GW Dead Guilds and Moving Brackets

On PC you would start in bracket 450+ or something like that and climb from that point… :wink:

Guild my alt made is currently in bracket 359. Started somewhere in May or June… It’s slowly progressing up with every GW. Most of brackets contain 1-2 guilds that have at least 1 player that hits back. Rest are dead meat.

2 Likes

Last GW, we had a grand total of 3 people who actually fought us. Kind of disheartening.

2 Likes

hmmm… how do you measure the willingness of a guild to join a war?
quantitatively.

a guild can consist of 1 single player and very active

it can consist of 30 active players

it can also consist of 30 semi active players

the guild with active players may click on register for war in 21 days after the war is done, AND on the war week, no one sets up any defense. no one attacks and they will appear as an inactive guild for war.

that same guild can also be active in events etc. so, back to the question, how do you quantitatively measure and differentiate a guild that is willing to join a war vs the guild that isnt willing or was originally willing to participate in GW but changed their mind

If that guild scores 0 points, they’re not a very willing guild.

for that war yes, but how about for next war? do you just ban them for next war?

add: remember, new guilds also have 0 score for previous war

They should massively drop brackets. I don’t agree with banning them or instantly dropping them to the worst bracket. Maybe the guild just massively cleaned house for example. While I do side eye the painfully low score guilds, they’re less my issue than the actual 0 point guilds that make up half the bracket despite over a year of climbing ranks.

Personally, I think if a guild scores 0 time and time again, they should get sent to the worst bracket.

1 Like

yes, but the problem is, a guild that scored zero last war may change their mind and decide to participate on the next war.

I agree if a guild score 0 for several consecutive wars, they should be dropped.

Some of these guilds likely exist. Do they really make up half my bracket for every single GW? Doubtful. I’d be willing to bet most of those guilds having gotten 0 points several times. I imagine even if a guild leader is cleaning house, the leader themselves would still participate in the GW just to get a couple points to prevent moving to a worse bracket.

1 Like

Any guild don’t want to get dropped, ought to fight their battles in the current guild war. Simple, easy, awesome.

As far as registering for a GW, it was my intent to verify that as the lowest rank, I was able to do so at reset. Unfortunately, I also had an alt logged in at the time. So while it was my main that was active, and took a screenshot, I do not know that if because my alt was also logged in, I somehow obtained its super powers and was therefore able to register my guild simply by being online.

It’s still a bug in my opinion. Not as big a problem as having dead guilds posting zeroes in GW, but perhaps proof that not all guilds “actively register to participate” in GW as claimed by the devs.

A guild that posts a zero ought to drop a significant amount of brackets, no matter what the reason. We had a Level 1400+ log in Thursday just to tell us he didn’t feel like fighting, and that we could kick him if we wanted. We waited til after reset, just in case he felt like changing his mind.

1 Like

Well, maybe a simple solution would be:

if a guild scores 0 over the whole week, they should be moved X bracket down, where X is thir current bracket.

So Guild i bracket 1 will be moved to bracket 2.
Guild in bracket 2 will be moved to 4…
3 to 6…
80 to 160…
120 to 240…
300 to… last bracket ingame

And that demotion, should apply to all guilds that scored 0 → not only those ordered on last 2-3 spots.

That way, 0 scoring guilds would be moved down quite fast from the active player base. Also that way, some non-0 guilds would move up a bit faster.

@Saltypatra, could you check with dev team if such algoritm can be implemented and is there any will to do so ?

6 Likes

Bumping this in case someone with an alt is able/willing to check conclusively whether registering for Guild Wars is indeed an “active” choice, which involves specifically preasing the “Register” button.

With GW coming up in a week, it would be great to know whether a guild registers itself by:

• simply logging on after reset
  • performing any task (collecting seals, collecting mail, fighting a battle)
  • only by specifically clicking the Register button

Of course, the visual bug of whether a guild is indeed registered could be problematic. Hopefully someone could get to the bottom of this, since requiring a specific press would probably reduce/remove many of the dead guilds in the brackets.

Pretty sure it doesn’t automatically register with any of those, will check again when GW starts:

Exited and re-opened game:

1 Like

Well, guess that’s that. Which makes me wonder who in our guild is actively registering us for GW, and who in the “dead” guilds is doing that. Because it seems very strange that a 1-person guild would actively register themselves for a GW but perform 0 battles. Or that every person in a 30-person guild decides not to attack after registering. If they had wanted to take a break, it would be much simpler not to register than register and avoid it, especially if they wanted to maintain their ranking/bracket (assuming it works that way).

Edit: Course, now the question is, does a guild get auto-registered if it has registered at least once in the past?

2 Likes

@Jonathan can probably test that, too, but I really think it is just straight-up: people in lower brackets get the same rewards regardless of participation, so they decide not to bother.

They register because they want the rewards.

They don’t play because the effort to increase those rewards is seen as being too much, and therefore not worth it.

These are slash-and-burn subsistence farmers, not the industrious innovators figuring out how to get a 20% greater yield from their rice paddies next year.

5 Likes

You have 3 weeks to register. And the “register!” notice is pretty obvious on the guild menu. Could be somebody is playing this week, they register because “why not?” and by the time guild wars comes around, they’re either not active anymore, have left the guild in search of a more active one or just don’t notice GW is happening - I imagine that’s more likely now that GW is not the only guild event of the week.

2 Likes

Perhaps a solution would be that a guild is only able to register during the prior week?