Help Tezca protect the Stryx eggs by hunting Nagas.... wait What?

I thought the whole gist of the Suncrest storyline is how Tezca is plotting to tear down the Stryx’s Utopian society, destabilize their perfect climate, remove their infinite energy source, and destroy their religion?

… At least, that’s how I read it.
And why hunt Naga again? Didn’t we do that not long ago?
What’s up with Naga taking the blunt of the punishment?

Don’t hate them just because they’re ugly :cry:

7 Likes

I don’t know why we are doing Nagas again but I can tell you - just getting to 30 event gems has taken over 124 attempts + 24 successful teams.

1 Kingdom
Explore
Teams comprised of 1 Naga MAYBE

Its going to be a long week to get to 60 if its taken me 2 days to get to 30.

3 Likes

If you have free scouting you can reload using the difficulty trick. If not, you can retreat during pre-match animations. Either way, you can complete the event much, much faster than the rate you are now.

4 Likes

Been doing the reload using the difficulty trick

Thanks but doing that - still slow to get a team that has 1 at least

2 Likes

I don’t know, I got several with three.

I completed 150 stones in only 120 battles.

2 Likes

Also it’s worth checking Silverglade, Karakoth, Blighted Lands, Zhul’Kari and Stormheim for explores before using the difficulty to refresh, all have possible naga teams in their explore roster.

Check out this spreadsheet by @MakoSipper for info

6 Likes

Why would I want to retreat? If I load the battle, I might as well play it with my fastest explore team. After all, I still need over 70 arcane blood traitstones, so traitstone farming in Mist of Scales was on the “to do list” anyway. I might as well combine it with the hunt for snotstones…

2 Likes

My understanding is that Tezca only wants to take King Garuda down a peg or two as he has got his followers believing he is a deity.

She seems to generally be a do-gooder so she is apparently protecting the eggs from those evil reptilian poison-spitting naga

2 Likes

Fighting off Naga to protect the Stryx is plausible. It seems that the Naga and Stryx don’t get along. There are a couple Stryx troops that have a Naga Slayer trait if I’m not mistaken.

However, I don’t see why Tezca is protecting the eggs of the Stryx when she has a Stryx slayer trait.

1 Like

I like eating chicken, might call me a chicken slayer. If a Naga came for my chicken i’d kick the Nagas ass.

4 Likes

Ahah! Mystery solved!

1 Like

That was the question I asked and the people using the trick insisted that retreating was much faster.

I’m glad someone brought this up - I really found Tezca kinda evil for my character to follow, and if not evil, certainly a serious a-hole.

My read of the quest was ‘Hey, I’m a bunny. Look at these people who are not bunnies. I hate them because they’re different. Lets break all their stuff.’

I find it odd that she’s now defending Stryx eggs. What happened? Did she suddenly have a change of heart when the birds became endangered because she destroyed their society?

I kinda wish my player character had the option to opt out of protecting her while she destroyed the Stryx and their society like a Christian missionary canceling hula in Hawai’i.

2 Likes

Surely not more evil than Raven, who tricked Visk and stole the dragon eggs with your help? Your character will follow and help anyone who asks, no matter how evil they are.

2 Likes

Disagree, Tezca is quite benign compared to some of the lead quest characters. She sees a king that has set himself up as a God and given himself absolute power, and she sets out not to kill him or destroy his empire, but just to show his followers that he is not as omnipotent or infallible as he claims. Perhaps he was a tyrant?

Compared to the Whitehelm, Dragon’s Claw and Adana questlines she is definitely on the good end of the spectrum.

2 Likes

Albeit leaning heavily towards the Chaotic side of it :smiley:

3 Likes

Most certainly!

1 Like

Lets not forget that little tour de farce that was Silverglade’s plot. It could have been ‘find willful teenager, slap, bring home’ but nope… lets go mess up half the world instead.

1 Like