Has the PC/mobile AI been tweaked or something?

No your not imagining things. Been happening on my account for weeks now.

Welcome to the console AI! The AI will frequently miss 4 gem matches, hold its spell on troops for no reason at all and get an insane amount of cascades that will charge a couple of its troops up.

3 Likes

I endorse what @Verdugo says about the console version. Haven’t seen anything like that, or anything odd, in the iOS version yet, will keep an eye out.

I’ve seen this when frozen, too.

I just watched a Gorgotha / Monolith / Kraken / Mab team who had both Monolith AND Kraken ready to cast take 3 greens and give me back the turn.

Yeah the AI doesn’t always cast spells on it’s turn; that’s been that way for a long time.

1 Like

Not like this it isn’t. The AI doesn’t hold devour spells. At least I’ve never seen it.

Haven’t seen it. I am seeing Sacrifice gems constanly appear in pagtterns that guve tge AI 3+ free turns.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever seen it skip a cast is to match skulls. (until recently)

There’s definitely some random stuff going on. I know players have said they enjoy the randomness on console, maybe the devs are tweaking it on pc. I just wish they would tell us if they have. I haven’t had any problems with matches though. If I do it’s usually due to a lucky cascade at the start of the match for the enemy.

Maybe some stuff on console made it’s way to pc by accident. :smirk:

2 Likes

I have. There has always been an aspect of randomness to whether the AI will cast a spell or not, and I’ve seen it hold back on just about everything (buff, debuff, damage, create, convert, destroy, devour), even when it’s blatantly foolish to do so.

Skipping skulls or 4-matches, on the other hand, is something I’ve only ever seen when the AI is Frozen.

2 Likes

This is exactly my experience, too. :slight_smile:

This wouldn’t be the first time that something from console made it’s way to pc, and vice-versa.

Remember the extra gold from revenge battles? Both platforms.
Not to mention chat and other stuff I can’t remember right now…but you get the picture.

I’m not saying it’s 100% happening, i’m just saying it’s possible.

We haven’t touched the AI on PC/ Mobile.

7 Likes

Patience please Nim! My conspiracy theories were just getting started.

Then by all means, please continue :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So you guys member that time they removed necromancy from Valkyrie…

I member.:laughing::joy:

I blame Htismaqe for this. Every time he posts you have to start the theories. It’s second-nature.

i think it’s true is use bone dragon and soul dragon somtimes when i use a power the mana jauge still full

Given some of the things @Sirrian has told us about the AI, and the game’s code in general, it could be difficult to predict its behavior under all circumstances. The game is event-driven, and events may not complete in a consistent order, particularly under load. He presented the basic algorithm as a series of linear steps, but they may not actually occur that way in practice. The AI also has trouble making good choices about newer spells, because of limitations in the scripting system.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if changes that aren’t related to the AI could influence the outcome. Dead troops or status effects that haven’t been properly cleaned up may be inappropriately taken into account. Some part of the logic may be overriding the decision to take skulls, but failing its own check, allow the logic to drop down to taking a match-3. There have been multiple threads suggesting that the game doesn’t correctly identify match-4s under load, with the gems not matching, or them not granting an extra turn. How the game counts “blobs” of gems has been an issue on all platforms for a while now, so perhaps there are instances in which the game incorrectly identifies a potential match-4 as a match-3 instead, and thus passes over it.

As in all cases, the more pieces of the puzzle that are available, the more likely they can track it down. Video recordings of the whole battle, screenshots, or at least the team composition for each side.

3 Likes

Have not seen the skipping 4+ match thing, but I have seen situations where it skipped firing off a fully charged spell and went off to eat a random 3 gems match instead.

Something odd is going on…

1 Like

Seen it skip match-4 skulls twice already this morning. Nobody frozen.