Guildmate Gift

Could someone please explain the logic behind the Guildmate gift recipe below? I get that we don’t want to make it easy for people to farm gems by sending these back and forth but I think it would be reasonable to make them closer to net neutral so you can better share resources with your guild. Right now this is so prohibitively costly, it might as well not be an available recipe because it is so unreasonable to make. It just kinda seems like a slap in the face to include something that is functionally unable to be used.

1 Like

In the eyes of the makers, the soulforge acts as a replacement method to create stuff, that you are expected to get elsewhere normally. Everything around there is overpriced.

However I’ve seen a couple of players, who used this specific one as a last hurrah for the guild before quitting the game.

2 Likes

I craft/send out guildmate gifts frequently.

TOD scouters get them, if someone caught a ton of pets during a Vault weekend, or the guild anniversaries of members [1 year since joining, 2 years, etc.].

For New Year’s, I sent one to every single guild member.

5 Likes

That is very thoughtful of you, but wouldn’t you agree that the gem cost should be 25 gems and then the other materials can be the transaction cost? Doubling the gems it takes to make seems asinine

More players sending gifts through the soulforge = less players sending gifts through the guild menue. You see, how this might be an issue?

25gems as gift in exchange for 50gems is okay, as it should be something special if you gift someone that small token of appreciation ingame. If that was set to 1:1 exchange rate we’d see a tsunami of new multiaccs swarming out just to hourly farm gems, farmbots would actually take over just to massively support some mainaccs. There’s more than enough “dead” level 1000+ accounts in the game that others use to fill empty guild slots or to even play guild wars in high levels. It would also just be way to easy to push new reg’d accs which would be highly unfair to other low level players without such “support” and also highly unfair to high level players that never had such support either and are wrecked with the new flawed concept in pvp.

It is actually one of the recipe’s that has a rather fair cost. The little bit of cursed runes is totally neglectable if playing at a certain stage, a dead currency anway that can also be gap farmed, if that is the goal. And the other stuff in the recipe isn’t even worth mentioning at all.

I’m sometimes doing guild gifts. Obviously I’d gift some more with a 1:1 exchange rate. Currently I have around 70 guild gifts that were crafted or vip offer daily deal exchanged over time that I could release right away without any new crafting.

5 Likes

i thought the 2:1 ratio was unfair, you hold a very valid point in your statement.

2 Likes

Jerry and Icy make some very good points. I agree the other currencies aren’t a big deal, it just seems very odd to have a 2:1 ratio. Like I’m pretty far into end game and still need lots of gems. So we ever not need lots of gems? lol

So if you are transferring to another guild mate to support them, it’s still at your own expense and the people don’t have that support should join guilds lol like the purpose of a guild is support and it would be nice if we could support each other a bit more than knowledge I think is my main point. Even with farm bots (is that even a thing in GoW?) and all that - it’s not like you can do this for just anyone, they need to be a guild member so it would be a pain to exploit for personal gain like that.

As for the guild shop - I still use the $20 one from time to time because I personally benefit and then also other people benefit so it’s still a good deal even if the guild gifts in the forge were 1:1 gems