Has anyone got any of the 6 new pets from a rescue yet? Yes

none yet here either

Now that I think about it, remember how to new Pridelands weapon (Shadow-Hunter’s Claw) WASN’T added to soulforge until it was brought to their attention?

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/reported-shadow-hunters-claw-missing-in-soulforge/

I think maybe the new Pridelands pet (Shadow-Hunter’s Hawk) should have been the Pet Rescue for the weekly event, but was overlooked.

Typically needs to be 4 weeks after the release for the pets to show up in rescues. I know the announcement post is misleading. The Nexus pets were the same situation.

2 Likes

We’ve had >100 pets since 6.3 release, and none of the new ones have appeared, so they are not in the pool (despite the announcement inferring the opposite).

6 Likes

Here is an old post I made about the same situation occurring with Nexus pets. As mentioned exactly 4 weeks after the initial post the pets started appearing.

We will see these 6.3 pets in 2 more weeks.

1 Like

from another topic:

After a quick search, this is all I found mentioning the new pets “officially”.

Many mistakes already surfaced with 6.3 release, I suspect one more. Would someone please do a re-check if the six new pets are still restricted for the players? It certainly feels like it. Expectation: this gets fixed or officially responded to BEFORE the next vault event starts. Thx in advance…
@Jeto
@Kafka

1 Like

Looking at pet rescues announced in discord with the bot, there’s not been any of the new ones yet

5 Likes

They probably can’t be found yet. This seems to be a global setting for Pet Rescues, only those pets that have a release date at least four weeks in the past can get picked. In theory, modifying the release date to something like beginning of May would allow them to show up without causing any side effects, this would have to happen on server side though.

I’m wondering if/when the “3-4 weeks” delay in pets appearing in rescues after initial release changed.

If you look at the older official posts about new non-cosmetic pets, it was always stated that there would be this delay but the text seems to have changed at some point.

Looking back recently to the Alex pet, it states: “Alex will also start appearing as a potential Pet Rescue from Pet Gnomes.” No mention of a time period before this will start happening.

thanks @Hawx for the confirmation basically.

devs completely silent.
not sus at all.

Maybe I should have posted this as a bug report and it might have got a response? :thinking:

I decided not to because the patch notes didn’t explicitly state that these pets would immediately be available from rescues after the update. Would have been nice if they had though…

1 Like

Just change the category to bug reports and edit the post to follow their “template”.

And that way it’ll be addressed.

I think people assume the devs read all tags
… But in actuality it’s rarely the case.

2 Likes

(seemingly) unwillingness to provide clear data, infos and dates - that’s nothing new, but still hurts again everytime if you enjoy this game and play since many years. It seems not very well thought through to make your customers feel that way, but this goes way back for so many different topics… The question is “why”. Is it “not knowing better & ignoring demand and critique”? Or is it just “not caring”? In the rare occasions we even get a (quick or any) response we get “very vague” answers that basically would like to tell us “we try to avoid anything about that topic - can we please close/del the thread and never talk about it again?”

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the delayed response on this one.

The team confirmed that the Pets that were released as part of the new starter packs like Arcanus’ Hound for example, are available in Pet Rescues currently.

2 Likes

How many players have triggered their rescues since release then?

1 Like

None came out in our guild last vault weekend.

1 Like

Our guild and the guild family which contains 9 guilds have not see any new pet rescues…

@Hawx Can you look at pet rescues announced in discord with the bot over the weekend to verify that the new pet are out or not?

@Kafka Did you mean the new pets are available currently starting today or when it comes out in starter packs?

It takes getting burned a few times by the dev-writing-styles (and I not only mean yours!), but then you realise how words and sentences are bent and shaped.

So, just my assumption: To translate the “dev-writing-style” for the players on this topic:
At best your “Currently” translates into “starting as of posting this comment”.
At worst “the team” gave you wrong information. Again.

Nah, nothing to be sorry about. Well done, I mean, the whole dev-team successfully ignored this thread (lets just say) “until vault weekend was over”. Goal reached. Get yourself an achievement…

“too early to tell” … “the real release date” (best case scenario,t see above) was just around 9h ago. :wink:

1 Like

There seems to be a bit of miscommunication here. Pets only show up in Pet Rescues 3 - 4 weeks after their internal release date, this seems to be hard-wired into the game. What the team is likely saying is that the new pets aren’t excluded from Pet Rescues (like cosmetic pets), so they are eventually able to show up. What players are saying is that the new pets aren’t yet showing up, likely because the internal release date hasn’t been set far enough into the past.

3 Likes

There is seems a lot of “new” things to come in 3 weeks…
The new pets, the fifth all seing eyes troop with shards, maybe the chariot on the vault loot table (usually the tarot of previous campaign show up in the 5th or 6th week of the current campaign) …

“BUY MORE HAMSTERS! Before it’s late! We dont want see other yellow or red icon when we log in the game…”