Has anyone got The Sun from Vault rewards? (yes)

The Sun was released:
February 8th to Elite Plus Pass Players
February 15th to Elite Pass Players

And you’re stating that it’s being released into the vault on March 22 for everyone to have access to it. (6 weeks after the original release date.)

Your time window may need to be adjusted to the new way you guys use pay walls to release troops. Because going off pure release date doesn’t fit… clearly.

10 Likes

This better not happen unless it has a dual-home-kingdom like faction troops.

Affects Kingdom Power negatively, otherwise.

3 Likes

They must be making the Vault into a faction type deal. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Where is the in-game communication about this? Ninja updates again!

It is a 99,9 % chance it will be in the drop pool chances with Heart of Rage, sadly. Im 200 keys in and nada. I am so angry with this.

2 Likes

To be fair, they did say 3-4 weeks after that campaign ends, not 3-4 weeks after the original release.

1 Like

@NerdieBirdie looking purely at that statement why wouldn’t you go off Release date?

Because of your prior knowledge of a previous statement. So a better way to state it is.
Tarot cards will enter the vault 6-7 weeks after release date. Which was basically my point.

She keeps saying 3-4 weeks because for years and years and years that was the general rule before troops were pay walled.

1 Like

Silly to put Suncrest troop in the vault. Vault drops are rare so the only reason for this is to make sure it’s hard to max it unless you do it with a blue orb. Vault troops should be in the vault and Suncrest troops should drop with event keys during Suncrest event week. On the other hand you could give 6 copies if you buy the pass and I would say no more.

One for regular elite pass, and 5 more for elite+ pass owners :wink:

1 Like

At least then there’d be some reason to buy the more expensive pass, however small

If they want to make it at least a bit more attractive - that’s probably the way to go.

1 Like

It seems to me It’s another reason not to buy the pass. If you don’t buy pass you need 6 of the troop. If you do buy it then you still need 5. Folks buying the pass do not want to jump through more hoops trying to get the troop maxed. I am only saying this because putting it in the vault makes it even harder to get current troops in vault maxed. It seems like the Devs are doing this because they think the common player is sitting on hundreds of vault keys and nothing can be further from the truth. No reason troops that are not vault troops should be available only in the vault.

The ‘reason’ is because they want people to get them first from Elite campaign rewards, rather than having a very small chance of getting them from Vault rewards at a much later date.
This was established in the first campaign with Heart of Rage. FOMO ftw.

Even though Heart of Rage isn’t a “Tarot Card” right? Because it’s actually a “Vault” troop.

That despite it’s Legendary Rarity.

Is literally the hardest to find troop in the entire game. As in the lowest drop rate. Lower than even mythic troops. Or the other Legendary Troop in the Vault.

1 Like

Yeah, there are no rules regarding Vault troops’ rarities now. Particularly 505 Games not having to disclose the chances of getting any troop from there, unlike other chests.
Maybe there is a loophole for whatever reason? I dunno.

1 Like

I think the drop rates that they do disclose is so if anyone asks they can be like see, we disclose our drop rates. And of course John who’s never played GoW is going to assume that means they disclose all drop rates. But those who actually play the game know that’s not the case.

1 Like

Ascension orbs exists. Not saying everything’s fine as is, but if you have one copy, then one ascension orb can save you a lot of pain. If you have 0 copies, much pain. Which I think is exactly the reasoning behind putting it in the vault. It’s the “subscribe or suffer” business model.

3 Likes

I do not care about Vault troops because they are not linked to a kingdom progression. Blue orbs can be used as long as they stop making troops that require 8 power orbs. Otherwise all blue Orbs need to go to that.

2 Likes

Prior to weekly reset tonight. When you say Vault troops I knew 100% what you meant.

Now I have to assume you mean Vault “kingdom” troops and not troops that can be found in the Vault per say.

1 Like

Can you imagine when there are like 6 of these troops in the vault pool? Imagine you are lucky enough to pull 5 of them, how hard will it be to pull the 1 you DON’T have?

HoR didn’t attract enough subscription purchases because players don’t really care about vault troops as they don’t impact kingdom power… This way these troops are extremely hard to get AND they count for kingdom power. It’s all about the subs.

8 Likes