Happy Bunny-Worship-Festival! (Easter 2021) 🐰

A bit later than usual because of computer issues, but nevertheless still on Easter, the time has come again for my yearly bunny post! Unfortunately, as my laptop with my long, prepared post had decided to have a hard drive failure (rip), this yearly post will be a bit improvised and shorter, but nothing shall stop the bunnies, for they are the cutest, cuddliest and safest buddies to have around during the pandemic!

Instead of carefully crafted bunny facts, this year, I present you some cool and exciting stories of awesome bunnies! Note that all stories here which are about house rabbits are about bunnies which are free-roaming and not locked up in cages - as it should be!

6bBx

Dory, a bunny who had been with her owners for only three months, saved her human’s life when he went into a coma due to his diabetes. Despite not being allowed on the furniture, she jumped up on his chest and started to thump furiously. The wife, who had thought her husband had only fallen asleep, got alarmed and called an amubulance, leading to the man being rescued.

Link

AdorableSilkyAmericancrow-size_restricted

A free-roaming bunny once saved their owner and her daughter from a house fire. As the smoke filled the house, the rabbit started scratching the woman’s chest. Waking up, the woman located her daughter and both made it out of the house alive. Unfortunately, the bunny wasn’t that lucky and, despite being taken outside by their humans, died from smoke inhalation, giving their life for the lives of their human. :frowning:

Link
AgitatedOfficialKitfox-size_restricted

Similiar to the previous tale, but with a happier ending, a bunny named Rabbit woke up his owners when a fire broke out by scratching at their bedroom door. This time, everyone, including Rabbit, made it out alive. Rabbit survived 45 minutes of smoke and heat and only had to go to the vet for a check-up visit.

Link

tumblr_5c75c3a6c068d75421c0daf5a9dbe208_9f905ed0_400
A bunny named Blazer alerted and woke her humans by jumping onto their bed, walking over their faces and making noises - something bunnies only do when in great pain or distress. Once the owners woke up, they immediately smelled gas in the house and managed to evacuate before calling the fire department. Blazer also made it out just fine and if you click on the link, you can even see a cute picture of her.

Link
tenor

To also put in a tale in which the bunnies got rescued: A Good Boy called Otis - a six year old golden retriever - found six wild baby bunnies who had ventured out of their nest. While not uncommon for baby bunnies, the area had a lot of hawks and the bunnies would have died. Otis gently picked them up, licked them clean and then his owner helped him (wearing gloves, which is important!) to put them back into their nest.

Link

cat

I had also told this story last year as a “bunny fact”, but it’s amazing every time: There is a youtube video of a heroic wild mommy bunny beating up a snake after the snake (sadly) attacked and killed several of her babies. Thanks to her quick reaction upon arriving at her nest, at least one baby bunny is seen making it out alive. The link to the short but sweet video is below.
Link (Video)

a6b729ada4e6f548b00c5a2e31361080

And, now that you have seen how amazing bunnies can be, here’s a reminder about how bunnies are not good Easter presents, despite the fact that Easter is clearly a holiday to honor the bunny. Bunnies need a lot of care, space, time and attention and are not good pets for children.

Last year, someone dumped a bunny and her two babies on the edge of the forest next to my home right around Easter, only a day or so after my last year’s post here. I contacted the animal shelter and my friend, two people from the shelter, and I managed to catch the scared bunnies, who had, at that point, already been outside for two or three days and were in bad health. Pet bunnies cannot survive in the wild, as they lack the instincts, fur (both in color and thickness) and physical build of wild bunnies. If you got a pet bunny from someone as an Easter present and cannot care for it, please surrender it to a shelter so that it can find a good home! I’ll attach a picture of the bunnies I helped to rescue. According to the shelter, all of them found great homes shortly after they had gotten spayed and neutered and I hope they are happy now!

Have a happy, hoppy and hopefully healthy Easter and I’ll see you next year! :rabbit: :rabbit2: :heart:
OddballBigHeterodontosaurus-max-1mb

20 Likes

Happy Easter! Always a pleasure seeing your posts @Sheba and the much needed cuteness you unleash in the forums…Orthodox Easter is 2nd of May so we might see you sooner than expected…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Always great to see you, @Sheba. Wish it was more than once a year. :smile::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply! Having no computer available right now means I always have to wait until I can sneak onto someone else’s for a minute!

@Vasilisk @RiverSong I am happy you are enjoying the bunnies! :blush: Unfortunately I don’t even know anything about Orthodox Easter, but the good news is that bunnies are awesome year-round. I know that this should mean posting things here year-round as well, but for some reason, the forum has still, after all the years, not evolved into a forum about bunnies, so I fear that for now, I will only come here once a year. Like the Easter Rabbit. Being like a bunny is important. :rabbit2:

(No really, guys, I miss my time on the forum here, but I haven’t touched the game in years and I don’t think that just spamming bunny posts here all the time would be the best of contributions. Still, I’m happy to see you guys still remember me! :heart:)

1 Like