Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves

Some Shield is coming later this month.

1 Like

Speaking of repeating… the event this week is Treasure Hunt JUST like the last time it was Dragon’s Claw. Seriously… why are they literally repeating everything except the guild part of the week?

1 Like

Well, in fairness, thematically, it makes sense. In a lot of lore and video game culture, Dragons are known for hoarding Treasure. So, a Treasure Map event during a Dragons week does make some sense. But, I understand what you are saying.

That’s great to hear. Personally, I don’t really need them, but a lot of people do. We shouldn’t have to wait a year or more for ONE Arcane in the Shop, though. That’s ridiculous.

Re: Lady Garnetia Troop Art

Apparently, it was laundry day, and she swears that that halter top was the only sensible thing to wear.

It’s in an anthropomorphic dragon’s nature to exercise modesty, I suppose.

1 Like

Well, another week full of Dust Devils to annoy us.

So far the following team works fine and it’s cheap to assemble for newer players

Dragonian Monk
Dragotaur
Lady Garnetia
Hero with your prefered class, but Dragonguard works better, and a weapon that suits you better, Eternal Flame for the few of us who have is good to fill Garnetia’s mana.

You’ll generate mana basically with Dragotaur’s spell sometimes and they provide enough offensive and defensive power, the armor helps Garnetia’s damage to the boss, but later you might need to use a “Mang-like” weapon on the boss to kill him outright. Having two Dragoguard on top will help with Dust Devil’s first cast shenanigans.

Edit: Decided to trade one Dragotaur for a Dragonian Monk, his barriers and gem destruction are useful if played right.

2 Likes

Just wait until next week, where Whitehelm will repeat as the event kingdom again. Just needs a Raid Event to complete the its bingo card.

1 Like

Wait, is Lady Garnetia actually a female? Forgive me for possibly opening a can of worms, but I thought the implication was that “she” was trans?

I’m trying to be as delicate with this question as possible, as it borders politics and touchy topics that I’m clearly ignorant in, but I genuinely thought this was a male dragon identifying as Lady Garnetia. The whole “she was born this way” thing kinda drove the impression home for me.

And for those saying she’s flat chested or that dragons don’t have mammaries, that could also be true, no issues with that either, especially coming from someone with a wife with a self-proclaimed negative A cup, but Divinia has top shelf occupancy… I can’t really tell with Asha since her clothes are baggy.

Though, if we’re going by auditory means, Lady Garnetia DOES sound like a women when put on a team.

I apologise in advance to my unintended bigotry, but I’m very curious on the matter. General thoughts?

1 Like

Definitely a can of worms, however I’m actually intrigued myself now. Which is unusual for me.

I would have to say this only applies to “Dragonians” - the somewhat humanoid dragons predominantly (if not exclusively) residing in Dragon’s Claw. Celestasia and Dimtraxia and Sheggra are obviously more traditional dragons.

(I’m not really trying to answer the question myself, I don’t know either …)

2 Likes

“Dragon in drag?”

1 Like

If Skeletons don’t have… meaty accessories… they can identify themselves as any gender?

Ok, i won’t push my funny bone any further. It’s very long you know? :skull:

Now seriously, i assumed she is biologically female, and that her figurine just reflected a stronger draconic ancestry¹, so she wouldn’t have breasts by the artist concept.

I don’t see any problem if this is a diversity token character, the art is good (unlike some two other cards), for the event the troop is viable² and honestly it’s a fantasy world that mirrors many things that from our world and other pop-fantasy influences, past and present, so it’s just fair to have some more diversity.

¹ By the way @Sirrian, shouldn’t we eventually get some racial trait for “Great dragons” and also some versions for the other “Minor variants”?
² She could get a buff after the event ends so her spell would have a Damage boost of 2:1 instead of 3:1 to be slightly worse than High Paladin.

1 Like

Also, is the title of this thread even remotely related to:

Gypsies, dags, eggs, d’ya like eggs?
Maybe im overthinking things, which is surprising by itself considering the usual lack of a physical brain that every skeleton has…

giphy

1 Like

Reference is to this,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsys,Tramps%26_Thieves

not to Snatch.

2 Likes

I feel like the snarkiest answer is “If a magic dragon tells you she’s a lady, you call her “Lady”.”

A more “woke” answer is, “Why’s it matter?” It’s a dragon character wearing some kind of strange-ass combination of halter top and gold necklace, possibly because the artist didn’t know how to draw a dragon’s chest and couldn’t find a stock picture to “make significant changes to”. All we know about her is her name has “Lady” in the title. It’d be cool to get some thoughtful backstory that establishes her as a powerful figure like MtG did with Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, but overall I feel the GoW writers go more for “lighthearted comedy” than the WotC writers.

So actually the snarky answer’s turns out less snarky than I thought: if Lady Garnetia says she’s a lady, she’s a lady.

(When I read this it sounds like I’m mad or something, it came out really hostile and I don’t know why. Not my intent.)

Dragon is, as dragon does.

Dragons really aren’t too concerned with gender. They don’t have the same cultural norms as humans, and their role within society isn’t determined by their biological sex or gender expression.

To quote @Slypenslyde…

2 Likes

Also nice touch giving us gold for using the Glory troop in Eggsplore.

3 Likes

I am upset that I did not think of that first.

1 Like