coming to console soon? :see_no_evil:

this hasnt been on the console since the beginning?? wowā€¦ i feel lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like