GW Defense Teams STILL Resetting (Update?)

having to come back and find the dumb thread to make defense teams not reset is really aggravating. please fix this already

1 Like

Looking good. So far nothing has changed or reverted.

1 Like

I was beginning to be hopeless after all that we have tried since last week, but this has worked! Thanks!

1 Like

Did a minor change before bedtime yesterday, switching the defense teams of purple and green day, it did not get saved.

All these different methods to try and counteract this problem, Iā€™ll admit, gets on my tits.

Defence teams not sticking has been a constant problem which has only been made worse by adding scoring to it. Iā€™m glad theyā€™ve done what they did in order to freshen up the teams we face in guild wars, however this problem should have been eradicated before release.

Iā€™m not going to jump through hoops and sacrifice a lamb to Amun-Ra to try and avoid a bug that should have been squashed long ago. Sure Iā€™m going to lose points and my guild will lose points due to my stubbornness but at this point I just donā€™t care.

Why introduce a points based mode in which you earn rewards when some people at random will be penalised for a bug the devs have failed to fix time and time again?

Is this just another example of our beloved beta testers not being used when we really needed them?

2 Likes

I have no idea what is going on but it is more than just failing to save. Somehow I managed to set single Troop Defenses for the last three days of GW last week. The solitary Hero in top slot (which I donā€™t use) with a weapon that I have not employed a single time in 2 years.

1 Like

This issue happened to me last week, so I used the work around above (go into the edit troops screen, then come back and change via banner) to get it fixed.

Yesterday, I made sure to set up my teams using that same method, and checked back in once or twice to be sure that they had ā€œstuck.ā€ All good.

Until I check this morning, and discover theyā€™ve all reverted to my default team. This is beyond aggravating at this point.

3 Likes

Mine reset this week. What Iā€™ve found is that after I set my teams, I need to go play a match to make sure the server updates. I set them all, go out, play a PvP match, come back in and check. If they look good, I exit the game, kill it, then come back in and see if they stuck.

I have become superstitious to not change any troops in my slot 1 team, or any of the GW teams, without going and checking for the reset bug.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a bug resetting or if thereā€™s just no clear way of how to set the team for everyone.

I havenā€™t had one reset on me yet , and I made six slots just for war teams. I have to set them all with the x button, then I edit weekly. Maybe all my adjusting locks it in, but the team needs to be in all menus, not just wars, it actually takes the slot youā€™re editing.

I said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, A quick tutorial would help.

And I just figured out on PS4 that the R2 button will go to next letter so going through troops. Is it little bit quicker now. L2 goes back.

1 Like

@Saltypatra can you please confirm this will be fixed in the next update?

1 Like

I agree so much. While fighting different defenses in GW has been much more enjoyable, the random point deductions (from 2000-10000) are just annoying.

And there just doesnā€™t seem to be any consistency as to when and why the defenses update. This applies to the PvP defenses also. Try to put out raksha defenses to help others? Well have fun fighting my meta defense. While I donā€™t lose directly out on anything there I think there would have been a lot more raksha defenses last week if not for this bug.

Absolutely agree! Only by chance I clicked on my defence and saw it had reset and cant even change todays. A heads up from the devs would have been nice as the guild has lost valuable points.

i had all my defense teams locked in and saved on Monday. checked them on Tuesday, still good. i checked on it today (Thursday) and both my Day 2 and Day 3 (Wednesday and Thursday) teams are set to completely different teams, not even the PVP team.

NOT COOL!

now iā€™m down points because of a glitch. when can this be fixed???

EDIT: Additionally my Monday team that was confirmed OK during the GW on Tuesday is also showing different. so i wonder, is it using my real team but displaying wrong? or a combination of issues?

This happened to me. I hard closed and restarted the game and it was back to showing my original teams Iā€™d locked in. Some sort of odd display issue.

I really hope they get these issues ironed out with the upcoming updateā€¦

1 Like